LECOM-BRADENTON alternate/wait list 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Colbare

Anesthesiology
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to start a list of alternates for this cycle. If everyone who's been waitlisted would post:

1) Interview date
2) Date waitlisted
3) Stats

maybe we can get an idea of what kind of students they're waitlisting as well as have a thread to vent our frustrations/excitement if we don't hear/do hear from them come May-July (or maybe sooner who knows?). :xf:

Here is a link to last cycle's alternates thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=710871

Basically the most important info from the last one is that AMCAS apparently matches students to MD schools on May 15th. The list supposedly moves anytime from then until July 25th. Good luck!

1) interviewed Feb. 7th
2) waitlisted Feb. 8th
3) 3.27 o, 3.20 s, PS: 9 VR: 9 BS: 11 -> 29N

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm on the wait list for LECOM-B as well. Interviewed January 10,2011. Waitlisted January 15. 3.18 cumulative GPA in Psy. 25Q. VR10 PS8 BS7. Does anyone know how many people normally move up to the matriculating list? I also heard that there is a large number of people who drop around April,May any thoughts?

Last edited:
Based on the previous year's thread, somebody said they "could" take up to 70% of the alternates but I'm not sure where that info came from. Yes the movement on the list apparently happens around April/May/June because they stop interviewing in April, May 15th is the match day for amcas, and really June/July probably have equal chance of being taken then.

Also there is supposedly an "accepted pending open seat" list. So we have to get there and once somebody drops or hopefully if there's already an opening we get right in. Around June I think they rank the alternates to the top 20 and call those who are on it to see if they're still interested. If you are I bet they move you to that "pending open seat status" then call you when there's an opening.

The lame thing is we can speculate all day about where we are on the list and what are chances might be, but we'll never really know unless they call.

Members don't see this ad :)
so they do rank us then? i don't know if i am happy to hear that or not! i saw on last years thread someone said that if you were on the waitlist this year and don't get in, that they automatically save you a seat for next year? they said they were a LECOM-b student...? i think that may be wishful thinking. have you heard from other schools colbare?

I have pretty similar stats to NREMT2DO and interviewed 1/19.

I was told they don't rank the waitlist (or perhaps not entirely - this Top 20 thing is news to me). My understanding is that they periodically return to the waitlist and re-evaluate everybody at that point.

i have kind of thought the same thing as you Gainesville. i haven't heard of the ranking thing.

I have a similar MCAT (within 1 point) to NREMT2DO too, with a Biology major GPA of more than 0.4 higher. I was complete in September and they still say that my application will be re-reviewed by the committee and a decision hasnt been made at this time.

so they do rank us then? i don't know if i am happy to hear that or not! i saw on last years thread someone said that if you were on the waitlist this year and don't get in, that they automatically save you a seat for next year? they said they were a LECOM-b student...? i think that may be wishful thinking. have you heard from other schools colbare?

I remember seeing something along those lines, but I think somebody was just asking if they did that. I didn't see a response but maybe I missed it. That'd be really awesome if they did though!

I got a "hold pending possible future interview" from AZCOM and RVU is waiting for another science professor letter from me. I'm not very interested in RVU though mostly because of the surrounding controversy and needing private student loans. I just sent a last minute application to ATSU SOMA. I noticed afterward they have "provisional accreditation" similar to RVU. I'm assuming loans might need to be private for that school as well :/

Have you interviewed anywhere else?

i have kind of thought the same thing as you Gainesville. i haven't heard of the ranking thing.

Yeah it was in last year's alternate thread I think. Somebody was told about the top 20 thing over the phone I believe. They may have misheard or they could have just told them that. I wish they'd tell us at least how many are on the list.

If anyone has contacted them regarding the waitlist please let us know what they're saying!

Yeah it was in last year's alternate thread I think. Somebody was told about the top 20 thing over the phone I believe. They may have misheard or they could have just told them that. I wish they'd tell us at least how many are on the list.

If anyone has contacted them regarding the waitlist please let us know what they're saying!

so i talked to LECOM-B today. i was told that they do not rank their alternates. they said that they move people off that list "20 people at a time." idk what that really means though. do they wait until they have 20 people to call?? i don't really think so. they also said that that once interviews are over they re-review each file on the waitlist and make a decision who to call interviews end for lecom-b sometime in may.

Thanks for the info! There must be more than 20 of us and I don't think they'd chose 20 entirely at random, but there's no rank so maybe that's possible. Maybe it's basically like waiting in line, so the first 20 who got on the list will be called first, etc.

Guess all we can do is wait and see..

