2018 LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy - Distance Education C\O 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone having second thoughts?
Not at all! I know that the distance program is the right choice for me to pursue my PharmD, given my current life situation. I declined acceptance to a 3-year pharmacy school to go with LECOM distance. I know it will probably be a little bit more difficult to study on my own, and it will probably require more legwork on my part to secure IPPE and APPE sites. However, the pros of the distance program definitely outweighs the cons for me.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you having second thoughts, and do you have another option?

Members don't see this ad.

No second thoughts for me. Best decision I have made. I am aware of the hard work that I have to put in but it all falls down to how colorful one paints himself or herself towards succeeding in the real work environment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of 500 applications 100 were chosen for interviews. 24 candidates were accepted into the program.

You've made your point. We all made 1 percentile on our PCAT scores and you made 100 percentile on yours. Congrats on getting accepted into the #1 pharmacy school in the U.S., University of California - San Francisco. Now move to another thread and find some other souls torment.

Last edited:
You've made your point. We all made 1 percentile on our PCAT scores and you made 100 percentile on yours. Congrats on getting accepted into the #1 pharmacy school in the U.S., University of California - San Francisco. Now move to another thread and find some other souls torment.
I didn't say all. But what's the average for LECOM in general? I think somewhere around 40th? And no I don't go to UCSF.

Also it's impossible to score in 100th percentile FYI.

Oh, and don't be a dick just because I am stating facts.

Not at all! I know that the distance program is the right choice for me to pursue my PharmD, given my current life situation. I declined acceptance to a 3-year pharmacy school to go with LECOM distance. I know it will probably be a little bit more difficult to study on my own, and it will probably require more legwork on my part to secure IPPE and APPE sites. However, the pros of the distance program definitely outweighs the cons for me.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you having second thoughts, and do you have another option?

Yes, Mercer. Distance is an excellent opportunity however we have no idea of what we're getting ourselves into, online lectures & exams. I almost feel like the test dummies in car crashes. School starts in eight weeks.

Hello all! I have applied for the distance pathway and have had my PharmCAS, as well as my supplemental application submitted for months and have yet to hear anything! My status has not even changed from "We have received your PharmCAS application and your status will change within the next 30 days." I was only able to submit a supplemental because I had access to the portal after applying to LECOM Erie! Just curious, of the people that were interview and accepted, which state were you from?! I am from the state of New York and have been consistently told that NY applicants have not been looked at yet! This absolutely terrifies me because it seems fairly late in the game! LECOM Distance is absolutely my top choice, but I don't know how much longer I am able to wait before I die of nervousness! Also, when I asked Lauren about the class being full already I was told it was not! Eeeek! I feel as if I am finding different information EVERYWHERE I look! Congrats to all who were accepted, and I hope to be joining you this fall!

Hello all! I have applied for the distance pathway and have had my PharmCAS, as well as my supplemental application submitted for months and have yet to hear anything! My status has not even changed from "We have received your PharmCAS application and your status will change within the next 30 days." I was only able to submit a supplemental because I had access to the portal after applying to LECOM Erie! Just curious, of the people that were interview and accepted, which state were you from?! I am from the state of New York and have been consistently told that NY applicants have not been looked at yet! This absolutely terrifies me because it seems fairly late in the game! LECOM Distance is absolutely my top choice, but I don't know how much longer I am able to wait before I die of nervousness! Also, when I asked Lauren about the class being full already I was told it was not! Eeeek! I feel as if I am finding different information EVERYWHERE I look! Congrats to all who were accepted, and I hope to be joining you this fall!
When was the last time you talked to Lauren? From my understanding, the interviews have concluded since the end of April, and all acceptances have been mailed out the beginning of May. I'm sorry you did hear back from LECOM after submitting your supplemental. I would assume that the class of 24 students is full now, and any openings would go to those on the wait list.

Perhaps you can call Lauren again to confirm. You can always apply again next year, if LECOM did not accept you this year. Because they're only accepting 24 students for the Distance program, I suggest that you work on making your application as strong as possible if you are planning to reapply. Good luck!

When was the last time you talked to Lauren? From my understanding, the interviews have concluded since the end of April, and all acceptances have been mailed out the beginning of May. I'm sorry you did hear back from LECOM after submitting your supplemental. I would assume that the class of 24 students is full now, and any openings would go to those on the wait list.

Perhaps you can call Lauren again to confirm. You can always apply again next year, if LECOM did not accept you this year. Because they're only accepting 24 students for the Distance program, I suggest that you work on making your application as strong as possible if you are planning to reapply. Good luck!

I spoke with Lauren Friday June 6 at approximately 3 pm. She told me directly that the spots were not considered filled until August! I was also told that we should not be going by the dates that are on LECOM's website because the distance program is so new and things are constantly changing. I have questioned why I have not had a status change even though I have paid for the supplemental months ago and have yet to hear an answer about that! I definitely feel that it is late in the application cycle and that interviews are most likely complete but why is everyone so hesitant to say exactly that? I don't think that its fair to keep up candidates holding on to false hope for this upcoming year!