Late application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

selldrugs22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Just curious, i will be applying super late this cycle (june 1st) for I am waiting to finish my community college courses to bump my gpa a bit more. Have a degree in economics. (Cumulative gpa-3.45 science gpa-3.05)after retaking some classes. Very strong upward trend with last 30 units of science classes at a 4.0 and last 90 units at a 3.7. Scheduled to take my mcat in may so the schools will not receive my score till late june near the deadline. What do you guys think? Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

I can't speak for all schools, but I think most will be full by June. You may consider applying now, but with a May MCAT you may not get in this cycle, sorry to say.

I can't speak for all schools, but I think most will be full by June. You may consider applying now, but with a May MCAT you may not get in this cycle, sorry to say.
Will these stats be good for next cycle if I apply in January?

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on the MCAT score, but you should get interviews. Honestly, why not apply when the cycle open in August? By January a lot of the schools are nearing full.

Depends on the MCAT score, but you should get interviews. Honestly, why not apply when the cycle open in August? By January a lot of the schools are nearing full.
I was planning on taking some science classes during spring to raise my gpa a bit more. You would advise against that and tell me to apply in august with the 3.0 science gpa?

I was planning on taking some science classes during spring to raise my gpa a bit more. You would advise against that and tell me to apply in august with the 3.0 science gpa?
I may be incorrect, but you can always apply and add classes/update as you go. Someone may be able to correct me

I may be incorrect, but you can always apply and add classes/update as you go. Someone may be able to correct me
Great thanks. Would I be safe with a 3.0 science and a 3.4 cumulative with an above average mcat score if i apply in august/september?

I would think the MCAT would be a redeeming factor. But I do think it would be enough to get you in the door (but you should expect to justify your GPA in the interview). This is just my opinion

I would think the MCAT would be a redeeming factor. But I do think it would be enough to get you in the door (but you should expect to justify your GPA in the interview). This is just my opinion
Thanks alot. Really appreciate your time. My only dilemma is if I should apply early with that gpa or wait 3 months and apply in january with a higher gpa.

Apply when the cycle opens. You may get better responses if you let us know which specific schools you are planning on attending.

So are you trying to be a DDS, DO, or DPM? Those are all very different fields. Make sure you know what you're getting into. If you've finally decided and podiatry is the path you want to partake, then apply as soon as you can in August. It'll be early enough that all 9 schools will most likely grant you an interview, given that your MCAT score isn't crappy. Best of luck.

So are you trying to be a DDS, DO, or DPM? Those are all very different fields. Make sure you know what you're getting into. If you've finally decided and podiatry is the path you want to partake, then apply as soon as you can in August. It'll be early enough that all 9 schools will most likely grant you an interview, given that your MCAT score isn't crappy. Best of luck.
Cool thanks. Yeah as im shadowing and volunteering at different offices im trying to find myself and my desires. Just gauging my chances in each field. Thanks a bunch tho!