Lecom Erie class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, so far I sent in the fee and they emailed me back about the transcripts. I also got an email about the drug screening and background check. Did anyone else get that email too?!

Once you submitted everything it took about 3 weeks to hear back from them. Lecom is pretty fast with everything compared to other schools. Goodluck!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Just had my acceptance letter.....so excited ....goodluck to those still waiting

Yes, so far I sent in the fee and they emailed me back about the transcripts. I also got an email about the drug screening and background check. Did anyone else get that email too?!

Once you submitted everything it took about 3 weeks to hear back from them. Lecom is pretty fast with everything compared to other schools. Goodluck!! :)
Yeah I got those emails too! I submitted both, but when do you actually take the drug test?? I just submitted fifty bucks and it said they will notify my status in a few days... But I didn't take any drug test???

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I got those emails too! I submitted both, but when do you actually take the drug test?? I just submitted fifty bucks and it said they will notify my status in a few days... But I didn't take any drug test???

I'm done with background check , completed and released the result to schools. I have done drug test 2 weeks ago too but they still have not completed.
I think you need to print the forms from Certiphi website and come to a Lab( they give you the address in a form to search in your area) for urine collecting. I did this 2 weeks ago and still have not heard any thing from the company yet.

hey, I interviewed on november 20 and still waiting to hear back on the decision, anyone know how long it takes to get the letter in the mail?

I'm done with background check , completed and released the result to schools. I have done drug test 2 weeks ago too but they still have not completed.
I think you need to print the forms from Certiphi website and come to a Lab( they give you the address in a form to search in your area) for urine collecting. I did this 2 weeks ago and still have not heard any thing from the company yet.
My back group check is completed, but is it automatically release? They sent me so many emails and I'm kinda confusing :()

I submitted my supplemental on Nov 20 and my status still has not changed. It says check the folder to see the requirements you need to fulfill. I have emailed admissions my classes for spring but have not gotten a response. I don't want to be picky by calling them, but I am confused as to why they haven't updated it yet when I sent them my classes on Nov 22. Anyone have this happen or any suggestions?

Hello everyone,

I got an invitation for interview about 2 weeks ago and I scheduled an interview time at Portlet right away. However, I forgot to send Angela a confirmation letter . It has been two week already. I just checked Lecom Portlet, my appointment time is still there. Just wonder whether it is still valid or not? Have anyone had the same situation? If you have, did she cancel yours for not confirming with her within a week? Thank you.

Hello everyone,

I got an invitation for interview about 2 weeks ago and I scheduled an interview time at Portlet right away. However, I forgot to send Angela a confirmation letter . It has been two week already. I just checked Lecom Portlet, my appointment time is still there. Just wonder whether it is still valid or not? Have anyone had the same situation? If you have, did she cancel yours for not confirming with her within a week? Thank you.

your good. she doesn't respond back anyways. She will send you a confirmation a week before your interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know is there any apartment for rent that is walking distant to lecom campus. If they do, can you guys send me the link or tell me generally how much does it cost for a single apartment or studio at one of these apartments ? Thank u!

Do you guys know is there any apartment for rent that is walking distant to lecom campus. If they do, can you guys send me the link or tell me generally how much does it cost for a single apartment or studio at one of these apartments ? Thank u!

your welcome! yep, I believe there are apartments for rent. When you log-in to your LECOM portal, after you click on the Admissions tab, there is a tab that says Roommate forum. Best if you ask around in the forum to get more reliable answers :)

Thanks a lot Snickersrx! I think I saw the forum there but mostly just to look for roommates. Let me go back and check it out again. I may get some information from it. Thanks again :)

I just got acceptance letter yesterday too. I'm so excited it since lecome it's my first choice ;))...
Do we have a fb for lecom 2017 yet??
I applied for MCPHS- Worcester too. But I chose lecom bc it offers cheaper tuition ;)
Can you share some experiences in your interview? Like what kind of questions did they ask and how should I prepare for it? I am going soon, so I am kind of nervous. I was lucky enough to get an interview offer but I am so scared and worried about the interview and acceptant thing. I am an old old grandma who had been on and off school many time for working to survive. My life was a rough path. Getting into pharmacy school is like a light at the end of the tunnel for me. I want it badly!

How did your interview go? Can you share this grandma and other some tips on the interview? Thanks

The interview is not as bad just a lil intimidating since its a group interview. It also depends on who is interviewing you. They just ask us basic questions why pharmacy and why do you think you can handle the 3 year program and all that. They focus a lot on helping out the community so just show them how much you care about the community and how you would like to help. Besides that its not that bad. If you haven't taken the pcat then they will ask you to write an essay. Goodluck and don't stress too much. You will do fine :)

The interview is not as bad just a lil intimidating since its a group interview. It also depends on who is interviewing you. They just ask us basic questions why pharmacy and why do you think you can handle the 3 year program and all that. They focus a lot on helping out the community so just show them how much you care about the community and how you would like to help. Besides that its not that bad. If you haven't taken the pcat then they will ask you to write an essay. Goodluck and don't stress too much. You will do fine :)
Thank you so much Parthvi Patel. I really appreciate your help! Congratulations on your acceptance to Lecom and Merry Xmas :)!

just scheduled my interview for january 14th! anyone else? so excited!

