LECOM-Bradenton C/O 2016: Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratz Fadeawaymaster :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

so am i the only one who has not heard anything back from lecom?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharm25 have you call Lauren to check out your status recently? I remember I almost call her every week.

i had called Lauren last week, haven't called her this week! Last week she said..they still have not made a decision. i will try calling her again today

i called Lauren and she said i should hear something back "soon"

Has anyone heard back from the April 26th interview?

Congratz Pharm25 :thumbup: Im happy for you :love:

looking forward to see you guys ^___^

thank you so much noobhealer! can't wait to see you and everyone :)

Did Anybody hear anything from the Alternate/waitlist yet? Have you guys recieved any email from Lauren at all regarding Alt/waitlist?:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Did Anybody hear anything from the Alternate/waitlist yet? Have you guys recieved any email from Lauren at all regarding Alt/waitlist?:scared:
I got an email a couple days ago that said:

Good morning,

We are contacting you today to confirm that you are, in fact, still interested in being considered for acceptance at LECOM Bradenton School of Pharmacy.

If you are no longer interested, please reply to this email and notify us to withdrawal your application.

Also, if you have taken any courses this Spring, we ask that you send in an updated transcript if you haven't already.

We will be sure to inform immediately of any updates to our alternate list when it has been reviewed by the admissions committee!

Thank you,

Lauren Bewley
Admissions Counselor
941.782.5920 | Fax 941.782.5721

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
5000 Lakewood Ranch Blvd. |Bradenton, FL 34211
www.lecom.edu

and that's all I've heard so far. :/

I haven't heard anything yet,:eek: I hope I get one of those emails soon though confirming I want to be on the list, those seem like a good sigh :)

I got an email a couple days ago that said:

Good morning,

We are contacting you today to confirm that you are, in fact, still interested in being considered for acceptance at LECOM Bradenton School of Pharmacy.

If you are no longer interested, please reply to this email and notify us to withdrawal your application.

Also, if you have taken any courses this Spring, we ask that you send in an updated transcript if you haven’t already.

We will be sure to inform immediately of any updates to our alternate list when it has been reviewed by the admissions committee!

Thank you,

Lauren Bewley
Admissions Counselor
941.782.5920 | Fax 941.782.5721

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
5000 Lakewood Ranch Blvd. |Bradenton, FL 34211
www.lecom.edu

and that's all I've heard so far. :/

I got this exact same message. hope this is a good sign.

I haven't heard anything yet,:eek: I hope I get one of those emails soon though confirming I want to be on the list, those seem like a good sigh :)

Check ur email, maybe its in the spam section. let us know. i hope you get it soon if u didnt yet.

Check ur email, maybe its in the spam section. let us know. i hope you get it soon if u didn't yet.

I Just went through all my mail and no email :( When did you guys get yours? Hopefully ill receive one soon, when did you guys interview if you don't mind?

I was wait listed on March 8, and Lauren called me this morning saying I was accepted :) good luck to everyone still waiting! Also, does anyone need a roommate? Please PM me.

I think That may b a good sign... Means they r going to the alternate list a lot sooner than they did last yr...

I was wait listed on March 8, and Lauren called me this morning saying I was accepted :) good luck to everyone still waiting! Also, does anyone need a roommate? Please PM me.

Congratz, btw, was it a toll free call or actually LECOM called? can you check you called ID. early morning i received a lot of toll free call, so i was wondering if that was them or not. btw, when did u interview? i interviewed on FEB 24th and i still haven't heard anything. if you dont mind can you tell me, if you did ur bachelors or not? what was your PCAT score? what was your GPA? you can pm me if you dont want to say it here. thank you very much.

Congratz, btw, was it a toll free call or actually LECOM called? can you check you called ID. early morning i received a lot of toll free call, so i was wondering if that was them or not. btw, when did u interview? i interviewed on FEB 24th and i still haven't heard anything. if you dont mind can you tell me, if you did ur bachelors or not? what was your PCAT score? what was your GPA? you can pm me if you dont want to say it here. thank you very much.

Thank you!! It wasn't a toll free number, it was Lauren's number. I got a bachelors degree, and my gpa was 3.6. I have kept in touch constantly, and I interviewed on march 8. Good luck I hope you hear good news soon :)

Thank you!! It wasn't a toll free number, it was Lauren's number. I got a bachelors degree, and my gpa was 3.6. I have kept in touch constantly, and I interviewed on march 8. Good luck I hope you hear good news soon :)

Thnxxx very much. I dont know what will happen to me. hopefully everythin oes well for everybody.

