Late Applicant...What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OhhDee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a very late applicant. My application mailed out mid to late February. Took the OAT March 5th. Scored well.

GPA: 3.4; scienceGPA is a bit lower..I think 3.3ish.

QR: 330
RC: 350
Bio: 370
GenChem: 310
OChem: 310
Physics: 320
Total Science: 330
Academic Average: 330

Applied to OSU, SUNY, ICO, SCO, PCO, MCPHS. Interview invites to all, but OSU so far. I start my interviews next week.

I feel with my stats, I would've been a lock to get in if I was an earlier applicant. Just wondering what past applicants feel my chances are at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow those are awesome stats! At least you got interviews. I think you have a good chance. My app waa mailed out late feb and i only interviewed at ico which I'm surprised about because my stats are extremely low. I havent gotten any responses from nova, sco or uiw at all. So you're one step ahead of me so I think that's a good thing? Good luck to you!

Wow those are awesome stats! At least you got interviews. I think you have a good chance. My app waa mailed out late feb and i only interviewed at ico which I'm surprised about because my stats are extremely low. I havent gotten any responses from nova, sco or uiw at all. So you're one step ahead of me so I think that's a good thing? Good luck to you!

Thanks and good luck to you as well! We are crazy, late appers together! lol

Heard from SCO a few days ago and they said they are down to their last two interview dates so if you don't hear from them soon, it doesn't seem that that one will work out for you. Hopefully ICO works out for you! Seems like a great school and is one of my top choices. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck with your interviews! If you haven't already, check out this link for helpful insight for your interviews with each school:

http://studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=optometry

If you've already been offered interviews it means they still have seats available. As long as you rock your interviews, you should be okay :) I'm going to SCO in the fall and really love it there! Let me know if you have any questions about the interview process or anything.

Good luck with your interviews! If you haven't already, check out this link for helpful insight for your interviews with each school:

http://studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=optometry

If you've already been offered interviews it means they still have seats available. As long as you rock your interviews, you should be okay :) I'm going to SCO in the fall and really love it there! Let me know if you have any questions about the interview process or anything.

I think I'll be attending SCO's final interview date from what their email made it sound like so I'm not getting my hopes up there too much.