LECOM - Erie Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh ok because I didn't quite understand the difference! My overall GPA was not all that.. Pharmcas had it calculated at 3.24 oGPA... I have a BS in Nutrition & Food Science, 2 years of pharm tech work... My overall GPA was pretty weak but having a science degree helped me out... I did not take the PCAT... My stats are not that impressive but I hope I get in!! I know a few people who interviewed and got flat out rejected.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It has been exactly 2 weeks since my interview in Erie and I have not heard anything from them! Is this normal? How long did everyone else have to wait?

Same here...I interviewed on 3/9 also and still have not heard anything. The portal still says that there hasn't been a decision made on my file. I know people who interviewed the day before (3/8) have received letters and people who interviewed a week after have received some kind of notice too...so I don't really know what's going on...

Same here...I interviewed on 3/9 also and still have not heard anything. The portal still says that there hasn't been a decision made on my file. I know people who interviewed the day before (3/8) have received letters and people who interviewed a week after have received some kind of notice too...so I don't really know what's going on...

I think you should call and ask cuz I don't think they'll update the portal after interview. I think they want you to find out from letter instead of from the portal.

I'm undecided whether to bring my car to Erie, anyone here plans on using public trans?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 3/15. Received acceptance letter 3/21. Will attend this August.

Hi everyone!

I had my LECOM Erie Interview back on 1/25, I heard from them around 2/7. Paid my deposit back in February! So I'll be attending this fall! :D

Hi everyone,

I applied to LECOM very late...I got an interview on 12th April?? R the seats already filled or there are some seats remaining?? I very nervous about it!!
What to expect for the interview?

Graduating in May with Bachelors in chemistry
Pharmcas GPA 3.35 ( PCAT Given earlier but not that great score so I may be exempted since I will be holding a degree)

2 years of Pharmaceutical Industry experience (Summer internships)
Voluntary service and assisted a physician..:)

I see some of you in this thread have declined interviews to others schools and have been accepted to LECOM. I am curious if you picked LECOM based entirely off of the cheap tuition and 3 year program. If so, then I would like to give a small dose of the reality behind the great facade the institution shows you.

I can only describe the school as double standard. you must uphold your side of the agreement but they can change what they want. The education is fine and all, but the treatment by the faculty is not exactly what you would expect from a graduate school. Be prepared to be treated as an incompetent fool who needs to hang upon every word from the staff and professors at this place. You will be constantly reminded of your agreement of attendance, dress code, no food or drink, and professional behavior to the point that you want to pull your hair out by the roots. The motto of LECOM should be "Students are too stupid to act for themselves, so we will do it for you and you will LIKE IT!”

Several students were just docked 5% of their grade AND are required to write an apology letter to the entire class for missing one class. Why would they need to write an apology letter to the rest of the class? It’s like a catholic high school. Shame you into submission. Many of these students are of high quality and have outstanding academic performance. Some of them had very legitimate excuses for not attending (as if that really matters) but were still told they need to write the letter and have 5% taken off of their grade.

My class was harshly reprimanded for posting negative comments about the school on this site. They will be monitoring you when ever they can, whether in school or out.

If these things do not bother you then you made a good choice. I just wanted you to see a little bit of what is behind the curtain. Any questions feel free to ask.

I am a 2nd year at LECOM ERIE.

I see some of you in this thread have declined interviews to others schools and have been accepted to LECOM. I am curious if you picked LECOM based entirely off of the cheap tuition and 3 year program. If so, then I would like to give a small dose of the reality behind the great facade the institution shows you.

I can only describe the school as double standard. you must uphold your side of the agreement but they can change what they want. The education is fine and all, but the treatment by the faculty is not exactly what you would expect from a graduate school. Be prepared to be treated as an incompetent fool who needs to hang upon every word from the staff and professors at this place. You will be constantly reminded of your agreement of attendance, dress code, no food or drink, and professional behavior to the point that you want to pull your hair out by the roots. The motto of LECOM should be "Students are too stupid to act for themselves, so we will do it for you and you will LIKE IT!”

Several students were just docked 5% of their grade AND are required to write an apology letter to the entire class for missing one class. Why would they need to write an apology letter to the rest of the class? It’s like a catholic high school. Shame you into submission. Many of these students are of high quality and have outstanding academic performance. Some of them had very legitimate excuses for not attending (as if that really matters) but were still told they need to write the letter and have 5% taken off of their grade.

My class was harshly reprimanded for posting negative comments about the school on this site. They will be monitoring you when ever they can, whether in school or out.

If these things do not bother you then you made a good choice. I just wanted you to see a little bit of what is behind the curtain. Any questions feel free to ask.

