LECOM alternate list

- We will hear from them sometime after Jan 2. They are waiting to see who accepts an alter spot and see how many deposits will be put down
- The alternate is not ranked (at least not right now?)
- 2 weeks to put down a deposit in January
- They don't know how many people are on the wait-list... waiting until the 2 week deadline.
- They don't know how many turned down the offer so far... waiting until the 30 day deadline

:)

I agree! I still have a blank status. QL17 - did you still have a blank status before you got the acceptance or did your portal status change?

I called today and they said that I'm on the alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
So the blank status conspiracy is half true. Since they said the alternate is not ranked (at least not right now?)... it can only mean the the blank status means exactly that... they haven't made a decision yet.. but will make a decision (you can be accepted or alternate) :)

Thanks everyone for posting all the little bits of info. It's helping me to keep my hopes up for an acceptance from LECOM.

:D

There's a great chance for everyone. Like NguyenDDS always says, sometime around mid-January will be our Dec. 1 :p

Received my alternate letter today. I interviewed last Wednesday, Dec. 7th and the letter is dated Dec. 8th. During the interview Stephanie did tell us that there were a good number of turned down acceptances already and that they would be sending out some acceptances during December to account for those who turned down the offer already. And also that Jan 2nd would be when the second round of acceptances would take place for the most part.

On a side note, Dr. Curd pulled me aside after the interview to tell me how well I did during my interview and how he liked the buzz I had about me. So hopefully they do base this a lot on the interviews haha.

Same thing here with Dr. Curd and alternate listed as well. I would say they rank us pre interview and then add our interview score into that. If I had a great interview, I might just be an average candidate overall because of my low gpa. I'm sure that's how must schools operate. Lets just hope the interview plays a larger role for determining the alternate position instead of stats!

PS - It's good to hear a good number had already declined the offer on the 7th! Hurry up and wait for Jan. 2nd I guess.

Thanks for the info! :) do you mean after Jan 2 for second round? Since Jan 2 is when deposit is due and Stephanie said we will hear from them mid-jan

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info! :) do you mean after Jan 2 for second round? Since Jan 2 is when deposit is due and Stephanie said we will hear from them mid-jan

My interview wasn't the best so I hope they consider everything

please I bet your interview was good

Last edited:
Received my alternate letter today. I interviewed last Wednesday, Dec. 7th and the letter is dated Dec. 8th. During the interview Stephanie did tell us that there were a good number of turned down acceptances already and that they would be sending out some acceptances during December to account for those who turned down the offer already. And also that Jan 2nd would be when the second round of acceptances would take place for the most part.

On a side note, Dr. Curd pulled me aside after the interview to tell me how well I did during my interview and how he liked the buzz I had about me. So hopefully they do base this a lot on the interviews haha.

Thanks for the info Bateman! :) I'm very surprised that you and those who had great interviews (via Dr. Curd) were waitlisted. I smell an acceptance for you all soon.

What does everyone think will happen come Friday after the deadline to accept the alternate position passes?

Possibly more offers sent out? :xf: Consequently resulting in more turned down offers? Resulting in a bigger movement of the wait-list :xf: :D

LOL. I hope that banana is us soon!
It's already mid-dec! Alter deadline in 4 days. Deposit deadline in less than 3 weeks. So much to look forward to.

withdrew my app. good luck to you guys.. And relax , you guys are gonna have heart attacks. Its only been 2 weeks since initial offers went out.

Quick question.. For those of you who have written a LOI, did you email it or snail mail it? And to Stephanie or the Dean? Thanks for the help!

withdrew my app. good luck to you guys.. And relax , you guys are gonna have heart attacks. Its only been 2 weeks since initial offers went out.

Thanks man ... but I think talking about this has calmed me down and helped me from having a heart attack lol:D

Thanks averagejoedds! :) Congrats on your other acceptances!

It feels like Dec. 1 was months ago lol But yea, I agree with Dienkies.. venting feels good :D

Quick question.. For those of you who have written a LOI, did you email it or snail mail it? And to Stephanie or the Dean? Thanks for the help!

email ...Stephanie... thats what I did

Can you guys please tell me what stephanie's email is? I can't find it anywhere...thanks :)

I used the dentfla one. She said she received my letter when I called about my status.

Do we know if LECOM is finished interviewing for this cycle?

