lawyers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonnylingo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been seeing more lawyers at their request lately to comment on MVA cases, work comp cases, etc.

I find the experience is sometimes more trouble than it's worth as far as billing, chart review, anxiety, my words being twisted (I've found they are good with twisting my words to fit their agenda), but what do you all think?

Are we as physicians obligated to speak to them? I'm tempted to say, "It's in the note".

I'm pretty new at this. So any commentary is appreciated. Is this just part of the job, or can you limit how much interaction you have with them?

Members don't see this ad.

They get paid for their time and you should expect likewise. Just tell them that up front as they often will not offer payment upfront. They LOVE chiros because they will lie, cheat and steal to make a case and do it without cost to the attorney. They are below catfish in the food chain.

Members don't see this ad :)
They get paid for their time and you should expect likewise. Just tell them that up front as they often will not offer payment upfront. They LOVE chiros because they will lie, cheat and steal to make a case and do it without cost to the attorney. They are below catfish in the food chain.

Now that is just being defamatory to the good catfish out there.

I apologize to all of the creatures that feed off of the waste of others. It was unfair of me to compare a creature merely trying to survive to one that would kill it's own young for it's own benefit. I have given myself 3 minutes in the time-out chair.

Reactions: 1 users
I tell them they can have 15 min for free. Over 15 min, they get charged $695/hr. I charge $750 for rehab conferences. If it is a one page form, I charge $50 cash to the patient. 1-3 pages is $75. >3 pages, I bill at my hourly rate.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get the money up front.

I tell them they can have 15 min for free. Over 15 min, they get charged $695/hr. I charge $750 for rehab conferences. If it is a one page form, I charge $50 cash to the patient. 1-3 pages is $75. >3 pages, I bill at my hourly rate.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get the money up front.
Yes we all know how all attorneys are scumbags and will stiff you if they get the chance:poke:

Reactions: 1 user
I get them to write their questions in a letter and charge for time to respond to their questions in writing. i do not verbally communicate unless they pay for an attorney phone conference which has it's own fee schedule.