Law question about annual inventories in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OleMissRx

SWCDB
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read Brinkley and Cacciatore's book and the supplement and I'm confused on this issue.

The annual inventory only consists of controlled substances, products containing nalbuphine, and tramadol?

Is that correct? I don't see anything about the annual inventory containing all stock on hand. Is it really limited to just the controls, nalbuphine, and tramadol?

If so, is a full inventory of all stock ever required by law?

Thanks,
OM

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody except for accountants care how many cephalexin capsules you have, and as such, they will probably make you get an inventory count annually.

You are correct, annual inventory is only for controls, nalbuphine, and tramadol in Texas.

I see you're in Kentucky. Do you know Texas pharmacy law?

I do know Texas law. I guess I'll update that location thing at some point. lol

I've worked in a pharmacy in Texas since 1996 and they have all completed a general inventory annually as well. It will be conducted for budget. The TSBP doesn't want to know what you have outside of what they require, which, as you have listed and another poster has confirmed, is correct. My earlier sarcasm was meant to imply you were correct.