LECOM - Erie Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the facebook group is closed, my email is [email protected], thanks

i try to search you on facebook using your email, nothing came up. this is my facebook link:http://www.facebook.com/[email protected]&type=users#!/mindy.deng

you can find my profile and add me using the link

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the info. I am from AZ and never live in snow before, so I don't have any experience driving in snow. I really want to have a place close to LECOM, so I don't have to drive far. Would you please give me contact inf. to those appartments that you listed. By the way, I am in PharmD class 2014. If you know anyone whose also in PharmD need a roommate, please let me know. Greatly appreciated.

congrats on your acceptance, did you join our class's facebook group yet? i'm sure people can give you good advice on there. also. there are some apartments close to lecom like laurel springs, laurel ridge, scenery hills. my roommate and I got an apartment together at gloria apartments, which is about 15 min walk from lecom as well. if you need any contact info, let me know. as for buying a used car, i believe there is a place on peach street that sells a lot of top quality used cars. let me know if you have any other question, i'll try my best to help

Thanks for the info. I am from AZ and never live in snow before, so I don't have any experience driving in snow. I really want to have a place close to LECOM, so I don't have to drive far. Would you please give me contact inf. to those appartments that you listed. By the way, I am in PharmD class 2014. If you know anyone whose also in PharmD need a roommate, please let me know. Greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)

the link below has the contact info for both laurel springs and laurel ridge apartments:

http://www.pastorebuilders.com/rentals/laurelridge.html

as for the roommate, i don't know if you have joined the LECOM PHARMACY CLASS OF 2014 group on facebook. all you have to do is to post an announcement on the facebook group page, then someone is bound to reply.

the facebook group link is http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&theater#!/groups/141416479253398?ap=1

good luck:xf:

Hello, I am a female, and in PharmD Class of 2014. I will stay at a very nice appartment. I need a roommate. If interest, please contact me.

Distance: 1.87 miles from LECOM SCHOOL/ about 4 mimutes driving.
Good neighborhood
2 beds, 1 1/2 bath
$655.00 or $745.00 per month plus gas & elect. (Will divide by two, so it about $400 each).
Prefere female Student, Class of 2014/ Pharmacy.
Please contact me at: [email protected]. ASAP

Hello, I am a female, and in PharmD Class of 2014. I will stay at a very nice appartment. I need a roommate. If interest, please contact me.

Distance: 1.87 miles from LECOM SCHOOL/ about 4 mimutes driving.
Good neighborhood
2 beds, 1 1/2 bath
$655.00 or $745.00 per month plus gas & elect. (Will divide by two, so it about $400 each).
Prefere female Student, Class of 2014/ Pharmacy.
Please contact me at: [email protected]. ASAP

why don't u copy and paste this Ad on our facebook group page? i think it's a pretty good idea

I'm new. I need help finding an apartment for just me. How do you do it when you don't live near Erie. Can you do it all online? I just know I want to live alone and somewhat close to the pharmacy lecom campus.

did you join the class of 2014's facebook group?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard good news from lecom-erie? (acceptance? scholarship opportunities? internships? )

Are you guys already living therE?

I moved to Erie on July 1st. My wife and I have really been enjoying it here. The weather has been great but then again we're used to Florida heat/humidity. There's also a good amount to do..at least in the summer. I've been playing a lot of pick-up basketball and we're going to check out the beaches at the lake soon.

Which of the "required" books do we really need? I stopped buying books in undergrad for most classes and I dont want to waste any money. Are there any current students that can let the incoming class know which books we really need to buy and which we can do without?!

Dont bother buying any books. I spent $300 on my books the first semester and haven't cracked any open til this day. But than again I heard we are getting a couple of new teachers and they might revamp the schedule. I got books to sell if anyone is interested lol.

Everyone is so gunhoo. :laugh:

*Save your money. You don't really need the books unless you want to read for depth or don't understand something. If you want to be an uber pharmacist - read the PT from front to back.

Dont bother buying any books. I spent $300 on my books the first semester and haven't cracked any open til this day. But than again I heard we are getting a couple of new teachers and they might revamp the schedule. I got books to sell if anyone is interested lol.

Thanks. Another question: where can I get the cheapest rental insurance?

Thanks. Another question: where can I get the cheapest rental insurance?

I have Travelers for my car insurance because they would let me keep everything in my home state so I also used them for my rental insurance to get a discount. It depends on what kind of coverage you want but I only pay $125/year.

I saw an ad on craigslist about rental insurance.

Last edited:
I just got my acceptance call today! Now I need to find somewhere to live. If anyone has any info on apartments that are still open or other students that need roommates please let me know! Thank so much.

