2018 LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy - Distance Education C\O 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I saw that! Sounds like good news to me. Has anyone heard anything about when interviews will begin?

Haven't heard anything about interviews but I think we must be getting close to that point. I just checked my status on the portal it it has been updated to "....under review by the admissions committee."

Members don't see this ad.

How did you guys submit the supplemental application? Email invite? Below is what their website says:
"Once LECOM receives the PharmCAS application, qualified applicants will receive an e-mail message providing information and instructions regarding how to complete the Supplemental Application. The e-mail message will include a username and password to access the secure LECOM Candidate Portal to complete the Supplemental Application and submit the $50 non-refundable application fee. "

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I got an email invite. I actually didn't get mine and got and email telling me sorry for the delays and I should be able to apply now. I sent an email asking about it and they resent it like right away :)

Thanks. How long ago was that? I applied through pharmcas in the last week of feb. I meet all of their requirements as far as I know. Do u know if all qualified applicants receive an invite or just chosen ones?

Thanks. How long ago was that? I applied through pharmcas in the last week of feb. I meet all of their requirements as far as I know. Do u know if all qualified applicants receive an invite or just chosen ones?
I don't know if only chosen people get the invite. I thought that too and thought I just wasn't chosen. I applied like right after I heard about the distance pathway (PharmCAS says e-submitted 2/10). I just got the e-mail about being able to apply now on Monday (so that's when my information was resent, but I had never gotten an e-mail before that).

Ok thank you, I guess I should contact them to clarify..

I believe that all applicants have to submit the supplemental before they will look at your application. With that being said, has anybody receive an interview invitation yet?

I believe that all applicants have to submit the supplemental before they will look at your application. With that being said, has anybody receive an interview invitation yet?
No. My thing on the portal changed today from saying something about it will be reviewed in the next 30 days to something like 'you will receive an email when a decision is reached.'

Mine still says "under review."

I contacted them and was told that supplementals will emailed out in the next two weeks..

Supplementals will be emailed out in 2 weeks? That's strange because some have already done the supplementals.

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps they mean the rest of the supplemental invites? Wasn't the final submit date 4/1? Perhaps they want to get everyone's supplemental and then look at all the applicants together before sending out interview invites. No idea, just guessing :p

I don't know. I asked about deadline but did not get an answer. :(

Perhaps they mean the rest of the supplemental invites? Wasn't the final submit date 4/1? Perhaps they want to get everyone's supplemental and then look at all the applicants together before sending out interview invites. No idea, just guessing :p
How exactly were u able to get the supplemental? Why did they have to resend it?

How exactly were u able to get the supplemental? Why did they have to resend it?
I never got an email initially. I thought they just didn't like my application or something.
I then got an email saying sorry for the confusion (judging from this board this is back when the supplemental said you could only apply if you were from Flordia and stuff), you can now submit your supplemental in your state and realized that I had no idea how to log in to the portal. I emailed the person who sent the email saying my state could apply (an admissions counselor) and she resent the first email I was suppose to get with my portal password and username and how to apply.
Guessing by what people are saying here they probably mean to send everyone who applies a supplemental invite (don't look at your application until it's complete). You probably just want to ask admissions if you haven't gotten your supplemental invite yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks. I will try and figure it out on Monday.. Anyone invited for an interview yet?

So how long did you guys make your supplemental essay statement? I see that it can be up to 500 words, but I'm having a hard time coming up with more than a couple paragraphs...

So how long did you guys make your supplemental essay statement? I see that it can be up to 500 words, but I'm having a hard time coming up with more than a couple paragraphs...
It should be however long it takes for you to adequately convey your thoughts on the essay topic. Mine was close to 500 words.

My status has changed from "You will receive an email once your supplemental is processed" to "Your application is under review by the admissions committee." I did not receive any email.

Admissions status updated today. "Congratulations! You have been selected for an interview, you will be receiving an e-mail from the Admissions Office with your assigned date." Haven't received an e-mail yet.

Anyone else?

Admissions status updated today. "Congratulations! You have been selected for an interview, you will be receiving an e-mail from the Admissions Office with your assigned date." Haven't received an e-mail yet.

Anyone else?
Apparently, interview invitations are being sent. I received the email with the interview invite and the assigned interview date. Are you going to the interview, or are you pretty set with USF? On a side note: I have received zero communication from Creighton Distance.

Apparently, interview invitations are being sent. I received the email with the interview invite and the assigned interview date. Are you going to the interview, or are you pretty set with USF? On a side note: I have received zero communication from Creighton Distance.

I sent my deposit to USF already but I will probably still go to the interview at LECOM. I have 3 courses to take this summer to meet USF's prerequisites - I don't foresee any issues with meeting their requirements, but I'd like to have a Plan B anyways.

I received an interview invite from them as well :)

I haven't received an email from them yet it just says on my portal that I have been selected for an interview. I am waiting to hear from Creighton.

I haven't received an email from them yet it just says on my portal that I have been selected for an interview. I am waiting to hear from Creighton.
Which school is your top choice?

Applied to LECOM & Creighton too but these information about other states being on hold, e-mail invitations to do supplemental applcs to LECOM not arriving, etc is really confusing. Haven't heard from any of them, have no logins to any portal, do not live in Bradenton, Omaha or Erie and have never attended any of these schools? Should I kinda move on? Anybody got any news?

