Late Application Chance at DO Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitesox2005

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I just made the decision to apply to DO school. I have my MCAT done, and a DO letter of recommendation prepared but I have read that it will take 4-7 weeks for my application to get verified through AMCAS. I was wondering if you think even with this later application I will have a shot at a DO acceptance (probably verified in late October/early November). I am an Illinois resident with a 3.7 sgpa/cum gpa and a 33 mcat. My extracurriculars are solid and I went to a top liberal arts school on the East Coast.

My list is:
AZCOM
CCOM
MSUCOM
NYIT
Touro Nevada
TUCOM
UNECOM
Western University (Pomona)

My dream osteopathic school would be UNECOM or CCOM. CCOM would allow me the chance to be closer to home, and my family has strong connections to the area of Maine that UNECOM is in. Thanks for your help with all of this!

Members don't see this ad.

The DO cycle is longer than the MD cycle so you're not too late. That combined with your strong stats and DO LOR makes me predict that you will receive several interview invites, including ones from CCOM and UNECOM.

You should start pre-writing your secondaries from now, don't wait till your AACOMAS application is verified. You can find the secondary prompts on the school specific threads for the 2014-2015 cycle. This way, you can submit secondary applications within days of receiving them and start receiving interview invites from December. Best of luck!