Last week until Test- AAMC 505 only- score boosting tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

howlcat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN..

I just finished taking the AAMC FL practice test and scored what I figured was a 505

Chem 126 % correct: 68.00% (40/59)
CARS 126 % correct: 72.00% (38/53)
Bio 126 % correct: 69.00% (41/59)
Psych 127 % correct: 76.00% (45/59)
Total 505 % correct total: 71.00% (164/230)

I've been studying for the MCAT for about 4 months, and have taken 4TPR FL's (2 of which I got 501 on and 2 I got 499 on), and 2 Kaplan FLs (both 496). I've also done a bunch of AAMC question packs and have been getting in the 70s range for most of the questions.

I have about a week left (I test on Sept 12th) until the MCAT, and judging by mcatjelly's pages and other people's scores, I figure that my actual MCAT score isnt going much higher than a max of 510, which I feel at this point I'd only get with luck and extreme concept reviewing. Do you have any tips for me to boost my score during this last week? (I really don't want to have to do the test again if i can help it). I still have another Kaplan FL left which I'll do soon just to build endurance, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how I can improve my score between now and then.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately I don't think there will be anything you can do in this week that you haven't been able to accomplish in the previous 16. If you don't think you'll be able to get a competitive score this time around, then just take the test for practice, void it, and regroup for January. It's far better to do that than to get a low score permanently affixed to your application.

Reactions: 1 user