Wow! This is harsh but thanks for the opinion. I'll take it as an advice rather than a warning.

The professionalism rules really don't seem like a big a deal to me and they will end up benefit us when we graduate. We are going to get a really good education for a great price so I don't think small things like a dress code and required attendance are worth bad mouthing your school for.

some of them missed because they were sick. I don't know of any other proffessional school that does this at all. do you?

Do people often miss because of snow? I mean if you get 2 feet of snow, I don't see how someone driving a corolla could get to campus. The weather is the main thing I worry about.

Members don't see this ad :)
The professionalism rules really don't seem like a big a deal to me and they will end up benefit us when we graduate. We are going to get a really good education for a great price so I don't think small things like a dress code and required attendance are worth bad mouthing your school for.

Let me put it to you this way. I was in your exact shoes; I know how you feel. You're totally excited about getting in. It's great!

Think of this as a marathon and you now have a choice of shoes to complete the 26 mile run. you try on some nike's or new balance and they are a good fit.Then you see the payless brand for a LOT less and give them a try. some says to you "you know those shoe kinda pinch your toes a bit" you think"I have them on...there not that bad" so you convince yourself that it will be fine and buy them anyhow.

The marathon begins and you are so proud of yourself for doing this AND with such a great bargain for footwear. you hit mile 6 and your toes feel the squeeze. "its not that bad" you think to yourself "they were cheap I can deal with it”. Mile 12 the pain increases because the squeeze and the rubbing doesn't stop "ohh, they kinda hurt". mile 18 your toes are on fire, there is no turning back and you have to finish out the race, or quit. mile 22 "HOLY SH@!, WHY DID I BUY THESE THINGS!!!!"

At the end of the race you peel the fine pleather from your foot to find blood soaked socks, black toe nails, and blisters that go clear to the bone.

OK so that is kind of extreme but the principle still applies. you get what you pay for. If you have options please consider them, make your choice, andfinish the race.

Little things go along way, especially when it comes to a marathon of the mind like pharmacy school .

Last edited:
Do people often miss because of snow? I mean if you get 2 feet of snow, I don't see how someone driving a corolla could get to campus. The weather is the main thing I worry about.
Our dean put out an e-mail about that. It does NOT matter. If there is two feet of snow, get up earlier and walk if you have to. I think he said "...this is Erie that excuse does not fly here..." something along those lines.

Last edited:

I CAN SEE YOUR ANGUISH BUT WHAT MATTER TO ME IS THE TYPE OF EDUCATION ONE GETS FROM LECOM.MANY OTHER PHARMACY SCHOOLS HAVE RULES WE DON'T KNOW.SO EVERY SCHOOL IS DIFFERENT.IT IS HIGH TIME WE FOCUS ON THE POSITIVES AND NOT NEGATIVES WHICH TO ME, SOUND REPELLANT.AFTER ALL, THREE WILL GO BY UNNOTICED.CONGRATS TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED.:luck:

I had my interview in nov.... and was accepted..!
i only applied 6 schools and had 4 interviews (i think the 2 applications were incomplete... i didn't really follow up...)
this is the only school i got in as of now. i was almost 100% sure that i wanted to go to lecom but my concern about the weather (snow) wouldn't stop... i'm scared of driving in the rain or snow! i heard that the town gets foggy at night too...

i absolutely love the school for the fact that the school didn't make me wait...:p it was my 1st interview, had a really good time staying in erie(the weather was lovely), and received an acceptance letter by mail only after a week. Everything went so smoothly and professionally so far (the school was sooo clean too...!!). but since other schools have put me on their waitlists... and there are possibilities of more choices... i'm still thinking if i should attend lecom and start a new life there...
anyways...
does anyone know about the closest of the closest housing near the school?
:love:

I interviewed 3/22, and I receive my acceptance letter today. the letter was dated 3/24, but it was mailed 3/28.

I had my interview in nov.... and

i absolutely love the school for the fact that the school didn't make me wait...:p it was my 1st interview, had a really good time staying in erie(the weather was lovely), and received an acceptance letter by mail only after a week. Everything went so smoothly and professionally so far (the school was sooo clean too...!!). but since other schools have put me on their waitlists... and there are possibilities of more choices... i'm still thinking if i should attend lecom and start a new life there...
anyways...
does anyone know about the closest of the closest housing near the school?
:love:
you loved the weather huh? If you attend here wait til you go throught a winter, get snow tires.