I just got my acceptance call today! Now I need to find somewhere to live. If anyone has any info on apartments that are still open or other students that need roommates please let me know! Thank so much.

Hi dear, Congrat to you. Could you please tell me your status since I am still waiting! Thank you!

im still waiting too :( this wait has been depressing me for the past few months... you guys think us alternate list people still got a chance?? :xf:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That was quite a wait... But who cares now you got what you been waiting for. I waited a bit too even tho I was accepted few months back, but I have been working on this for the last two years. Keep us posted, join the facebook, and get to Erie soon. Mandatory orientation on the 11 and 12 of August, class begins on the 15th. Good luck and see you soon!!

im still waiting too :( this wait has been depressing me for the past few months... you guys think us alternate list people still got a chance?? :xf:

Is tough to say.. But who knows!!! Just don't get discourage if you get a negative outcome. I really wish I could tell you different.. Did you apply to other schools? Any acceptance from anyone else? Well best of luck to you and wish you the best.

LOL... I really hope I didn't wasted $320!!!! We'll see:D. Thanks for the tip btw.

Is tough to say.. But who knows!!! Just don't get discourage if you get a negative outcome. I really wish I could tell you different.. Did you apply to other schools? Any acceptance from anyone else? Well best of luck to you and wish you the best.

Thank you so much for your support.. I did not really give effort in applying this year because it was a last minute thing... I wasn't sure about applying this year but I said what the heck why not and LECOM was only one of few schools that do not require PCAT for students with a Bachelors degree so I took my chances and applied only there.. I still have 2 weeks left :xf:

Hey guys,

Just got into LECOM this week and looking for a place to live that's close to campus. Anyone need a roommate or know a place with openings? Thanks!

- John

Hey guys,

Just got into LECOM this week and looking for a place to live that's close to campus. Anyone need a roommate or know a place with openings? Thanks!

- John

The apt next to ours is for rent, our address is 1435 W Grandview Blvd, you can look up to find the exact distance. The landlord's number is 814 835 3518, his name is Robert Sesler. Good luck

Ignore what I posted, the landlord's proven to be indifferent toward our needs/requests.

I am applying to LECOM but I'm soo worried about my PCAT scores. They are really low but my GPA is ok and I have over 8 years pharmacy experience and will recieve a bachelors in bio next semester. I started working in pharmacy when I was 16 and I'm not getting into pharm schools because of my pcat score. LECOM claims to waive it if you have a bachelors, has anybody gotten in with low pcat scores and a bachelors? Do you think I have a chance??

I am applying to LECOM but I'm soo worried about my PCAT scores. They are really low but my GPA is ok and I have over 8 years pharmacy experience and will recieve a bachelors in bio next semester. I started working in pharmacy when I was 16 and I'm not getting into pharm schools because of my pcat score. LECOM claims to waive it if you have a bachelors, has anybody gotten in with low pcat scores and a bachelors? Do you think I have a chance??

i'm a first year pharmacy student at lecom, lecom waives pcat if you will get a bachelor's degree. good luck. let me know if you have any other questions

awesome...thanks for the quick reply!...i actually do have one more question...they say if they waive pcat they will make you do a writen assesment when you come to the interview...do you happen to know what type of topics they will ask you to write about? or any info about that?

awesome...thanks for the quick reply!...i actually do have one more question...they say if they waive pcat they will make you do a writen assesment when you come to the interview...do you happen to know what type of topics they will ask you to write about? or any info about that?

:)

Last edited:
Can somebody start a physical pharmacy support group? :scared: :(

Hi everyone

I just had my interview for LECOM erie on January 25th and received my acceptance letter just a week after that. I have a couple other schools as well im waiting on and its just hard make a decision on where i want to spend my next couple years.. LECOM seemed like a good school so far..
Hi,
I had the interview a week ago. They said that I would hear back from them 2 weeks to a month after the interview. Yours is pretty quick. Would you mind sharing your estimated stats such as whether you have a degree, science and overall GPA, and PCAT etc. I really appreciate it.

Great question, I'm sure someone will touch on this at orientation. I need 1500 for CA.

Hey,
I just happened to find out about your concern for rotation hours. Did you happen to attend Lecom and what did you learn about the rotations. Yes we need 1500 hours for CA but Lecom will certify only 750 hours.

Can you do 5 rotations (full time) in CA and 1 in Erie? If you work full time, 6 rotations will amount to about 1440 hours.

Please let me know what you found out about this. I appreciate it.

Are you the bro that got your date switched? LECOM ERIE is my first choice. I haven't heard anyone got accepted yet. Could Nov. 16th be their first interview day?

I know they're on rolling admissions so I'll be happy If I can interview here as early as possible and hopefully get accepted before having to spend money on other schools.

Have you heard anything else?
My friend got accepted there