late acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovefash67

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question in regards to late acceptance. Is it possible that a phd program l can be looking to fill a certain amount spots so they might offer an applicant late acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

At this point in time? Id really doubt it. Classes have already started

Agreed. It was possible throughout the summer before the semester begins (I was offered my spot in July but it was a very serendipitous exception), but once contracts are signed at the beginning of the semester, I would think most programs have finalized their cohort's information. Any additional funding (say if a program had funding for 10 but only 9 were confirmed) would roll over into the next year's applicants...I suppose.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank You guys! I am actually applying for the first time in December and I was just curious if late acceptance has ever happened.

Thank You guys! I am actually applying for the first time in December and I was just curious if late acceptance has ever happened.

I would never count on it. It only happened for me because one person decided to rescind their offer from my program (which is frowned upon, but they had personal reasons for not starting that year). By chance, I was meeting with the program director that same week (incidentally, to inquire about how to strengthen my next year's application) when they offered me the spot. I have never met anyone else that this has happened to, so it was a very rare situation that I was happy to be on the receiving end of it.

Good luck! :luck:

Reactions: 1 user
Oh I see, that make's sense.

Thank You!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user