I interviewed 3/22, and I receive my acceptance letter today. the letter was dated 3/24, but it was mailed 3/28.

congratulations! how close are you to the school distance wise (i.e. what state)? I am trying to predict when I might hear from them.

is anyone still looking for a roomate? I am trying to check if I can get a two bedroom in the apt complex right in front of the school.

you loved the weather huh? If you attend here wait til you go throught a winter, get snow tires.

lol it was early november when i went there... :D and i unexpectedly experienced lovely weather when i was expecting something horrible... :eek:

i know someone from the school and heard that the school was really strict about professionalism, and that cleaning snow in the morning would become a routine...:scared:

lol it was early november when i went there... :D and i unexpectedly experienced lovely weather when i was expecting something horrible... :eek:

i know someone from the school and heard that the school was really strict about professionalism, and that cleaning snow in the morning would become a routine...:scared:
Congrats for getting in. yes the snow can get bad...REALLY bad. as for the strict on professionalism, it's not so much that they preach it, it's more that they aren't. They tell YOU to be and act in such a way but it does not apply to them. It's kind of hard to describe at this point but you will see what I am talking about when you get here. Just jump through the hoops and finish, and don't ever say that you were not told.

I'm a third year at LECOM and the second years are paying because we third years skipped all the time and pissed the professors off. Seriously, if the professor was unpopular you could see as much as 80% of the seats empty. They take it personally when you don't want to hear them read verbatim from Powerpoint slides that you're perfectly capable of reading yourselves. Now they're cracking down on you guys. It's sort of like when you have a girlfriend with daddy issues or ex-boyfriend issues - you pay for somebody else's misdeeds.

Interviewed 3/23, acceptance letter received 3/30 - will be attending!

And the snow's not that bad, trust me. Annoying, yes, but you'll get used to it :)

And I'm still looking for a roommate! I have my name on waiting lists, and hoping to get in across the street. 20, female, neat - PM me!

My interview was on Wednesday, the 1st. I'm pretty sure about that!
The acceptance letter was dated the 2nd dec. I don't know how it is possible.

Hey Congrats to you, Chi Cong! Mine is on April 13, 2011. Would you give me any guide about the interview? How many questions? (it won;t hurt if there is some details!) Thanks for any addtional, any one!:confused: :love:

Hey Congrats to you, Chi Cong! Mine is on April 13, 2011. Would you give me any guide about the interview? How many questions? (it won;t hurt if there is some details!) Thanks for any addtional, any one!:confused: :love:

Hi, 4Pharm,
Thanks. The interview lasted for 20 mins. They asked me quite a few questions.
I remember the first question was to tell them about myself. Then they asked me about why pharmacy, next is to tell about leadership experience, group activity experience, then a scenario when my teammate didnt do his share, what did I do, then if I dont understand a professor, what will I do? Then tell them about a major concern in health care now.
That's all I can remember.

they also ask for you to describe the role of a pharmacist. my understanding was that they just sit back and make the pharm tech minions do all the work, but I have a feeling that may not have gone over too well.

I'm a third year at LECOM and the second years are paying because we third years skipped all the time and pissed the professors off. Seriously, if the professor was unpopular you could see as much as 80% of the seats empty. They take it personally when you don't want to hear them read verbatim from Powerpoint slides that you're perfectly capable of reading yourselves. Now they're cracking down on you guys. It's sort of like when you have a girlfriend with daddy issues or ex-boyfriend issues - you pay for somebody else's misdeeds.
I put no blame on you guys. Skip if you like, you paid for the education. Was it not frustrating how much they tried to make you come to class?
BTW how is life outside the school? do you think you got the teaching you needed to do well on your rotations?

@Chicongle & @CharlieSheen: Thanks for your replies. Hope that I can go through this nervous state asap!:))
@Chicongle: How do you plan for housing? Where are you from?
@Everyone: Anyone has April 13 interview? See you there! Congrats to all you have interview and accpetance letter!

@Chicongle & @CharlieSheen: Thanks for your replies. Hope that I can go through this nervous state asap!:))
@Chicongle: How do you plan for housing? Where are you from?
@Everyone: Anyone has April 13 interview? See you there! Congrats to all you have interview and accpetance letter!

I am from Maryland. But I was born in Vietnam. I found quite a few houses and apartments in Erie. I plan to go to Erie in mid-july to check out those places and move in by beg. of Aug.
What's about you? Where are you from?

I interviewed on 3/8/11 and still have not heard anything yet.... Looks like most people are hearing back within a week or so. I email admissions and get the same response each time. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

I'll give them a call tomorrow....:xf:

I interviewed on 3/8/11 and still have not heard anything yet.... Looks like most people are hearing back within a week or so. I email admissions and get the same response each time. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

I'll give them a call tomorrow....:xf:

I interview on 3/9/11 and I still havn't heard anything either. That is ridiculous that it takes them that long. I know some people have recieved acceptance letters within a week. I would just like to know the status even if it is a waitlist or rejection. Let me know what they say when you call tomorrow. What do they say when you email them?