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok I received a response from LECOM today and this is what I was told: they won't be reviewing us again until late May. There are usually about 100 alternates and around 40-50 are accepted from it. Its good news I'd say a nearly 50% chance isn't bad although it doesn't make it any easier to plan this coming fall haha

So nobody else will be taken off the waitlist and accepted for another three months. I wonder if they've put more people on the waitlist since the class size is expanding.. but who knows.

Well, let's hope for good news in May then!

Ok I received a response from LECOM today and this is what I was told: they won't be reviewing us again until late May. There are usually about 100 alternates and around 40-50 are accepted from it. Its good news I'd say a nearly 50% chance isn't bad although it doesn't make it any easier to plan this coming fall haha

That is interesting to hear. I was alternate listed in the Fall, and when I spoke to them then, they said that the alternate list would have around 50 people on it and then they would take around 25 people off of it in January.

I called them in late January and they said they had taken 20 people off the alternate list.

So, I guess there are now 30 old alternates from the Fall (50 who started on it minus 20 who were taken off of it in january) still on the list and around 50 new alternates (alternate listed since January I guess)?

I think plans change all the time. She said we were to be reviewed in late May as though it was just recently scheduled for a previous time.

i keep hearing the same buzz, about people dropping off the list. some just don't want to wait whereas others find out from other schools that they are accepted there and what not. it does sound like they may take up to 50% of the waitlist though. i am just speculating because of all the numbers floating around.

I interviewed in early November at LECOM-B and got Alternate Listed. I remember Ron Shively telling our group at the end to keep sending letter of updates and continued interest to show them that we want to go there. I've sent a couple of letters but I haven't gotten any response not even an acknowledgement of receiving the letter.....

Robert, did you send emails or regular letters? I've always gotten next day responses from LECOM when I sent in emails. Hope that helps!

I interviewed in early November at LECOM-B and got Alternate Listed. I remember Ron Shively telling our group at the end to keep sending letter of updates and continued interest to show them that we want to go there. I've sent a couple of letters but I haven't gotten any response not even an acknowledgement of receiving the letter.....

Yeah I heard the same thing that they want to know you're really interested. I've sent one already and was interviewed shortly after and I'm still not sure whether my letter prompted the interview or not, but the way I look at it we made an alternate list which means if we applied broadly enough next cycle we'd most likely get in somewhere. I don't want to get my hopes up and feel like this is my only shot.

I didn't receive any acknowledgement of them getting mine either, but I'm sure they get read and stuffed in your file. They'll also see it there again when you get re-reviewed so I'm sure it helps if you're borderline.

Hey Fellow Applicants,

I interviewed on Feb 25th and waitlisted Mar 4th. 30, 3.2 GPA, 3.0 sGPA. I think everyone who REALLY wants to come here, will!

Last edited:
interviewed on 28th
3.35 overall
3.05 sci gpa
32Q MCAT

sadface

I like your optimism!

Always good to keep it positive. However to stay realistic, dbdan was waitlisted twice and still did not get in although he was accepted to AZCOM which is really awesome. The thing is we'll get in somewhere whether it's here or not!

Always good to keep it positive. However to stay realistic, dbdan was waitlisted twice and still did not get in although he was accepted to AZCOM which is really awesome. The thing is we'll get in somewhere whether it's here or not!

Absolutely. I'm just hopeful. My lease ends July 1st and I'm hoping to get some good news before then so I can start apartment-hunting somewhere. Who knows -- they may take everyone but me. It could easily go that way and I realize that. But I'm going to do everything I can on my end and hope for the best.

Exactly, expect worst and hope for best. If several of us get in we should meet and possibly find a house to rent. I hear that's the way to go if you can find roommates.

Hi all,

For those of you that have send letters/emails of interest to LECOM-B, who did you send it too? I'm planning to email Ron Shively like he suggested but I can't seem to find his email address. Does anyone have this information? Also, is there someone else I should contact? TIA!

I interviewed way back in October and this is definitely my top school that I can still get into. I have already been accepted to Erie but I'd rather live in Florida and I have family down there.

My stats:

GPA: ~3.4
sGPA: ~3.3
MCAT: 27

I sent my letter of intent to Annette Shively back in December and I plan on sending another one this week. Does anyone know if they ask for final grades before they decide on the waitlist? I have been screwing around this semester since I have already gotten into LECOM-E but if they are actually going to see my grades before making a decision on my waitlist, I might have to start trying again. I probably won't sent them my grades in unless they ask for them.

Anyway, good luck to everyone.

