LECOM alternate list

Blank status after interview. Now it's confirmed alternate list.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything back from LECOM recently? I accepted my alternate spot about 2 weeks ago, and Stephanie said that I still have a good position but have not heard back since... Starting to get super anxious again. =/
So if youre in a good position, is there possibly a rank? Because they way I see it, aside from being accepted, we're all on the alternate list, and I have yet to determine if being waitlisted in December or now plays a big role in being in a "good position".

So if youre in a good position, is there possibly a rank? Because they way I see it, aside from being accepted, we're all on the alternate list, and I have yet to determine if being waitlisted in December or now plays a big role in being in a "good position".

during my interview, i was told that they don't believe in ranking the waitlist.

so, in other words, if you didn't receive a blank status after your interview, you're most prob in the same position as someone who was alternate listed, say at the end of march. after interviews are done, then stats are probably going to come into play.

i just hope i find out in a timely manner so i can focus on doing well in school and focus on preparing for the DAT. it definitely doesn't help to have this in the back of my mind

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Must remain positive fellas! keep the A's rolling in school, give updates, wishful thinking!!

I'm trying to stay positive about it too but have a definite backup plan. :xf: Pleeease :xf:

I don't know how much substance it holds... That's why I was asking if anyone else heard anything. I had a blank status for awhile after my interview but now on the alternate list. I don't think they rank the list, per say, but I feel like they notice certain people more than others..?

Also, people with 2 or more out standing acceptances must pick one at the beginning of April, so hopefully more spots will open up...

LECOM is interviewing through April guys, the alternate list is a hoax.

preDent, I would not tell you a lie my friend. Even though I informed everyone of May, I didn't think they would continue interviewing into April. Sorry to be a negative Nancy, but I don't think they have any intention to grab anyone off the wait list, I could see them interviewing throughout may.

if they want to interview until may, that's fine...but they should at least start trimming the waitlist down. i'd rather be rejected sooner rather than later so i can focus on other things

and i'm sure a lot of people expressed interest after the interview, so idk what the deal is. what is a letter of intent really going to do at this point anyway?

Last edited:
if they want to interview until may, that's fine...but they should at least start trimming the waitlist down. i'd rather be rejected sooner rather than later so i can focus on other things

and i'm sure a lot of people expressed interest after the interview, so idk what the deal is. what is a letter of intent really going to do at this point anyway?
They are still taking people off the waitlist. I heard someone was pulled off the waitlist and got in on Monday, and I just got in today. They look strongly on the letter of intent and updates to your application!

I know it's hard guys, but don't give up hope! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just declined my spot, good luck guys! im sure more spots will be opening soon because people who have put down deposits somewhere else will have to make a decision soon

All these institutions are so busy, I assume that all they do Is take the letter and put it in your file, along with anything else you hand them. So in essence, letter of intent means virtually nothing. Ill tell you what though, they have already been giving select individuals their status. I've already heard 2-3 people say that their applications were "favorable" initially" before being wait listed, and so those individuals will most likely be the ones that are going to be pulled off the wait list. I think they think they are being nice, by telling people that the wait list isn't ranked, but I doubt this is true. All of us were given some sort of score at the end of the day following our interviews, and that will be the rank.
I wrote 2 letters of intent and was on the waitlist and no one told me I was favorable. I just kept in contact with Stephanie and Mr. Shrively, and it paid off. I'm just saying, you need to show them how interested you are in them!

Congratulations sanguyen!! This must be the happiest day of your life, I know it would be mine. I'm sure you earned it. I would love to go to LECOM!!! Im sorry for my doubts!

Thank you! Just try to stay optimistic.. =/ I know it's hard. Good Luck!

Congratulations again! I'm jealous, all I do is think about getting such an amazing opportunity. It's time for you to go out and celebrate a little bit. FYI: You had a blank status for a month after your interview, Indicating that your position was highly favorable. This is how they are doing things so everyone understands.

Congratulations again! I'm jealous, all I do is think about getting such an amazing opportunity. It's time for you to go out and celebrate a little bit. FYI: You had a blank status for a month after your interview, Indicating that your position was highly favorable. This is how they are doing things so everyone understands.

same here.

They are still taking people off the waitlist. I heard someone was pulled off the waitlist and got in on Monday, and I just got in today. They look strongly on the letter of intent and updates to your application!

I know it's hard guys, but don't give up hope! Good luck!

I am currently in waistlist of pharmacy school. May I ask what is letter of intent? Thanks

Any news lately? I didn't realize it until recently... but I'm starting to believe they don't intend on using the alternate list..

i called a week ago. i was told that everything was up in the air, since they're new to the process. mid to late may is the time frame i was given

Last edited:
I'm assuming they are interviewing all through mid-May. From what they have said, I believe they aren't going to have trouble filling up seats.

From what i heard..the alternate list is enormous....i dont think that many people will back out since the people enrolled on facebook goes over 80..and there are only 100 seats...its going to be very tuff

All we can do is hope for the best, but plan for the worse. I'm not going to rely on the alt-list though... I can only imagine how huge that list is. Most people are going to choose other schools over LECOM, but if LECOM is their only acceptance... they are going to stick with it. And since people who interview late in this game at LECOM are probably those who don't have any acceptances yet... they are not going to pull out. Movement of the alt-list is going to be hard to budge, I believe.

AADSAS new cycle opens up in 7 weeks while TMDSAS new cycle opens up in two weeks! I really hope we hear some good news soon :xf: :) According to Facebook, more than 80 people are in the class already... and not all people use FB... :scared:

AADSAS new cycle opens up in 7 weeks while TMDSAS new cycle opens up in two weeks! I really hope we hear some good news soon :xf: :) According to Facebook, more than 80 people are in the class already... and not all people use FB... :scared:

Yeah I hope so too. Good luck! I dont know whats going on with the fb group but its says there are 85 people in the class already. And they are interviewing tomorrow and maybe in May also. So it looks like the chances are pretty slim for us.

Whats up my homies!!!! Well I hear that many schools, especially the new ones have deposit deadlines to may 1st, I am sure LECOM's in this category, and thus they are interviewing until may. Also, you know everyones a salesman these days, Im sure that at least >15% of people on facebook page are from PharmD/DO students trying to find a room mate, or trying to sell there place...either way, still expecting the worst, and getting ready for next cycle!!

Whats up my homies!!!! Well I hear that many schools, especially the new ones have deposit deadlines to may 1st, I am sure LECOM's in this category, and thus they are interviewing until may. Also, you know everyones a salesman these days, Im sure that at least >15% of people on facebook page are from PharmD/DO students trying to find a room mate, or trying to sell there place...either way, still expecting the worst, and getting ready for next cycle!!

true story. also need to take into account people who may have decided on another school and didn't leave the fb group.

also, after perusing through the pharmd/do threads, it seems that lecom interviews into may and that waitlisted people tend to hear back in june. considering that they're new to the process.. i feel that they'll prob keep going until the end of may
side note:

i also talked to an adcom from temple (super cool guy) about my app for this cycle and app for next cycle, and he told me that it's still "early" for a waitlist in general..and that most d school waitlists really start churning in late may and june. When i was talking to him about this cycle, he even asked if i applied to lecom b/c it seemed like a cool new school (seriously)

Last edited:
so i called yday and was told that alternates are continuously reviewed.....

but when i called a few weeks ago, i was told the the alternate list hasn't been looked at?

:confused: