Last name change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope_to_match

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys..I have a quick question regarding the AADSAS. I got married earlier this year and all of my LORs and transcripts are under my maiden name. I registered for DAT and on AADSAS under my new married name (since I changed my drivers license, social etc..). Will this be a problem? How do I go about to make sure they understand why there are two different last names ..I am a little confused about this thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So long as your AADSAS ID is on everything (and it should be), I don't think there will be any problems. :)

So long as your AADSAS ID is on everything (and it should be), I don't think there will be any problems. :)

ok that sounds good. I was hoping i wouldnt have to ask for my letter writers to change letters to my new name..that would be too much of a hassle :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys..I have a quick question regarding the AADSAS. I got married earlier this year and all of my LORs and transcripts are under my maiden name. I registered for DAT and on AADSAS under my new married name (since I changed my drivers license, social etc..). Will this be a problem? How do I go about to make sure they understand why there are two different last names ..I am a little confused about this thanks.

I am pretty sure there is a place that asks for previous last names on your transcript request, no? I only did TMDSAS but there was a space for that. Also, I think they might have asked "have you gone by another last name before." Maybe? I feel like this is a pretty common situation so I'm sure they'll figure it out. I got married since school so I had the same thing, except my LORs are with my new name, and everything turned out fine.

On AADSAS, under Biographic Information (first category under Applicant Information), the very last question says: "Do you have any ADEA AADSAS documents under another name?"

Fill in the "Applicant's alias first name1," "Applicant's alias middle name1," and "Applicant's alias last name1" categories with your name before you got married and I believe you should be good to go.

Hope that helps! :)

I had similiar problem. Just provide both of your old & new official papers.