Late Application Completion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dragon4939

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I have about 8 schools on my list that I applied to for MD/PhD, but I have still not submitted secondaries.

Would you think they are not worth submitting at this point? They are over a month old.

I have a 3.79 GPA and a 33 MCAT

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

So I have about 8 schools on my list that I applied to for MD/PhD, but I have still not submitted secondaries.

Would you think they are not worth submitting at this point? They are over a month old.

I have a 3.79 GPA and a 33 MCAT

Thank you!

I held one last year until the day before the deadline and still got an II. So it's possible. You have to decide if it's worth the expense. Good luck.

Presumably you have not yet completed applications to these programs because they are a lower priority for you. If you have a high hit rate on the places you did apply, then there is probably no reason to spend the money applying to lower priority schools. If you are not getting many interview invites, then applying to lower priority schools makes more sense. Your hit rate at those schools may not be any better, but you will have more interviews in aggregate, and a better chance of getting in somewhere.