Last Minute Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

red-corvette

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, to pose a theoretical question...

If you were accepted to one school (2nd choice), and waitlisted for another (1st choice), you would obviously continue to matriculate as normal at the accepted school until you heard from the waitlisted school, I am assuming. But what if you didnt hear from the waitlisted school until the day before classes? Would it still be possible to withdraw from the accepted school at that late of a date? How would it work as far as financial aid....once you accept a financial aid package for a particular school, do you give up your chance of going anywhere else? If Anyone has any experience or knows of a similar situation, I would be so grateful for your reply....

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure of the whole financial aid aspect of the question, but at my USC interview, the students there mentioned that someone joined their class from the waitlist on the second day of classes. Apparently one of the matriculated USC students got into UCSF at the last minute, withdrew, thus opening a spot for #1 on USC's waitlist.

I'm not sure of the whole financial aid aspect of the question, but at my USC interview, the students there mentioned that someone joined their class from the waitlist on the second day of classes. Apparently one of the matriculated USC students got into UCSF at the last minute, withdrew, thus opening a spot for #1 on USC's waitlist.

Got same story from Student Services rep at Western at 1/27 interview. Also unsure as to how that affects you Fin Aid.