Leave Biochem grade P/F or uncover?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ManlyMan246

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I've already been accepted to medical school and I have a question about my last semester biochemistry class grade. I decided to take the class P/F and passed the class (I finished with a B). Should I be concerned about leaving a Pass on my final semester of undergrad transcript in biochemistry if I have already been accepted? Specifically, I am asking about BCM and UTSW and if having a P as opposed to a B will have any negative bearing on my status at all.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Unless it's a required pre-req for the school where you've been accepted, taking a course P/F doesn't matter (biochem isn't required for either UTSW or BCM, so it's not an issue).

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting one B is not a big deal for someone who is applying, it is of even much less concern post acceptance, don't worry about it.

Getting one B is not a big deal for someone who is applying, it is of even much less concern post acceptance, don't worry about it.

Very general of you. It is a big deal if OP already has a borderline GPA. Also depending on what year standing he is, how many credits the course is, and how many credits have been completed so far, it could be more than a non-issue. OP keep the P unless you feel you absolutely raped the course, in which case I don't think you'd elect to P/F to begin with.

Doesn't a P grade look like a C to adcoms?
OP take the B; it wont hurt you post acceptance

What you do won't matter at all either way. If you're honestly completely terrified about it, call an admissions committee member and ask which way is better... so THEY can tell you it won't make a difference either way.