Latest Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrandonMccartney05

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the last MCAT I can take, and still apply this cycle and be a competitive applicant? I have a 3.95 GPA, and 80 shadowing hours for reference.

Members don't see this ad.

Do not take the MCAT until you feel you are 100% ready...even if that means delaying your application until next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
well personally my application was late 4 years ago when I applied. I applied to 6 texas schools only, but ended up getting interviews from all 6. I think your application should be complete by July. Everything needs to be in by that time. I finished my application Mid August (TMDSAS - it's been a while...but I think the TMDSAS cycle starts a month before AMCAS? If yes, I think one could swing by a mid August application for AMCAS).

Considering that there are 3 months between now and August, there really is no reason why someone can't be fully prepared for the MCAT in that time.

If those are your only ECs, do not apply at all, you might as well burn your money.
Take the year off, study for your MCAT, get more shadowing hrs, clinical experience and apply then.
Even if you study for the next 3 months, will you have time to write your personal statement, pre-secondaries, gather LORs?