Wanted to start a list of alternates for this cycle. If everyone who's been waitlisted would post:

1) Interview date
2) Date waitlisted
3) Stats

maybe we can get an idea of what kind of students they're waitlisting as well as have a thread to vent our frustrations/excitement if we don't hear/do hear from them come May-July (or maybe sooner who knows?). :xf:

Here is a link to last cycle's alternates thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=710871

Basically the most important info from the last one is that AMCAS apparently matches students to MD schools on May 15th. The list supposedly moves anytime from then until July 25th. Good luck!

1) interviewed Feb. 7th
2) waitlisted Feb. 8th
3) 3.27 o, 3.20 s, PS: 9 VR: 9 BS: 11 -> 29N

Such a very amazing link!

I interviewed way back in October and this is definitely my top school that I can still get into. I have already been accepted to Erie but I'd rather live in Florida and I have family down there.

My stats:

I sent my letter of intent to Annette Shively back in December and I plan on sending another one this week. Does anyone know if they ask for final grades before they decide on the waitlist? I have been screwing around this semester since I have already gotten into LECOM-E but if they are actually going to see my grades before making a decision on my waitlist, I might have to start trying again. I probably won't sent them my grades in unless they ask for them.

I would think they'd accept you off the waitlist with your grades as they are because they've evaluated you enough to not only interview you but keep you on reserve for acceptance. I'm sure you'd just need a C or better if you are taken from the list to actually matriculate unless for some reason they decide to give you a conditional acceptance. Either way, not screwing around has no downside!

Haha, Bill Nye came to my school yesterday and said "it's not what people do that they regret, it's what they don't do." :thumbup:

My stats:

I would make sure any LOI from here on out went to Ron Shively as well. I've heard through the grapevine he is the "gatekeeper" as far as admissions are concerned.

I would make sure any LOI from here on out went to Ron Shively as well. I've heard through the grapevine he is the "gatekeeper" as far as admissions are concerned.

So, when is this thing supposed to start moving?? May 15?? Late May?? June??

I interviewed 4/1, received alternate letter today. Is there a difference between waitlist and alternate?

So, when is this thing supposed to start moving?? May 15?? Late May?? June??

The last I heard we were to be reviewed again in late May. I would bet anytime from mid May to July we could hear something.

chaplineo said:
I interviewed 4/1, received alternate letter today. Is there a difference between waitlist and alternate?

Nope, we're all alternates on a waitlist. They won't say whether we're ranked or not either, but it'd be hard to believe there's absolutely no ranking system.

That's one of the reasons I made this thread. Would yall (you guys would be sexist right? haha) mind posting stats so we can get an idea of who's on the list? When people start getting calls we can then see if there's a correlation to stats or date waitlisted which could reveal something about how they conduct the list:

1) Interview date
2) Date waitlisted
3) Stats

maybe we can get an idea of what kind of students they're waitlisting as well as have a thread to vent our frustrations/excitement if we don't hear/do hear from them come May-July (or maybe sooner who knows?).

Interviewed 11/8
Alternate Listed 11/10
GPA/sGPA 3.4ish
MCAT 32R (cumulative)

I'm not really sure how to feel about the alternate list here. If I got off the list, it'd be another excruciating decision making process between LECOM-B and Nova which I'm already accepted to and had a very tough time picking over AZCOM.

Interviewed 11/8
Alternate Listed 11/10
GPA/sGPA 3.4ish
MCAT 32R (cumulative)

I'm not really sure how to feel about the alternate list here. If I got off the list, it'd be another excruciating decision making process between LECOM-B and Nova which I'm already accepted to and had a very tough time picking over AZCOM.

That would be a tough call. I'd say figure out what's more important to you as far as curriculum, location, tuition, etc. Are you already out a deposit for Nova? AZCOM I've heard is a really great school however the tuition is like the 2nd highest I've seen. 50k a year is pretty absurd to me compared to ~15k at TCOM for Tx residents.

Interviewed 11/8
Alternate Listed 11/10
GPA/sGPA 3.4ish
MCAT 32R (cumulative)

I know its a tough situation, because I'm in a similar boat, except the opposite of you. I got into LECOM-B, but just got waitlisted at NOVA ha. its a win-win I guess, either way I'm going to florida

That would be a tough call. I'd say figure out what's more important to you as far as curriculum, location, tuition, etc. Are you already out a deposit for Nova? AZCOM I've heard is a really great school however the tuition is like the 2nd highest I've seen. 50k a year is pretty absurd to me compared to ~15k at TCOM for Tx residents.

