last week before test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moo

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what should I do during this last week? I was going to go over BRS path again but would it be better just to do questions from qbank, BSS, and other sources? I've been doing q's all day because I really don't feel like opening more books and reading and memorizing again.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a few more days than you, so I'm doing a systems based review. I do the path, phys, and pharm of 1-2 systems per day. It's going to take me 6 days and then I am going to review micro, anatomy, immuno, biochem, and B.S. (what I like to call biostats) for the next 5 days. Of course I will probably do at least 1 hour of pharm per day since it is probably my weakest subject. Well, besides biochem.

Oh, and I finished Q bank so I'm not doing those again. I am doing the Robbin's review of path questions each day, and in my last 5 days I'll probably check out some review books in the library and just do randoms to keep my mind in test mode.

Read FIRST AID OVER AND OVER AND OVER>

just took step 1 and it was a great resource.

Members don't see this ad :)
12R34Y said:
Read FIRST AID OVER AND OVER AND OVER>

just took step 1 and it was a great resource.

Thanks so much!!! I am so afraid to NOT do that and wish I had - time to bite the bullet and go through it a lot!!! :D

Haven't taken the test yet but my last week is going to be dedicated to going over qbank and First aid with more time devoted to FA. Im thinking like 3hrs a day qbank and 7 FA

AlexRusso said:
Haven't taken the test yet but my last week is going to be dedicated to going over qbank and First aid with more time devoted to FA. Im thinking like 3hrs a day qbank and 7 FA

Yup. Im going to try and knock out the last couple of hundred in Q, and then hit the FA. Probably will read the HY books on the stuff I suck at. Its kind of cool when you study somthing intensly, return to FA and finally understand what some of the fine print means. I wish I could do that with all of FA instead of blindly memorizing, but time is running out.

Also on the to-do wish-list:

Kaplan Q-book (some)
BSS basic science (some)

Here's to wishful thinking..

Legion

Yeah I have the big dog on Tuesday and Wednesday. So tomorrow I am going to get thru as much of USLME secrets book as I can as well as qbank. Maybe do a bit of path and phys out of FA. Only got thru that book one and a half times but have been writing in it for the last year and a half.

Good luck to all

-C

FYI - If you guys want to be "quizzed" on FA but don't have anyone to do it, www.usmle.myplayspace.com has a ton of open ended questions straight from FA to test yourself.