Applied to LECOM & Creighton too but these information about other states being on hold, e-mail invitations to do supplemental applcs to LECOM not arriving, etc is really confusing. Haven't heard from any of them, have no logins to any portal, do not live in Bradenton, Omaha or Erie and have never attended any of these schools? Should I kinda move on? Anybody got any news?
The Creighton portal is the same portal that you accessed for your supplemental. I submitted the Creighton supplemental near the deadline and have not heard anything from the school either. Their last interview date for the distance pathway is on 4/22.

If you haven't received anything from LECOM-B Distance, you can email Lauren to check on the status of your application.

Hmmm... when I click View Admissions Status in my Portal page, my status is still listed as "We received your supplemental application, you will receive an email when it is processed." I'm thinking this may be a bad sign, considering that it sounds like everyone else here who applied has received an interview invite already. Does anyone else's status still say what mine says?

The Creighton portal is the same portal that you accessed for your supplemental. I submitted the Creighton supplemental near the deadline and have not heard anything from the school either. Their last interview date for the distance pathway is on 4/22.

If you haven't received anything from LECOM-B Distance, you can email Lauren to check on the status of your application.
Thanks. Checked portal, nothing new there. Will contact Lauren. Thanks for your suggestions.

Hmmm... when I click View Admissions Status in my Portal page, my status is still listed as "We received your supplemental application, you will receive an email when it is processed." I'm thinking this may be a bad sign, considering that it sounds like everyone else here who applied has received an interview invite already. Does anyone else's status still say what mine says?

Yes. Me too. Applied late but thought I'd know by now....sigh...

Yes. Me too. Applied late but thought I'd know by now....sigh...
So when did u receive lecom invite to fill out supplemental? When i contacted lauren a week ago she said they will be sending out supplementals in next couple weeks! Sounds like i definitely fell through the cracks this time.

My status still says "We received your supplemental application, you will receive an email when it is processed."

If this basically means I've been rejected, then I don't get it. I have a more competitive GPA than a number of other folks applying who have received interview invites, so I wonder what could have resulted in my application getting rejected? Bad essay, LORs, etc.?

My status still says "We received your supplemental application, you will receive an email when it is processed."

If this basically means I've been rejected, then I don't get it. I have a more competitive GPA than a number of other folks applying who have received interview invites, so I wonder what could have resulted in my application getting rejected? Bad essay, LORs, etc.?
When did you submit the supplemental? It took LECOM over a month to "process" mine. I'm sure they will continue to interview throughout May, so don't worry too much now. On the other hand, did you also apply to Creighton distance?

When did you submit the supplemental? It took LECOM over a month to "process" mine. I'm sure they will continue to interview throughout May, so don't worry too much now. On the other hand, did you also apply to Creighton distance?

Actually, I submitted my supplemental on the last possible day. Nope -- LECOM's is the only program I applied to. Just out of curiosity, do you know if it's possible to re-schedule the interview to a different date than the one they assign you?

Actually, I submitted my supplemental on the last possible day. Nope -- LECOM's is the only program I applied to. Just out of curiosity, do you know if it's possible to re-schedule the interview to a different date than the one they assign you?
In the email, you are asked to email them to cancel or reschedule the interview. So I'm pretty certain that you can ask for a different date if the assigned date will not work for you.

I just got my interview invite. It is on 4/22 also.

I just got my interview invite. It is on 4/22 also.
Congrats! Do you think you will go given it is only a week away? Looks like the 4/22 interview is the first for the distance pathway.

Congrats! Do you think you will go given it is only a week away? Looks like the 4/22 interview is the first for the distance pathway.
I already made my arrangements. I was considering not going since it was such short notice (I was really worried about the cost of the flight), but it ended up working out. Luckily, my mom convinced me I shouldn't turn down any opportunity. Everything happens for a reason, right? :p

I was invited to interview on 4/10 but considering it was such short notice (they emailed me 2 days prior), I was unable to attend and they withdrew my application.

I was invited to interview on 4/10 but considering it was such short notice (they emailed me 2 days prior), I was unable to attend and they withdrew my application.
So they would not give you an alternate date? :-/ That kinda sucks

I already made my arrangements. I was considering not going since it was such short notice (I was really worried about the cost of the flight), but it ended up working out. Luckily, my mom convinced me I shouldn't turn down any opportunity. Everything happens for a reason, right? :p
I agree with your mom! :) Glad to know that travel arrangements worked out for you. I'm flying to Tampa from CA because it is so much cheaper than flying to Sarasota. Then I'll have to get a rental car and drive to Bradenton. It will be my first time in FL, so hopefully my GPS will be my best friend. Are you interviewing in the morning or afternoon?

Sorry to hear that. That means interviews and possibly acceptances have already started. Did you ask to reschedule? I'm kinda shocked that they decided to withdraw your application.

I agree with your mom! :) Glad to know that travel arrangements worked out for you. I'm flying to Tampa from CA because it is so much cheaper than flying to Sarasota. Then I'll have to get a rental car and drive to Bradenton. It will be my first time in FL, so hopefully my GPS will be my best friend. Are you interviewing in the morning or afternoon?
I'm interviewing in the morning. We're flying into Orlando because it was way cheaper and driving down. I'm too young to rent my own rental car -.- At least my mom and I will get to see some of my family in the area :)

So they would not give you an alternate date? :-/ That kinda sucks

Yeah - the whole thing was kind of dumb. They sent me an email that said I had 72 hours to reply (72 hours would have been right in the middle of my interview time). Then, 2 days later, they sente an email that said they withdrew my application because I didn't respond within 72 hours. I guess I could have emailed them to reschedule but at this point, I've already gotten into my top choice and LECOM is too unorganized to be my Plan B.