I had to make a decision last week between Nova, AZCOM, (and PCOM-GA but I never really gave the school much thought) since all the deposits were more or less due at the same time. I ended up picking Nova over AZCOM; it was a brutal call but I just felt like Nova had a stronger clinical curriculum, even though AZCOM had awesome board scores, I felt that Nova had a weekly board prep class, free Kaplan materials for 2 years and 2 months off between the end of M2 and when I'd take the boards, and I just liked the more laid back atmosphere there. Very tough call because I did like Arizona more than Florida but I figured I'm not going to be spending much time exploring Arizona and I did like Nova's campus more. Plus the ultimate kickers-- Nova is about 10K cheaper per year for me and I can get a MPH for about $1K (I've already done half the classes in getting my certificate of PH at UF).

LECOM-B would bring new set of intrigue. It's cheaper, I think I could do well under a PBL style because I just don't like lectures at all (I tend to zone out in them), and there's flexibility for me in setting up 3rd/4th year. I'd probably go visit LECOM-B again if I got off the waitlist before saying yes or no since I live in FL.

I know its a tough situation, because I'm in a similar boat, except the opposite of you. I got into LECOM-B, but just got waitlisted at NOVA ha. its a win-win I guess, either way I'm going to florida

Yeah I've seen you on the Nova threads haha asking about the waitlist...it seems like you'd definitely go to Nova if you got off the waitlist.

I've been waitlisted here so long after interviewing in November that I've stopped thinking about the school. But lately I've been intrigued again...does anyone have a match list of the school? I can't seem to find one...

Very tough call because I did like Arizona more than Florida

If you do get accepted to LECOM-B, there is a mandatory drug test here so you should probably get off of whatever you're on :D

If you do get accepted to LECOM-B, there is a mandatory drug test here so you should probably get off of whatever you're on :D

Haha, I have a pretty different view of Florida than everyone else that's probably why. I've lived in Jacksonville for 2 years. I also work in the low income community. Florida is definitely not the vacation spot everyone thinks it is.....

Haha, I have a pretty different view of Florida than everyone else that's probably why. I've lived in Jacksonville for 2 years. I also work in the low income community. Florida is definitely not the vacation spot everyone thinks it is.....

Sarasota/Bradenton is though

..for old people! haha. When I came in town to interview every restaurant or place I went seemed to have a majority of patrons being of retirement age ..but then again I really only stayed in the area around campus and im sure that's common in many areas of Florida.

Interviewed 3/7
Waitlist 3/11
GPA ugrad 3.25 grad 3.8
MCAT 30q twice, 33 composite

Ya by the school it is just the burbs. 2 words, Siesta...Key. There you will find all the eye candy you would want and the clubs/bars that will give you the opportunity bring it home. Especially during spring break season.

I think I see a trend to the wait-listee stats. Good idea by the OP to tell everyone to list their stats.

Here's my info:

Interviewed: early October
Wait-list: about 5 days after my interview
cGPA: 3.22
MCAT: 31

It seems like everyone on the wait-list has a high MCAT with an average or below average GPA, and I fit this description as well as seen above. Interesting.

I think I see a trend to the wait-listee stats. Good idea by the OP to tell everyone to list their stats.

Here's my info:

Interviewed: early October
Wait-list: about 5 days after my interview
cGPA: 3.22
MCAT: 31

It seems like everyone on the wait-list has a high MCAT with an average or below average GPA, and I fit this description as well as seen above. Interesting.

It would make sense for them to go after higher MCAT scorers because they are PBL only and the MCAT is nearly entirely problem based. I still want to think they factor more into it than that. It's also possible the only waitlisters posting are ones with higher stats. So ANYBODY who is waitlisted please post and especially post if you get taken off the list! There are supposed to be around 100 of us and it looks like we have about 11 here. T-minus one month until amcas match :luck:

Hi all,

I interviewed early March and was waitlisted a couple of weeks afterwards. My sGPA 3.12-ish and cGPA 3.2-ish, MCAT 29N

I wrote a letter of interest and am thinking of sending it sometime this week. For those of you who had sent a letter, would you mind taking a look at my letter and giving me feedback? Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA!

Hi all,

I interviewed early March and was waitlisted a couple of weeks afterwards. My sGPA 3.12-ish and cGPA 3.2-ish, MCAT 29N

I wrote a letter of interest and am thinking of sending it sometime this week. For those of you who had sent a letter, would you mind taking a look at my letter and giving me feedback? Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA!

Wow weird we have nearly identical numbers. I'm about to do another LOI as well. I don't think you can go wrong with it as long as you're just simply expressing your interest in the school without kissing ass. Just keep it simple and sweet.