Least competitive route for cosmetic procedures?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewRuss84

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edit

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The likelihood of you switching into any program is unlikely. In particular, ophtho is one of the most competitive, up there with derm and plastics (and ENT for that matter). Not to mention, finding a vacant pgy2 spot is unlikely should you fail to match into an advanced spot.

Basically, if you are looking for advice on going into cosmetics, you should look elsewhere. Those who do cosmetics on this forum are likely plastics-trained. Searching for the least competitive route to do the same thing as someone who is far more qualified and far more trained (read: completed a surgical residency) is not likely to yield results here. If you want advice on switching to other specialties, I would recommend trying there, as it doesn't sound like you're interested in trying to match into plastics.

I hope you do the safest and most responsible thing for your future patients. I also wish you the best, and I hope you find what you're lookin for.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.