Late MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoadude

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well sounds like you are already doing it... so there's no going back now lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking the MCAT on July 12th as well (first time though), and since you're already verified, I wouldn't worry about it at all. How did you do your first time taking it if you don't mind me asking? It's a good sign you're getting secondaries though! Good Luck!

Just because you're receiving secondaries doesn't mean your score is competitive. I would go ahead and submit those secondaries as soon as possible. From what I've heard around here, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but waiting more than 2 weeks to submit a secondary can be a no-no. Regardless, I'd think they'd put your app in a "wait and see" pile until your next score comes in.

What was your first score? Perhaps you should've only submitted one school, waited until you got your score, then added more. But what's done is done...

Only applied to schools that my score was competitive for.

You mind sharing your score? This is important in deciding whether or not you should even retake...

Reactions: 1 user
Just because you're receiving secondaries doesn't mean your score is competitive. I would go ahead and submit those secondaries as soon as possible. From what I've heard around here, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but waiting more than 2 weeks to submit a secondary can be a no-no. Regardless, I'd think they'd put your app in a "wait and see" pile until your next score comes in.

What was your first score? Perhaps you should've only submitted one school, waited until you got your score, then added more. But what's done is done...
Ehh I didn't find that to be the case, I had two that came as soon as primaries were verified that ended up getting submitted probably near 2 months later and I received ii's for both. Now I don't recommend it if you are able to do it faster, I had some exterior factors that didn't allow me to get them done quickly.

I don't think having everything in mid-August is late. I was worried, too, considering my first attempt will be on July 12th. But I had an intense spring semester and work full time this summer so there is no way I wanted to spend money to take it earlier and bomb it (still probably will, but :xf:).

Several people told me that applications aren't "late" until they creep into fall/semester.

I got 6 II with a late July mcat and early sept primary verified. I'd say its only semi late since you'll be interviewing november - february instead of sept - october.