Late aadsas submission... what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wnabDentist 92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the DAT and these are my scores

PAT 23
Reading comp: 20
QR: 16
OCHEM: 23
GCHEM: 23
BIO: 19
TS: 21
AA:20

Overall GPA; 3.64
Science GPA: 3.72

My question is, should I apply and if so to how many schools? I have a lot of community service (bout 600 hrs) close to 100 shadowing hrs, already am done filling out my application except for my personal statement. Im not paying for my applications so money isn't an issue. I was really anxious to submit until I talked to a "pre-professional counselor" (another pre-dent student) at my school and he told to me that my chances are really slim at this poin bc im late. If there is no realistic chance of me getting in anywhere, I don't even want to waste my time or someone elses money... If anyone has any experience with this or knows of someone that has been in my situation Id appreciate your insight!

Members don't see this ad.

However, hold on! Aadsas will have to verify all your transcripts. It takes 4-6 weeks. So schools will only receive your appl late october. No. U better prepare everything for next cycle and have a good chance at all schools. No, do not submit

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I called aadsas and they actually told me that lately it has been taking about 2-3 weeks. still too late if I submitted beginning of next week?

there's time it takes for the transcript to get to AADSAS, there's time your professors will take to write letters, they need about a week or so to verify the GPA, etc, etc.
At this point in time, unless you are extremely lucky, you wouldn't get all those ready by the time that is still considered competitive.

If you really want to give it a shot, just apply to schools that you think you'd really like to attend. Save your money for the next cycle.

I know people who applied in Nov and had no issues. You have solid #s and should apply. 40% of applicants get enrolled...

If you have your LOR's ready to go, why not. You have very competitive stats, so there's a pretty good chance you could be accepted somewhere. However, yes, you are late into this current cycle. So there is a decent chance you might not get into your top choice(s). It's a tough choice. I agree with only applying to the schools you really wish to go to this cycle. If you get in, great! If not, you can get feedback from those schools for the next cycle.

IF your personal statement is completed and well written (It has been reviewed by an English/Lit professor) and you have your LORs, you should apply. However, your chances are a bit slim because of the number of people already ahead of you. Remember that once a school has your completed application, it doesn't mean that it will be reviewed that week or the following week. If everything gets submitted by Monday (LORs can be submitted 2 weeks after the application is submitted to ADEA), it's doable. However, be aware that you may not go to your top choice of school. If you are dead-set on going to a particular school, then apply next cycle. Maybe retake the DAT to improve your QR score as well as some schools may ask you to do.

Thanks guys for all of your input! I decided to just submit my application a couple of weeks ago! Took like 5 days too get everything ready! (Such a headache!) Ill post if I have any luck!

So I applied to 16 schools... So far I have been invited to 4 interviews. 1 was predecember and 3 were post December. HOWEVER, because the interviews are scheduled on a first come first serve basis, Ive been watching the interview calendars for these schools and have been able to reschedule 2 of those post-december interviews to November! (This was bc other ppl canceled their interviews.) Now I have 3 interviews scheduled for November and 1 on Dec. 5th. Hopefully I get in! Now Im just waiting to see if I get anymore interview invites!

Reactions: 3 users
Wow congrats on the interviews. Your DAT score is good. I don't think the QR will be thatt much of an issue

Do you mind saying where you got interviews??

UOP, Midwestern (AZ), UNLV (These are all pre-december)

Nova (This one is in December)

(11/17) Edit: Also just interviewed at USC last week

Last edited:
that's awesome, congrats on the interviews. good luck!

IMHO, it's a bit late, but you may be able to scrape a few post- december interviews. If $$$ isn't a problem for you, go on ahead. Just keep in mind that some schools have a cut off score of 17. That 16 may come to haunt you.

EDIT: congrats on the interviews!