Leave of absence from work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JakeSill

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Tech who works once a week. I have a seasonal job (September to December). I don't want to hold two jobs in the fall. So do I tell the pharmacist manager that I'm taking a leave of absence, give them the option of working once a month(i did this before when my hours were cut), or quit and reapply?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a Tech who works once a week. I have a seasonal job (September to December). I don't want to hold two jobs in the fall. So do I tell the pharmacist manager that I'm taking a leave of absence, give them the option of working once a month(i did this before when my hours were cut), or quit and reapply?
I think this is a question for your pharmacy manager.

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't think leave of absence is possible especially for the reason you described.. I had gone through this and my RXM said he/she has never heard of such thing..

Just be honest with your manager. This "leave" is not FMLA protected, so your position is not protected. Working only 1 shift a week sounds more like a hobby or interest than a job.

So you want to work 35 days per year? Probably not even worth their time but I guess you could ask. Doubt they would give you a leave of absence but they might let you come in just once a month.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think leave of absence is possible especially for the reason you described.. I had gone through this and my RXM said he/she has never heard of such thing..
study abroad leave of absence then?

study abroad leave of absence then?
No study abroad either.. They only consider maternity leave and that to being with company for 1 year.. Not sure how many weeks of maternity leave you can get.. And working once a week is kinda hard but depends on your RXM.. Just like how others said some companies don't even hire who wants to work little..

No study abroad either.. They only consider maternity leave and that to being with company for 1 year.. Not sure how many weeks of maternity leave you can get.. And working once a week is kinda hard but depends on your RXM.. Just like how others said some companies don't even hire who wants to work little..
I will be with the company for 2 years in august. Looking to work once a month lol