Did you receive one of those emails like the others listed above before you received your acceptance call? Thanks

Yes I did!

When u recieved your Alt email confirmation, Approximately, how many days later you got you acceptance call? we r just nervous, thats why, we r asking u a lot of questions, lol.

When u recieved your Alt email confirmation, Approximately, how many days later you got you acceptance call? we r just nervous, thats why, we r asking u a lot of questions, lol.

I don't mind. I received the email Monday, and got the phone call from Lauren on Friday. Good luck to all of you still waiting, let me know if you have anymore questions :)

When you say that you kept in touch, what questions did you ask. I have called very few times and felt like I was annoying her. I have been place on the alternate list also.

Last edited:
When you say that you kept in touch, what questions did you ask. I have called very few times and felt like I was annoying her. I have been place on the alternate list also.

I was basically emailing/calling once a week letting them know they were my top choice, and I would really like to attend there in the fall. I felt like I was being annoying too, but I guess I am glad I was. Good luck!

Anyone who calls today... See if they ranked the Alt list yet...

I called yesterday, and she said, some people who were in alternate list, some of them got accepted but they dont have anything specific in my file, so as soon as something comes, she will call me and let me know?

I called yesterday and asked if they had my final transcripts and Lauren said she was currently going thru them. Then I asked if the alt list was ranked and she said no. She also told me that she was planning to email an update or change the portal status's later in the week to the people on the alt list

Hello,

Around what area is everyone staying? I m coming from Georgia and needed someone to share. Anyone need roomate? Send me PM and we can chat.

I talked to Lauren and she said that they dont rank the alt list just the top 10 percent so as individuals get in the top 10% they will notify you by email. I hope we all get that email soon :eek:

I talked to Lauren and she said that they dont rank the alt list just the top 10 percent so as individuals get in the top 10% they will notify you by email. I hope we all get that email soon :eek:

I got that email today. I just don't understand unless it's a rolling 10% and as people decline it moves to the next 10%? I just think that would take forever unless there is not many on the list...but in our interview they told us maybe 80 was on it last year and they accepted over half. Did anyone else hear this at their interview?

Last edited:

What email? can you tell me what do they write on the email? please i am very nervous now? please reply asap?

I got that email today. I just don't understand unless it's a rolling 10% and as people decline it moves to the next 10%? I just think that would take forever unless there is not many on the list...but in our interview they told us maybe 80 was on it last year and they accepted over half. Did anyone else hear this at their interview?

What email did you receive may i ask? it states what exactly? during our interview she says she accepts a lot of students at the end but dont know whats happening now.

What email? can you tell me what do they write on the email? please i am very nervous now? please reply asap?

she didn't go in to much detail, but Im assuming it is the one you all received regarding if you are still interested in being an alternate cause I still haven't received it

nothing was said like that at our interview, but I hope thats true, it gives me some hope. I think the top 10% makes sense on a rolling bases. I really hope we all make it in and I hope I get that email soon. Keep us posted if you get accepted:D

she didn't go in to much detail, but Im assuming it is the one you all received regarding if you are still interested in being an alternate cause I still haven't received it

are You sure its the same message that most of us got it on Monday of last week i believe? or did she say there will be another email, based on the Top 10% candidates? please elaborate. i received this letter last Monday:

"
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Good morning, ..

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]We are contacting you today to confirm that you are, in fact, still interested in being considered for acceptance at LECOM Bradenton School of Pharmacy. ..

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]If you are no longer interested, please reply to this email and notify us to withdrawal your application. ..

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Also, if you have taken any courses this Spring, we ask that you send in an updated transcript if you haven’t already. ..

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]We will be sure to inform immediately of any updates to our alternate list when it has been reviewed by the admissions committee! ..

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Thank you.[FONT=Times New Roman,serif],..

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,sans-serif]Lauren Bewley..
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Admissions Counselor.
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]941.782.5920 | Fax 941.782.5721.

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]5000 Lakewood Ranch Blvd. |Bradenton, FL 34211.
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]www.lecom.edu"

Are you guys talking about this letter or an additional letter? please confirm?:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

That is the letter I received last Monday, and then I got accepted Friday. Good luck everyone!

this is the other email i have recieved today in the morning.

