LECOM alternate list

Hey buddy, I read it from Post #193:

Hey,

Do you mean the interview from Dec 14th? I still have not heard anything from them. No e-mail or mail. My status on the portal is still blank and it has been blank from before the interview. I called stephanie yday and she said that the admissions are currently on hold until their next deadline. Do you guys remember what she said about the blank status at the interview? I know she said something but I was going through the post interview nerves haha.

The next deadline is Jan 2, right? So... the question is: does this only regard post-dec interviewees or does this also include alternates?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably the rest of the priority list then the top 50 or so from the alternate maybe?

I talked to stephanie today and she told me nothing was ranked yet .. also she seemed like they were overwellemed. So, who knows if we will get any new information in janurary ... we might have to wait untill feb.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol what do you mean overwhelmed? Not what I wanted to hear but I guess I'll wait lol.

frantic .. i bet alot of people have been calling to ask to see a ranked waitlist... look at the bright side if we wait longer maybe others on the waitlist will get in at other schools.. and the list will be shorter

did she give any insight to the number of declined acceptances by chance?

nope and you know a number of people are going to hold on untill jan 2

nope and i dont think that they will pay the 2000.. i just think they will hold onto the acceptance until the 30 days are up. People like having a plan B just incase somthing happens with there other school

Gotcha. My roommate was just wait listed at Madison this week so we can to wait in pain together. Did they just recently get more applications or what? They seemed to be together when I was there late October. Curious...

Agreed. They seemed to be ahead a few months back. It could be that there are more things to do now so they are falling behind (keep track of new apps, accepted offers, accepted alternates, deposits, declined offers, finding new people to interview to make up for the declined offers, etc...)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get a "waitlist" or "hold" letter from LECOM? Or did everyone the alternate letter?

I'm sure the dental school is doing things different but those on the bradenton pharm threads said there was a difference between wait, alternate and hold.

I think I read something like that on the pharm forum as well... if I remember correctly... wait-list is a higher priority than alternate in terms of chances but I'm not sure about hold? I remember reading somewhere that wait-list means that you are basically accepted but there are no more spots open and alternate is just backup? I'm not sure if this is correct? :confused:

Btw, Happy Holidays everyone! :)

I think it was the other way around alternate>waitlist>hold. But the med threads never mention the difference between waitlist v. alternate so I'm going to assume dental they are the same thing. Hold, however, means you'r on hold for spring grades, letters...etc.

I got "alternate", but I just assumed that it's the same thing as waitlist

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know when they are going send out second round acceptances? Will it be on Jan 2nd? Or Jan 3rd? Because isn't Jan 2nd technically a holiday since its the monday after the new year? I know some businesses are closed on Jan 2nd....so just wondering if anyone knows!

It may be on the 3rd. I am wondering if they have gone through the priority list yet? Didn't they say we would know more in mid-Jan?

Did they?? Has anyone spoken to Stephanie or anyone at LECOM about that for sure? Ah....i was hoping for really early Jan lol.

Nah I just thought I remember someone saying she said we would know more mid-Jan., I took that as they would be sending out a ranked list but who knows. Other schools give their second round acceptances around this time too so there will be a lot of movement this coming month.

Yea, I called Stephanie before winter break and she told me my status (alternate list) will be hearing back mid-January. It's 99% likely that the next round won't be out until mid-January or after. I believe Jan 2-3 is too early to hear from them because schools are still on winter break until after New Years :)

So does that mean this whole "alternate list" and "wait list" status is true?

Last edited:
got accepted this morning around 10:00 am...i was one of the people with Dec interview and blank status

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe new year and that we all hear good news from Lecom in January.
Special shout out to all the alternate people since we are in the same boat.

just wanted to let you guys know that i got accepted via phone call this morning! i also had a blank status and a pre-dec interview. good luck to all of you, i hope you all get in!! then we can be classmates :)

just wanted to let you guys know that i got accepted via phone call this morning! i also had a blank status and a pre-dec interview. good luck to all of you, i hope you all get in!! then we can be classmates :)

Congrats!! :D It must feel wonderful!!

Just wanted to let all of you know I gave up my seat at LECOM today.

Good luck everyone!! :thumbup:

Just wanted to let all of you know I gave up my seat at LECOM today.

Good luck everyone!! :thumbup:

thanks man

grats I wonder when they are going to get to the normal alternate list lol

Last edited:
I got the call yesterday morning! I interviewed oct 26 and was blank on aadsas (still doesn't show up) and on the portal. Gluck to everyone!

For the benefit of statistics, I also got the call this morning. I had an interview on Dec 7th + blank status. Btw does anyone know if they will send out the official acceptance letter? and when? Good luck everyone!

Congrats everyone who is getting in! Knightsgirl, I interviewed on the 7th also, so its nice to hear people with Post-Dec interviews are getting in. Hopefully I can hear some good news soon.

After u got accepted,did your status on lecom's portal change to "the ad com has made... 30 days"? Or it remains blank? Tks. Mine was blank thru Dec but changed to that statement.plz elaborate on your answer. Tks again.

Congarts to people who got accepted! My question is: this waiting thing is painful enough, so why they are making it worse? They can easily say, we have an alternate list of 100 applicants, so far we accepted 25 top applicants and as of now you are number 99 but you might move higher or lower if anything changes in your profile. Just a thought!

After u got accepted,did your status on lecom's portal change to "the ad com has made... 30 days"? Or it remains blank? Tks. Mine was blank thru Dec but changed to that statement.plz elaborate on your answer. Tks again.

Yes, my status changed after I was accepted. It now says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."