I interview on 3/9/11 and I still havn't heard anything either. That is ridiculous that it takes them that long. I know some people have recieved acceptance letters within a week. I would just like to know the status even if it is a waitlist or rejection. Let me know what they say when you call tomorrow. What do they say when you email them?

Yeah Its really frustrating. Whenever I email it's the same response; "We have not made a decision on your file yet and will send you a letter as soon as we do".

I called today and she said that a letter was mailed out yesterday. I will hopefully see by this weekend. Tomorrow will be exactly 30 days for me. At this point I just want to know, good or bad..... I'm so emotionally drained hehehe.

Reading some of the previous years, it seems that the candidates that don't hear back for a long time usually get wait listed. The longest I have seen has been 3 weeks. My interview has been 30 days ago.... It doesn't seem like this bodes well for me. I was really hoping to attend this year.

Good luck pghpharm. I hope you hear from them soon. Give them a call and see if your letter was mailed out. I know how you feel. i have been in the same boat. :oops:

Yeah Its really frustrating. Whenever I email it's the same response; "We have not made a decision on your file yet and will send you a letter as soon as we do".

I called today and she said that a letter was mailed out yesterday. I will hopefully see by this weekend. Tomorrow will be exactly 30 days for me. At this point I just want to know, good or bad..... I'm so emotionally drained hehehe.

Reading some of the previous years, it seems that the candidates that don't hear back for a long time usually get wait listed. The longest I have seen has been 3 weeks. My interview has been 30 days ago.... It doesn't seem like this bodes well for me. I was really hoping to attend this year.

Good luck pghpharm. I hope you hear from them soon. Give them a call and see if your letter was mailed out. I know how you feel. i have been in the same boat. :oops:

Well i spoke too soon. I recieved my letter today. I was placed on the alternate which like you said I sorta figure being it had taken so long. Im sure you will get your letter today or tomorrow too. I think I am attending another school anyways. The fact that I had to wait that long really made me not want to attend anyways. .

Well i spoke too soon. I recieved my letter today. I was placed on the alternate which like you said I sorta figure being it had taken so long. Im sure you will get your letter today or tomorrow too. I think I am attending another school anyways. The fact that I had to wait that long really made me not want to attend anyways. .

Out of curiosity what are your stats? I haven't heard from them earlier and have a feeling I will be in your same position.

Out of curiosity what are your stats? I haven't heard from them earlier and have a feeling I will be in your same position.

Sure I have a BS in Chemistry from Pitt. My pharmcas science gpa is 3.07 and my overall was 3.23. I did take the Pcat so I didn't have to do the writting assesment. I got accepted to the Bradenton campus.

Sure I have a BS in Chemistry from Pitt. My pharmcas science gpa is 3.07 and my overall was 3.23. I did take the Pcat so I didn't have to do the writting assesment. I got accepted to the Bradenton campus.

thank you very much for your response, and congratulations on your acceptance into the Bradenton campus.

Hi
I just wanted to ask if anyone knew when the last day of interviews are going to be held? And if I still didnt hear anything should i be worried?

Hi everyone,
I met a girl at the interview and we wanted to be roommates if we both got accepted but she's having 2nd thought abt Erie (she got in another school as well.) But I'm a person who like to plan ahead, so if you are looking for a roommate(s), let me know alrite.
Btw, I'm 21 f Viet. I'm clean, respectful, and considerate. I wish to have a roommate who is open-minded and considerate (cleanness and minor bad habits are not big issue since no one is perfect.) :D

Hi everyone,
I met a girl at the interview and we wanted to be roommates if we both got accepted but she's having 2nd thought abt Erie (she got in another school as well.) But I'm a person who like to plan ahead, so if you are looking for a roommate(s), let me know alrite.
Btw, I'm 21 f Viet. I'm clean, respectful, and considerate. I wish to have a roommate who is open-minded and considerate (cleanness and minor bad habits are not big issue since no one is perfect.) :D

I'm still waiting to hear back from Erie. I will be getting my letter next week. I'm needing a roommate too. I'll keep you up to date about my status :)

had my interview on 22nd of March and have not heard back, guess it is safe to assume that's a no lol

had my interview on 22nd of March and have not heard back, guess it is safe to assume that's a no lol
My interview was on march 22nd too, and i got my acceptance letter on april 1st though it was mailed out on march 24th.

Hi everyone,

I am interested. I am still looking for a roommate and still apt hunting. I will like to live close the school. I pray to find one.