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Good morning, ..
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] ..
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]I am happy to help you out the best that I can. As an alternate candidate, I know that it is hard to not know what is going on. Unfortunately, we are in a very similar position in our Admissions Office. We do not have a concrete idea of how many will be pulled from the alternate list; as it depends on how many students that are sitting in the class choose not to matriculate at LECOM Bradenton. ..
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]We do our best to keep you up to date with any information that we have available. You received a letter yesterday that was sent to all alternate candidates to explain the process of how we will be approaching our alternate list. ..
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]As the email stated, if at any time you fall into the top 10% of the alternate list, we will be sure to contact you. This is typically by email. ..
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]The best advice that I can offer to you at this time is to try to be patient (although, I know that it is hard) and be assured that we will keep you updated as we receive any updates. ..
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Thank you, ..

That is the letter I received last Monday, and then I got accepted Friday. Good luck everyone!

I got this last Monday but yet haven't gotten an acceptance letter. so that's y i m nervous.

This is what I received yesterday about 4:30 eastern time

Good afternoon!

I hope that this email finds you well. We wanted to take a minute to update everyone on the Alternate list.

The Admissions Committee has conducted a thorough review of the alternate list and has ranked the top 10%; if you were in this group we have already notified you earlier this week. This process will continue until the first day of class on August 20, 2011. If at any time you fall within that top 10% we will contact you immediately. The committee does not provide a detailed ranking of each candidate, please keep in mind that we will contact you as soon as we have an update on your file.

If you have already submitted your transcripts they are already included in your file so that the committee was able to review them with your files. We will be updating the portal with any contingencies and transcripts that have been received within the next 30 days.

We thank you for your continued interest LECOM Bradenton School of Pharmacy and patience in this process; we will be sure to contact you as changes and updates occur.

Thank you,

Good afternoon!

I hope that this email finds you well. We wanted to take a minute to update everyone on the Alternate list.

The Admissions Committee has conducted a thorough review of the alternate list and has ranked the top 10%; if you were in this group we have already notified you earlier this week. This process will continue until the first day of class on August 20, 2011. If at any time you fall within that top 10% we will contact you immediately. The committee does not provide a detailed ranking of each candidate, please keep in mind that we will contact you as soon as we have an update on your file.

If you have already submitted your transcripts they are already included in your file so that the committee was able to review them with your files. We will be updating the portal with any contingencies and transcripts that have been received within the next 30 days.

We thank you for your continued interest LECOM Bradenton School of Pharmacy and patience in this process; we will be sure to contact you as changes and updates occur.

Thank you,

I did not get this letter, that means i will not get accepted this year nor will i fall into the top 10% category. well good luck to you.

To be honest I don't think this letter means anything. It's just so generic and says it was sent to all the alternate candidates. Everyone who is an alternate see if you received this.

Last edited:
To be honest I don't think this letter means anything. It's just so generic and says it was sent to all the alternate candidates. Everyone who is an alternate see if you received this.

Seriusly, since u got that message maybe you are in top 10 or close to top 10%. i am nothing closer my PCAT is bad. its 16% and 5% overall, so they got ticked off i beleive. plus i have C in orgo 1 and B in orgo 2 and a C in calc 1, i dont think they will place me in top 10%. i think i should loose my hope for this year. i dont know what i will do. what was ur pcat score again? and gpa?

are You sure its the same message that most of us got it on Monday of last week i believe? or did she say there will be another email, based on the Top 10% candidates? please elaborate. i received this letter last Monday:

"
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Good morning, ..

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]We are contacting you today to confirm that you are, in fact, still interested in being considered for acceptance at LECOM Bradenton School of Pharmacy. ..

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]If you are no longer interested, please reply to this email and notify us to withdrawal your application. ..

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Also, if you have taken any courses this Spring, we ask that you send in an updated transcript if you haven’t already. ..

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]We will be sure to inform immediately of any updates to our alternate list when it has been reviewed by the admissions committee! ..

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Thank you.[FONT=Times New Roman,serif],..

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,sans-serif]Lauren Bewley..
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Admissions Counselor.
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]941.782.5920 | Fax 941.782.5721.

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]5000 Lakewood Ranch Blvd. |Bradenton, FL 34211.
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]www.lecom.edu"

Are you guys talking about this letter or an additional letter? please confirm?:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Yeah that is the email I am speaking of, you can prob call her Monday and just ask what your rank is on the list

Good afternoon!

Thank you,

This is odd I am on the alternate list and haven't received this email or the other one previously posted :( I hope this doesn't mean I'm on the bottom of the list :confused: