**LAST WEEK** What did you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheAnonymous

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering what you guys did the week before your MCAT and whether or not you think you made the right decision.

I'm planning to just do practice passages until4 days before the test, then take an AAMC test, 3 days before the test and then spend the 2 days remaining just doing content review and reading over my 200 pages notes.

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I condensed my "notes" into something very manageable to read over every day. I also took the last two AAMC (10/11) 4 days / 2 days before, just so I would be fresh on taking the test. I also practiced writing down all formulas (PS) and Mnemonics (BS) in case the testing center allowed you to write during the Tutorial.

Everything, in theory, helped. Unfortunately, I was a May 8th'r so even though I knew all the formulas and scored real well on PS, i used only maybe one formula on the PS section, and the only thing I really write down for BS is the Endocrine things, so I didn't really need it.

Oh.,..also I went over every question I missed on my AAMC tests over the week before just to get refreshed.

I personally think taking the FL a few days before is great to keep you in test mode, but don't do it if you will freak out if you don't do as well (some people say 11 is hard, or 10 is hard, etc).

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Smoked a blunt with some friends 3 days leading into it to chill out before the exam....

I'm kidding. I did light review two days before with verbal both days. I don't believe in the notion of not doing anything the night before.

Reactions: 1 users
Smoked a blunt with some friends 3 days leading into it to chill out before the exam....

I'm kidding. I did light review two days before with verbal both days. I don't believe in the notion of not doing anything the night before.
Agreed, I do not fully agree with the "if you don't know it by now, you aren't going to". I didn't risk doing nothing on the day before (or even the hours before) the test. I constantly brain dumped on a page all formulas, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all !!

When did you stop doing practice passages? Based on your comments, I think I should do AAMC 11 3 days before, then do 2 days of full review.

I was thinking of buying Chad's videos and spend 1 day / subject watching 10 hours of videos.... what do you think?

Thank you all !!

When did you stop doing practice passages? Based on your comments, I think I should do AAMC 11 3 days before, then do 2 days of full review.

I was thinking of buying Chad's videos and spend 1 day / subject watching 10 hours of videos.... what do you think?
That's close to what I did.

I did AAMC 5 on day 3, reviewed it that day, day 2 continued reviewing aamc 5 + VR + content review from my notes, day 1 VR+ VERY LIGHT review from all my notes, day 0 MCAT

Thank you all !!

I stopped doing practice passages close to a week out, but thats because I had two AAMC tests and my notes to review. If you do any passages, I suggest just pick ones from your weaker areas, don't just do all types of passages.

I have not used Chad's videos, but I've heard good things...however, I don't think you need to watch all of it, I think I saw you were already killing the MCAT, so like practice passages...maybe watch the videos that cover your weaknesses?