Latest I can retake the MCAT to be considered in '17 cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashu006

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, so I'm a bit new to SDN, but regardless, please bare with me. Ive just finished my school year, gotten an MCAT of 508, a gpa of 3.75, and science gpa of 3.65. I am going to have my primaries and everything ready to go in another 10 days, but that being the case, I wanted to do another iteration of the MCAT before the application cycle ends this summer (I think it will automatically update on AMCAS later even if I submit my AMCAS app on June 7). That being the case, when is the latest y'all think I should do the MCAT? July 23, 2016?

Thx in advance. Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A 510 is an excellent score and more than good enough (508 is the old 30) - no sense in wasting more time, money and risking doing worse than the first time. Get on it and get applying.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest, I probably can't. Then again though, I'm going to keep taking practice guests and gauge whether or not my scores are increasing to a point where a retake may be in the cards (if my retake scores are high and consistent enough). Also, I'm going to be applying with the score I already have on my primary, but if I keep my "will retake test" status on the primary will they not verify/verify my primary late?

How are your ECs? With a 508 and your GPA, you have about a 60% chance of getting in this cycle.

Theyre very much standard. Also with a couple hundred of hours of resarch and volunteering (hospice, etc), Im more or less the epitome of the 'average med school applicant'. Tge only thing Im lacking, per se, is leadership experience.

Oh I know, I saved up just for this. Im gonna try my hand at 30-40 schools for applications.

Reactions: 1 user