I don't think so. I believe they will interview until Feb. like most other schools and possibly further...I believe they will "offer" interviews but a majority will most likely decline at this point. I'm sure that they had several cancellations for this month and next already. I would assume more will decline their already scheduled interviews when they hear back from the second wave of acceptances in early Jan. When that second wave of declined offers of acceptance and interview come in, they will most likely review the alternate files. There is simply no way they reviewed everyone's file on the alternate list, so I would expect them to draw heavily from that list when they actually visit it and read our files. They probably stopped reading and ranked after they selected the top 150 and placed everyone else in a continue review pile for later. Come Jan. I bet they will still have to fill 65-70 spots.

Agreed. Except, for some reason I believe they will interview until April :)

I don't think so. I believe they will interview until Feb. like most other schools and possibly further...I believe they will "offer" interviews but a majority will most likely decline at this point. I'm sure that they had several cancellations for this month and next already. I would assume more will decline their already scheduled interviews when they hear back from the second wave of acceptances in early Jan. When that second wave of declined offers of acceptance and interview come in, they will most likely review the alternate files. There is simply no way they reviewed everyone's file on the alternate list, so I would expect them to draw heavily from that list when they actually visit it and read our files. They probably stopped reading and ranked after they selected the top 150 and placed everyone else in a continue review pile for later. Come Jan. I bet they will still have to fill 65-70 spots.

I recently declined my december interview. I think you're right, a lot more people are probably doing that as well. Good luck to you. I'm sure if you're patient and really want to go there, good things will happen throughout the spring.

all i know is, the adcoms have had my file since sept and they haven't made a decision yet regarding an interview.

more interview cancellations and declined acceptances=muy bueno in my book :)

Thanks, I can't say that I'm surprised with my situation but I still believe I had a solid chance come late Jan. I was never expecting a pre-dec interview and lecom came through. Now I hope they are clutch and pick me lol.

Thanks, I can't say that I'm surprised with my situation but I still believe I had a solid chance come late Jan. I was never expecting a pre-dec interview and lecom came through. Now I hope they are clutch and pick me lol.

ditto and i hope we both get in and we are in some of the 8 man groups together

This has nothing to do with dentistry but it's a great laugh. They just need to accept all of us!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz8yJogJEEM&feature=youtu.be&hd=1[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
So has anyone from Dec 15th received notification yet?

I would love to go to lecom, but I feel I only did 'OK' in the interview.

Also, I got the "You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." email. Does that essentially mean that I am wait listed?

Edit: Ok, got the letter. I am wait listed, and apparently not "priority" wait listed. This is depressing. I really hope their wait list moves.

Last edited:
Hey,

Do you mean the interview from Dec 14th? I still have not heard anything from them. No e-mail or mail. My status on the portal is still blank and it has been blank from before the interview. I called stephanie yday and she said that the admissions are currently on hold until their next deadline. Do you guys remember what she said about the blank status at the interview? I know she said something but I was going through the post interview nerves haha.

Last edited:
Hey,

Do you mean the interview from Dec 14th? I still have not heard anything from them. No e-mail or mail. My status on the portal is still blank and it has been blank from before the interview. I called stephanie yday and she said that the admissions are currently on hold until their next deadline. Do you guys remember what she said about the blank status at the interview? I know she said something but I was going through the post interview nerves haha.

Sorry, I dont remember either. The going theory on this thread is that a blank status is a good thing though.

Good luck to both of us. :luck:

all of us had a blank status after the interview. Only after Dec. 1st did they change so the blank status doesn't apply to you Dec. 14thers. My bet is that they wont make a decision on that group until after the holidays.

Any news guys? Did anyone find out how many turn down the offer? When will we hear from them again or second round acceptance is ? Tks.

I wonder when they will start ranking the list since the deadline was last Friday? This week or after the holiday? But we can probably count on them sending out a letter early-mid Jan. with the ranked list.

I didn't recall them saying they would definitely advise us of our ranking--just that we would be ranked. But it would be nice to know.

Didn't someone say they are putting admission on hold until after the holiday? If that's the case, I'm assuming they will have the meeting after the holidays.

I just remember them saying top, middle or bottom third and will be in a letter. But who knows with they way things have been going. Where did you hear they were on hold until after the holidays?