LECOM-Bradenton alternate/wait list 2012-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rja06cfsu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to start a list of alternates for this cycle. If everyone who's been waitlisted would post:

1) Interview date
2) Date waitlisted
3) Stats

maybe we can get an idea of what kind of students they're waitlisting as well as have a thread to vent our frustrations/excitement if we don't hear/do hear from them come May-July (or maybe sooner who knows?).

Here is a link to last year's alternate list thread http://forums.studentdoctor.net/archive/index.php/t-798834.html

1) Interviewed on 3/19
2) Wait listed on 3/28
3) 8V, 8PS, 10BS, Overall GPA 3.1, Science GPA 3.2

Members don't see this ad.

Stats
1. Interviewed on 3/30
2. Waitlisted on 4/3 or 4/4 (committee meets on a Tuesday, but I called that Wednesday)
3. 3.6 cGPA (now it is a 3.569, since I just graduated), 3.373 sGPA now (but it wasn't much different when I applied)

did you guys both apply late in the cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
did you guys both apply late in the cycle?
No I applied early and my status was changed to "your file will be re-examined in 90 days" and then in march they called me for an interview. I knew my stats were lacking so I tried to get my application in as early as possible. How about you?

I interviewed on 9/12, was waitlisted on 9/19.

MCAT: 7 PS, 8 BS, 12 VR.
GPA: 3.86 cumulative, 3.82 science

I interviewed on 9/12, was waitlisted on 9/19.

MCAT: 7 PS, 8 BS, 12 VR.
GPA: 3.86 cumulative, 3.82 science
Wow your stats are pretty good, I'm surprised you were put on the alternate list, did you interview at any other schools?

Wow your stats are pretty good, I'm surprised you were put on the alternate list, did you interview at any other schools?

I only applied to, and interiewed at, LECOM Bradenton. Family obligations make Bradenton and USF my only viable options. Keeping my fingers crossed...

I only applied to, and interiewed at, LECOM Bradenton. Family obligations make Bradenton and USF my only viable options. Keeping my fingers crossed...

keep calling and express continued interest and reasons why you want to attend you have good stats so keep the faith

keep calling and express continued interest and reasons why you want to attend you have good stats so keep the faith

Thanks! I've been doing that, and I am hoping it pays off!

Thanks! I've been doing that, and I am hoping it pays off!

Keep trying. I was the same way. I really did not want to move my family from b-town if at all possible ( due to the wife being financially stable and supporting us) and it was widely discussed at my interview. Show them how much you are interested.
Good luck :thumbup:

Keep trying. I was the same way. I really did not want to move my family from b-town if at all possible ( due to the wife being financially stable and supporting us) and it was widely discussed at my interview. Show them how much you are interested.

Thanks! I'm not giving up!

Judging by the other LECOM-B thread there have been some recent openings so hopefully people here get called up soon! :luck:

Words of wisdom. :thumbup:

How was that tornado warning last night? I was driving to Brandon last night when the weather service issued the warning til 9pm.

Judging by the other LECOM-B thread there have been some recent openings so hopefully people here get called up soon! :luck:

Words of wisdom. :thumbup:

How was that tornado warning last night? I was driving to Brandon last night when the weather service issued the warning til 9pm.

I guess one actually touched down a little closer to the interstate. All we got was wind and rain.

i found out i'm on the alternate list as well =/ when do you think we'll find out? are there even any seats left? this sucks!

i found out i'm on the alternate list as well =/ when do you think we'll find out? are there even any seats left? this sucks!

Have you had any update/status change since this post?

I just got off the phone with Ron, he was kind enough to call me to update me on their wait list situation in response to my hundreds of email questions. There has been no movement in the list this entire week; he said last year, they were getting one withdrawal a day, but this year, they're barely seeing any in a week's period... /sadface

So that's the situation, for anyone still waiting to hear back with good news. Let's stay positive!

I just got off the phone with Ron, he was kind enough to call me to update me on their wait list situation in response to my hundreds of email questions. There has been no movement in the list this entire week; he said last year, they were getting one withdrawal a day, but this year, they're barely seeing any in a week's period... /sadface

So that's the situation, for anyone still waiting to hear back with good news. Let's stay positive!
I appreciate the update. My hopes are dwindling, looks like I'm going to have to go with plan B, the MSMS at USF :(

I appreciate the update. My hopes are dwindling, looks like I'm going to have to go with plan B, the MSMS at USF :(

:cry::cry:

I know it sucks, but at least you have a plan B! Keep in touch with Annette so that your name stays on their radar. Honestly, Ron just told me that there really isn't anything else I can do at this point but wait until I am notified that I may be called off the list next, at which point they will email you a matriculation packet, and then *more waiting* until they actually accept you! :eyebrow:

:cry::cry:

I know it sucks, but at least you have a plan B! Keep in touch with Annette so that your name stays on their radar. Honestly, Ron just told me that there really isn't anything else I can do at this point but wait until I am notified that I may be called off the list next, at which point they will email you a matriculation packet, and then *more waiting* until they actually accept you! :eyebrow:
Just saw in the other thread that you got accepted yesterday, congrats! Stats?

Just accepted of the waitlist :) :) :) I know people say this but its true, keep in touch with Ron and Annette, I really think that helped a lot. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

Congrats to those just accepted! :) I have also been on the waitlist for a few months now and I got an email a few weeks ago asking if I was still interested in being a first year student. I sent a LOI two months ago and also called and emailed back to reaffirm my interest after I got that email. For those that were accepted off the waitlist recently did you guys call or email Annette or Ron often? I want to keep in touch but not really sure what more I could say that I have not said already :/ Hoping to get that phone call soon but feeling a little discouraged at this point..if anyone has any tips that would be greatly appreciated!!