"Late" Batch Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Batch 17 (Oct 16th?)
Interviewed 2 schools (1 waitlist, 1 accepted).
Rejected by 1 school (supplement went to my spam folder so I never finished it).
Silence by ~20 other schools.
3.65 GPA (Significant upward trend, 3.85/3.9 last two years of school), 24 AA 23 TS 23PAT (All Scores Above 21).

Kinda annoyed at myself for submitting so late. I see all these acceptances with significantly lower stats at schools I applied to and all I have is silence. Now I gotta pay a boat-ton of money. Looking bleak at this point :(

Members don't see this ad.

Batch 17 (Oct 16th?)
Rejected by 1 school (supplement went to my spam folder so I never finished it).
3.65 GPA (Significant upward trend, 3.85/3.9 last two years of school), 24 AA 23 TS 23PAT (All Scores Above 21).

Kinda annoyed at myself for submitting so late. I see all these acceptances with significantly lower stats at schools I applied to and all I have is silence. Now I gotta pay a boat-ton of money. Looking bleak at this point :(

Congrats on your acceptance!
With your stats, you will probably hear from other schools.

Do you guys think it's too late to submit a supplemental to UCLA? I got it oct 28th, but have been interviewing and haven't had time to do it well.

Members don't see this ad :)

Put a deposit down and keep your fingers crossed. I feel like as the cycle continues there's a shot at some later interviews.

Do you guys think it's too late to submit a supplemental to UCLA? I got it oct 28th, but have been interviewing and haven't had time to do it well.
If you can afford it, nothing to lose by filing it out

Reactions: 1 user
I e-submitted my application Sept 6. Haven't heard from most schools, everything says 'under review".. no interviews and was rejected from NOVA and UNLV.
GPA: 3.5 DAT: 19AA, 1000+ volunteering and 400+ shadowing/volunteering as a dental assistant at free clinic. I also hold various leadership positions....

What do you guys think I should do at this point? Do you recommend sending letters of interest? retaking my DAT before the Feb 1 deadline? Any advice helps....

I e-submitted my application Sept 6. Haven't heard from most schools, everything says 'under review".. no interviews and was rejected from NOVA and UNLV.
GPA: 3.5 DAT: 19AA, 1000+ volunteering and 400+ shadowing/volunteering as a dental assistant at free clinic. I also hold various leadership positions....

What do you guys think I should do at this point? Do you recommend sending letters of interest? retaking my DAT before the Feb 1 deadline? Any advice helps....

I'm kind of in your position. I submitted Sept 9 and have only heard back from Buffalo (waitlist). I'm a pretty calm individual but the wait is really starting to kill me.
GPA: 3.4 DAT 21AA. Although I don't think my stats distinguish me from other applicants, I was very confident in my experiences. Like you, I had a ton of hours as a volunteer/paid dental assistant, research with publications, and two years as a lab/teaching assistant, with great recommendations from all sources. But I don't know anymore... faith is starting to waver :shrug:

Hey everyone. I'm 13th batch and starting to plan for the possibility that I may have to apply again next cycle. The stress! The uncertainty! :dead: lol

You owe it to yourself to be patient until at least feb 1rst. Keep on being patient!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone. I'm 13th batch and starting to plan for the possibility that I may have to apply again next cycle. The stress! The uncertainty! :dead: lol
Didn't you get an interview at UMD? I'm 15 batch and curious about MD... Never heard back after supplementary...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't you get an interview at UMD? I'm 15 batch and curious about MD... Never heard back after supplementary...

I'm in the same situation and it's literally driving me insane..I just want to know something!! I'm thinking about sending them an email

Yup, I did. I'm really excited about it! It's only my second interview so far. I got an email about it early November.
Besides UMD and UF, my other schools have been silent.

Good luck at MD interview dude! It's a great school! Keep in mind silent schools are still making decisions so you never know... We are barely through half of the cycle -- and people start talking about next cycle.... It doesn't matter if one gets accepted Dec. 1st or Late February--- it's all the same... Just kick a$$ on the interview ;)

Reactions: 2 users
I'm in the same situation and it's literally driving me insane..I just want to know something!! I'm thinking about sending them an email
I would not suggest emailing them because I tried calling and didn't get any answers... So my guess they sending their interviews/acceptances in rounds, but luckily the cycle isn't over yet... Don't lose hope friend

Batch 17 (Oct 16th?)

Quick question when did you apply to USC?why were you saying it was late thanks

Quick question when did you apply to USC?why were you saying it was late thanks

Mail Out Date: 10/16/2015 - In all my interviews, I was one of the latest, if not the latest, applicant in the batch. USC was pretty quick about application processing as I got an interview invite like 2 weeks after my submission.

Just to give others hope, I've been getting a bunch of interview invites (although some of the schools asked me to interview for a waitlist spot lol). Keep your heads up!