Last week till test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elegantorchid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What should I do??? I have so much left undone.

1550 Uworld Q's untouched.
done ~500 Rx Q's
UW assessment 1 score: 242

I'm absolutely stressed out because I have so much questions not done and I've only gone through First Aid once. I refer back to it often when I do questions but reading it straight through only once. I am starting to panic. I have no idea how I got a 242 on the assessment because I felt like I bombed it so I guess I had some good guesses...

I was leaning toward reading FA again because I found on my most recent random Uworld Questions I miss a lot of things I might have gotten had I been more familiar with the book. On the other hand, ppl say Uworld questions are the most important.

What do you think I should do? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks >.<

Members don't see this ad.

Do more UWorld. It seems like you have a good enough handle on FA doing one pass. Good job. UWorld will help pinpoint your weaknesses and their explanations are usually quite adequate. Getting through UWorld will be kind of like another pass through the material, plus you'll get a better idea of what kinds of questions you might expect on Step 1.

Do more UWorld. It seems like you have a good enough handle on FA doing one pass. Good job. UWorld will help pinpoint your weaknesses and their explanations are usually quite adequate. Getting through UWorld will be kind of like another pass through the material, plus you'll get a better idea of what kinds of questions you might expect on Step 1.

Are you suggesting I pinpoint my weakness and then go back into FA to read up on that or do more Q's from Uworld based on weakness.

Have you considered taking a NBME to see where you are at?
I really want to but I don't know if its worth it given that I have so little time. I'd rather prepare my best then get a idea of my score.

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe plow through UW on tutor mode, only skim explanations and just read the educational objectives. Skip reading explanations of questions you got right and are confident in your reasoning. I say tutor mode bc it'll go faster bc you have immediate feedback of your thinking process for the particular question.
I think you could do maybe 200-300 a day that way.

maybe plow through UW on tutor mode, only skim explanations and just read the educational objectives. Skip reading explanations of questions you got right and are confident in your reasoning. I say tutor mode bc it'll go faster bc you have immediate feedback of your thinking process for the particular question.
I think you could do maybe 200-300 a day that way.

that's a really good idea. I made the mistake of taking way too much notes on UW Q's earlier and Last week or so I started skimming much more but still only managed only about 2 blocks a day. I think I'll try your idea out and see if I can get more done.

Looks like your looking at 3 blocks of questions a day, for the next few days. Don't burn out though bro.

Remember, it takes about 1,000 questions to see a real improvement in score.

Hopefully you can get 1,000 done.

i'm def not burned out. I just wish I had more time. I need like 2 more weeks but May 19 is the last day my school wants us to have it taken.

I think the biggest thing making me panic is that I have so much Uworld not done leading me to think (probably correctly) that i'm unprepared . Everyone here seems to have finished all of it.

Last edited: