LECOM-Bradenton C/O 2016: Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is odd I am on the alternate list and haven't received this email or the other one previously posted :( I hope this doesn't mean I'm on the bottom of the list :confused:

Definately call and find out, even if u think u r annoying her, i think they like that. just keep asking, how come u didnt get it, etc.. also, if you could ask, how many seats are so far filled and how many r left? i sent er over 3-4 message in 2 days, no response yet, that means call her.

Members don't see this ad.

Seriusly, since u got that message maybe you are in top 10 or close to top 10%. i am nothing closer my PCAT is bad. its 16% and 5% overall, so they got ticked off i beleive. plus i have C in orgo 1 and B in orgo 2 and a C in calc 1, i dont think they will place me in top 10%. i think i should loose my hope for this year. i dont know what i will do. what was ur pcat score again? and gpa?

My best PCAT was when it was still given as a written exam, and it wasn't much higher than yours. I retook it twice and scored lower but it was on the computer exam. My GPA is only a 3.11, and I had a B in organic 1 and a C in organic 2. I had a B in calc 1, but I also took physics 1 and 2 and anatomy physiology 1 and 2. In my interview I told them my concerns were that I didn't think I would be a likable candidate due to my scores, and their response was that they look at the entire package.

I got the second email telling us that the top 10% were ranked but I didn't get an email telling me I was in the top 10%. My January PCAT was a 62 but my GPA is kinda on the low side... 3.03, A in Organic I and B in Organic II.

Members don't see this ad :)
My best PCAT was when it was still given as a written exam, and it wasn't much higher than yours. I retook it twice and scored lower but it was on the computer exam. My GPA is only a 3.11, and I had a B in organic 1 and a C in organic 2. I had a B in calc 1, but I also took physics 1 and 2 and anatomy physiology 1 and 2. In my interview I told them my concerns were that I didn't think I would be a likable candidate due to my scores, and their response was that they look at the entire package.

As i said, my GPA is 3.46 cum, and 3.7 science, but my organic 1 was C and orgo 2 was B, in calc i can get a B but i will have to wait until Fall grades, i did bad in one exam, but due to my aunts sickness, so my professor told me i could come and take the test again, and if i can make a 80, he will give me a B in the class. i took physics 1 and 2, and got A's in both of them. also anatomy&physiology is my favorite subject, i got A also, but my PCAT killed me, its 16% and then 5%, in my opinion, if i could make a score of atleast 20% on my 2nd pcat, maybe they could of accpeted me, but its vice versa now, lol. in my interview, i explain to the lady, i did bad in my pcat, and she told me the same thing, they dont look at one thing, they look at the package, , my question is, if they look at package, then y they r not calling me? do u remember the interviewee that interviewed you? mine was closed file btw. also, Lauren emailed me, saying i am not currently in the top 10%, if i fall, then she will let me know.

I got the second email telling us that the top 10% were ranked but I didn't get an email telling me I was in the top 10%. My January PCAT was a 62 but my GPA is kinda on the low side... 3.03, A in Organic I and B in Organic II.

I am sorry to hear that, i got that email too. she told me, i am not currently in the top 10%, if i fall into it, they will let me know. the key word is patience, etc.. your pcat is very good. compare to mine. did you do your bachelors? i have a querstion to ask, is there any bachelors that i can do in 1 year, meaning if i dont get in this year, what is 1 bachelors program that i can do within a year, psychology, economics, health science, etc.. any clue?

If I don't get in I'll hav a PSYC bs next yr, but I've heard it's better not to get a bachelor degree because of the new financial aid stipulations. You are still considered to b undergraduate for the 1st 2 yrs of pharm school. If you already hav a degree and enroll again as an undergrad then you might not qualify for loans... Thats what my advisor told me but I still need to take with the financial aid ppl to get clarification. My advisor said to do all my classes to get my degree but not to apply for graduation...

As for degrees you can get in 1 yr I don't know... It's gonna depend on what classes you already have. Most degrees hav prereqs lik you take 101 b4 u can enroll in 102 b4 you can enroll in 103...so even if you only need these 3 classes to graduate you still have to enroll for 3 semesters... Most schools hav a MDS degree where you can complete 3 different minors and graduate...which may avoid the prereq issue... Get on your schools website and print out all the degrees you might be close to finishing and see which would b the quickest...

Today Lauren called, but i wasn't home, and couldn't answer the phone. what is your prediction guys? i am very nervous? in my portal it says they have made a decision and they will notify me within 10 days, does this sound good or bad? i am thinking bad, because MCPHS told me they were full, actually they emailed me and said that, NSU assistant dean called me and told me personally this year i will not get accepted to their program, today LECOM called. Any suggestion guys? i am super nervous? i am not on the top 10% alt candidate, wht if she calls me tmrw and tell me, their is no possibility, try again for next year.

I've never heard of them rejecting ppl over the phone. so it's probably good news... Plzz Let us know what she says tomorrow either way...

Did she leave a voicemail or send u an email today as well?

I've never heard of them rejecting ppl over the phone. so it's probably good news... Plzz Let us know what she says tomorrow either way...

I hope so CCUMp. Please pray for me, i hope its a good news. I have waisted 1 year already for my friend, and now i dont want to loos another year. i hope they give me good news tmrw. she called and my sister picked up, my sister asked her, is the result positive or negative? lauren responded, its private, i cannot share, so i dont know what does she mean by that. also, she told me, i am not on the top 10% alt candidate, so i dont know how it will b a good news, but i hope its a good news.. please pray for me guys. thnk you.

I will... Her email did say they would contact u immediately if u moved into the top 10% so maybe that's y she called...

I will... Her email did say they would contact u immediately if u moved into the top 10% so maybe that's y she called...

This is what my dad is thinking too. He is thinking that Lauren called you because maybe you moved to top 10%, but i dont know. i hope to hear good news. thnks for ur support and keep replying me and making me less nervous, if i get a good news, i will let u know, anf i get a bad news, i will let u know too, but plz hope for good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted back in February. Today I emailed LECOM to give my spot to somebody else since I decided to attend another pharmacy school.
Good luck to you all

I got accepted back in February. Today I emailed LECOM to give my spot to somebody else since I decided to attend another pharmacy school.
Good luck to you all

Hey Rasouls, thank you very much, it will help us hopefully.

I got my official Acceptance letter today. I am so happy. I am so thankful to my almighty Allah, and all my friends here who supported me. thnxx everyone. thank you for good lucks.

Congrats Rx 2015... I hope this means I'm next lol

Is there any official link of LECOM COP Bradenton? can somebody give me the link? and also, I am looking for either apartment or roommate, can you tell me the closest apartment from LECOM, walking distance, etc..

I got my official Acceptance letter today. I am so happy. I am so thankful to my almighty Allah, and all my friends here who supported me. thnxx everyone. thank you for good lucks.

Congrats! I have a question for you did you ever receive an email stating you were in the top 10%... im trying not to loose hope!

they will send you the link in email in few days!

I am getting so nervous! I still haven't received any emails :( I called Lauren and she said she would notify me as soon as she has any changes. Is anyone else in my situation where you haven't received any type of email from them?

Don't worry. I just got my waitlist letter today (June 19th) and it was dated June 13. Does anyone know how many students are put on the waitlist?

I think a lot... When did u interview jayhawk?

Don't worry. I just got my waitlist letter today (June 19th) and it was dated June 13. Does anyone know how many students are put on the waitlist?

At my interview on May 10 someone asked that question and Lauren wasn't there the day I interviewed but Ms. Anette Shively the financial aid lady said they put about 80 on it last year and they took about 45 of them. She also told us to keep in mind that by the time they go thru it that the total number is a little less due to students plans changing. So that has given me hope!

A couple yes ago someone posted on SDN that they started at #39 on the Alt list when they ranked it in June and they got in...

Congrats! I have a question for you did you ever receive an email stating you were in the top 10%... im trying not to loose hope!

Sorry i took long to reply, I didnt get any emails or letter stating, i am in top 10%. i was talking with lauren the day before and she told me, we will notify you when u r in top 10%, the next day she called me home and i couldnt answer, but then i found out, i got accepted, so my best suggestion is, dont loose hope, their are chances. inshaAllah you will get a call or email. keep the faith.

Did anyone got the financial Aid Award? :confused::confused:

Did anyone got the financial Aid Award? :confused::confused:

Not yet; according to a post on the Facebook group it'll probably be early July before that's organized.

I got the "updates" email yesterday; crazy how orientation is right around the corner!! This summer has gone soooooo fast.

Not yet; according to a post on the Facebook group it'll probably be early July before that's organized.

I got the "updates" email yesterday; crazy how orientation is right around the corner!! This summer has gone soooooo fast.

Has gone? It just started!

I have some problems with the schedule that went out yesterday. It says to get your ID picture and other stuff between july 18 and August 10. The problem is I wasn't planning on moving down until August 11 or 12. Do you think they'll let me do this on Monday the 13th? I have to call Lauren.

Has gone? It just started!

I have some problems with the schedule that went out yesterday. It says to get your ID picture and other stuff between july 18 and August 10. The problem is I wasn't planning on moving down until August 11 or 12. Do you think they'll let me do this on Monday the 13th? I have to call Lauren.

Lol! I guess it feels like it's gone fast for since I've been out of school since the last week of April--my summer is about half over and it seems like I just took my last final yesterday! I've been working full time, keeping busy, so that makes it seem to go quickly. :)

I interviewed April 19th and just got the letter. If it helps, I think I will be withdrawing my application from LECOM so it'll give one of you guys a better shot!

Thanks for the information. Also I wanted to let everyone know that I called her yesterday and she said they don't rank the entire alternate list. This confused me more. If someone else has spoken to her please let us know what she says.

I told you it would be alright. Congrats. :thumbup:

I feel like this is gonna b a good week...

The last thing I heard was when I called Friday and found out they don't rank the whole alternate list. I sure hope we do hear good news this week.

Has anyone from the 4/26 interview heard anything, such as, acceptance or waitlisted? I was waitlisted but was just wondering if anyone else from that day was on here :)

Hey! Finally received an academic calendar/book list. :p Thought they were just going to wait till the first day of class to relay the info at this point. :laugh:

Has anyone on here received the email notifying them that they are in the top 10%?:confused:

Not me... Today marks 2 weeks since we got the email saying they ranked the list...

Hey! Finally received an academic calendar/book list. :p Thought they were just going to wait till the first day of class to relay the info at this point. :laugh:
Me too. I was not sure whether to buy them now or wait till class. Any suggestion? Also does anyone know any cheap apartments near LECOM?

I called her yesterday morning and asked her if there is any hope for those of us not at the top 10% of the waitlist. She said yes because students keep changing their minds and they keep re-reviewing the waitlist so i dno if that helps really but thats all she said =0/

I called her yesterday morning and asked her if there is any hope for those of us not at the top 10% of the waitlist. She said yes because students keep changing their minds and they keep re-reviewing the waitlist so i dno if that helps really but thats all she said =0/

Thanks for posting:) at least we know we still have a chance, I just wish we knew how many were on the list and where we are all at:confused: but oh well good luck to everyone:thumbup:

Hey guys! I am looking for a muslim male roomate. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks!:)

or any male that does not drink alcohol, and is clean. Sorry to picky! Thanks!:)