Got an interview invite today. Haven't scheduled the date.

I have an interview January 28th! I'm so nervous/excited at the same time, this is my first choice school! Does anyone have any tips or helpful hints for the interview? It will be my first pharmacy school interview ever. Fingers crossed!!

I'm nervous about the group interview! Did you all get a chance to talk (like did you guys go one at a time) or did you have to "fight" to get a chance to talk.... Thanks!

I'm nervous about the group interview! Did you all get a chance to talk (like did you guys go one at a time) or did you have to "fight" to get a chance to talk.... Thanks!

For my group interview, everyone got an equal chance to talk. Sometimes you can volunteer to answer the question and sometimes they choose you randomly. But everyone gets a chance to answer the question. It might also depend on who is interviewing you as well. Good luck!

I will be giving up my seat. One more seat for you guys :) Good luck!

I have an interview January 28th! I'm so nervous/excited at the same time, this is my first choice school! Does anyone have any tips or helpful hints for the interview? It will be my first pharmacy school interview ever. Fingers crossed!!
What time is your interview? I have an interview on 28th of January as well :) This is also my first pharmacy school interview and I am very nervous too. I am kind of shy and scared of public speaking. I hope we both get into the school. Good luck to both of us!

By the way, how is the weather in LECOM Erie campus right now? Anyone knows? Is it cold, snowy and slippery right now over there? I am thinking about wearing a few inches heels to go well with my formal interview clothes but I am not sure whether it will be a good idea because I heard it is very snowy in Erie. I cannot wear boot because it is not formal and it does not match my trousers. Guy, any thought? Thanks

Okay. I'll try to get flats. Thank you! By the way, in my confirm interview attendance email, it said the first part of the interview is curriculum. Any of you guys know what they are going to talk about in this session? Thanks

So I got the email about the background check and what not and I paid the $53 but I haven't gotten my letter yet. Does anyone know what this means?

Did you mean letter of acceptant? I got something similar but from WVU last week when I did not even submit my supplemental application yet, but then they canceled it and sent me a link to submit my supplemental application instead. Check with them by email or phone to make sure. Good luck! I hope you get in :)

Okay. I'll try to get flats. Thank you! By the way, in my confirm interview attendance email, it said the first part of the interview is curriculum. Any of you guys know what they are going to talk about in this session? Thanks
Ciriculum.

What time is your interview? I have an interview on 28th of January as well :) This is also my first pharmacy school interview and I am very nervous too. I am kind of shy and scared of public speaking. I hope we both get into the school. Good luck to both of us!

I am supposed to arrive at 1015! Goodluck to you too! Don't worry I am nervous too!

just received my acceptance letter.. will be depositing soon!! Should I make a Facebook group for everyone?

just received my acceptance letter.. will be depositing soon!! Should I make a Facebook group for everyone?

Congrats on your acceptance!! I received an email about background check too. After you pay they will send you an email when your background check is done and you can check your status. You can make a Facebook group and post a link here!!

I am supposed to arrive at 1015! Goodluck to you too! Don't worry I am nervous too!
Thank you. I am packing and trying to stay calm :) Me too. My interview is from 10:15-2:30. See you there soon! I cross my fingers for us :)!

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck, and don't be nervous, Aeron. You will be fine. People at the school are very nice!
Aww...You are so sweet! Thank you very much nht800. You make me feel better already and more hopeful :)!

Reactions: 1 user
This is my first choice school mostly because the accelerated 3 year program. Hoping that I have enough to score an Interview. My stats are
3.35 GPA
BA in Biomedical Science minor in Biomedical Physics
Took the pcat once a while back got a 72
2 years of medical assistant experience.

I want to hear from others that are applying here for 2014 (class of 2017)
I did my interview on the 20th of January , but I didn't get replay soon . I got acceptance letter from MCPHS .

Last edited:
I did interview on the 20th of Jan waiting my result . The group interview was pretty good. Don't be nervous be calm & express it . You will make it . Good luck . I have BSC in biology & 3.8 GPA . Your GPA is great ,,, please don't be nervous again you will be ok .

Sent from sami iPad using SDN Mobile

Just got my interview done. I like LECOM a lot! Everyone is nice and sincere. The campus is so nice and clean. The airline canceled my connection to Erie due to bad weather and the next earliest flight was an hour after my interview. Luckily, there were three PA residents who were so kind and friendly, they took me with them on the car rental to Erie and wished me luck. It is a nice experience even the connection was bad. I wish I am accepted and will come back to LECOM to study in this coming August.

do we have to do a drug check and background check? My drug test was $53 and background check $15... did everyone pay both? i am just confused because the email i received said i hadn't completed everything but i thought i did what it told me to do when i first received it from the application station. thanks!!