Leadership experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreyF0X

FoxHound
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been out of undergrad for almost 2 years now but have been doing a post-bac, slowed down on that and am only going to be taking one class at a CC this summer.

I haven't really been a part of any clubs while in undergrad, most people use officer positions as their leadership experience. Any suggestions on how i can add "leadership experience" to my resume?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Currently I'm doing research in a lab and volunteering at a clinic. Sometimes i am put in charge to overlook things but rarely.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd see about starting a new activity then where you would be taking a leadership role. Examples might be teaching (Sunday school, tutoring), mentoring (BBBS, camps), or being chairperson for an event your organization is sponsoring. Also, do you ever help mentor new members of your lab or clinic? That counts as leadership too, even if it doesn't come with an official title.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd see about starting a new activity then where you would be taking a leadership role. Examples might be teaching (Sunday school, tutoring), mentoring (BBBS, camps), or being chairperson for an event your organization is sponsoring. Also, do you ever help mentor new members of your lab or clinic? That counts as leadership too, even if it doesn't come with an official title.

Thank you for the suggestions, i appreciate it. Yes, i do mentor new members in the lab and the clinic. I thought that the leadership roles would have to be more official, like holding officer position and such, did not know mentoring would count.

Thank you for the suggestions, i appreciate it. Yes, i do mentor new members in the lab and the clinic. I thought that the leadership roles would have to be more official, like holding officer position and such, did not know mentoring would count.
Of course it counts. If you're the one showing someone else how to do something, are you not leading them?

Of course it counts. If you're the one showing someone else how to do something, are you not leading them?

Yes, that makes sense. I thought med schools were looking for something more official. I do mentor some new people but it would only be for couple of days or so. I will be applying next application cycle, i want to use this remaining time to build up on my ec's if needed.