2018 LECOM Erie (Fall 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krlg11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I have not seen a new thread for the 2015 entering class application cycle, so here it is! I have already submitted through PharmCAS and my application was verified on 7/27/14. I was asked to complete a supplemental 8/27/14, and have already paid and submitted for that as well! Next stop is getting an interview!! Any other students out there looking to apply for this coming year!? If so, I hope to see you at the interview;)

Members don't see this ad.

Try your best to not to go here. Unless you want a diploma mill degree In a job market where it matters where you go to school. Do yourselves a favor and don't go here. You have been warned. GL I hope you all get into your 1st choice school! (Which I hope to god is not LECOM)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have received an interview!! I look forward to meeting other hopeful students on October 14, 2014 in our group interview!! :clap:

Try your best to not to go here. Unless you want a diploma mill degree In a job market where it matters where you go to school. Do yourselves a favor and don't go here. You have been warned. GL I hope you all get into your 1st choice school! (Which I hope to god is not LECOM)

I am terrified to hear why you feel so strongly about this school! Care to share? I am extremely interested!!

What confuses me is how people can say that schools only accept people to get tuition money or to be a "diploma mill". Why on earth would any student that worked hard to apply and get into schools, go to a school to pay tuition for X amount of years, to fail all of their state exams at the end? No student would put themselves through the stress of pharmacy school to get a degree when they need a lot more than that to practice and be licensed. I am extremely interested in the field, as well as in LECOM Erie, and I feel as if the time, money, and energy I would put into earning my degree would be well worth it when I go to take my exams in the state of New York after my graduation.

What confuses me is how people can say that schools only accept people to get tuition money or to be a "diploma mill". Why on earth would any student that worked hard to apply and get into schools, go to a school to pay tuition for X amount of years, to fail all of their state exams at the end? No student would put themselves through the stress of pharmacy school to get a degree when they need a lot more than that to practice and be licensed. I am extremely interested in the field, as well as in LECOM Erie, and I feel as if the time, money, and energy I would put into earning my degree would be well worth it when I go to take my exams in the state of New York after my graduation.

When I was a high school student, I worked for a LECOM pharmacy graduate who told me the Pennsylvania school did not prepare him to pass the NYS boards. On their own time and money, several LECOM students went to UB for weekend tutoring/training on some specific procedures that weren't covered at LECOM. He felt he wouldn't have passed the boards otherwise.

Hopefully things have improved, as this was about 10 years ago. But seeing they now offer a distance learning program, I doubt it.

I have received an interview!! I look forward to meeting other hopeful students on October 14, 2014 in our group interview!! :clap:

I received an invite too and selected October 14!! see you there!

I received an invite too and selected October 14!! see you there!
Congrats on your interview!!! How did it go?? I have my interview on Nov. 11th does anyone else have an interview on my date?

I had my interview on 10/21, and got acceptance letter on 11/3, :happy:, i am looking for housing:(...anyway, good luck to evryone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely... Best of luck to you, ;)Is this school your first choice?

Yes, I do now, but i will wait until before school starts.

Hello everyone,

I was scheduled for an interview on 11/18 but I was stuck in Philadelphia Airport on the night of 11/17 because all the connecting flights to Erie got cancelled for the night. In the morning, the only earliest flight would arrive in Erie probably 2 hours after my interview and they were not sure it would not be cancelled due to bad weather. I ended up missed my interview. I emailed the secretary the night my flights were cancelled and I emailed her my proof of cancel flights in the morning. However, she has not responded back to me at all. Do anyone have the same situation? Did anyone attend the interview on 11/18 at 10:30 am and made it on time? Thank you

Hi all! Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted to attend LECOM in Erie for the upcoming pharmacy classes! Best of luck to those of you still interviewing. I just wanted to drop by to let you know our company provides housing for students. Many of our rentals are located close to LECOM, within walking distance or just a couple miles of drive time. We are still waiting on renewals from our current students but will start updating our website soon with our available places. You can keep up to date with us at ErieStudentRentals.com . We also have a waiting list, if you'd like to be added to that, just let me know! Best of luck to you all!

Is Erie still accepting applications with extensions?

Is anybody on the alternate list for Erie ?! I'm and I'm getting nervous cause I haven't received any calls or notifications yet!!!

If I won't have my prerequisites completed by the time I apply, will I automatically be placed on the alternate or wait list? I have a few lab classes that I haven't completed yet, so I'm worried about that.

Also, Erie requires 2 semesters of English. Do they mean 2 writing courses?

If I won't have my prerequisites completed by the time I apply, will I automatically be placed on the alternate or wait list? I have a few lab classes that I haven't completed yet, so I'm worried about that.

Also, Erie requires 2 semesters of English. Do they mean 2 writing courses?
English should be like comm 1 and comm 2. Whatever is required for you to get a general degree.

English should be like comm 1 and comm 2. Whatever is required for you to get a general degree.
Is comm 1 and comm 2 public speaking?
My school doesn't offer public speaking. The only thing that's required here is writing, and I was allowed to skip the first semester because of my SAT scores.

I was wondering if I had to go out of my way to take 2 English courses (reading/analyzing books) or if my one writing course counted for it.

Is comm 1 and comm 2 public speaking?
My school doesn't offer public speaking. The only thing that's required here is writing, and I was allowed to skip the first semester because of my SAT scores.

I was wondering if I had to go out of my way to take 2 English courses (reading/analyzing books) or if my one writing course counted for it.
No public speaking is typically a seperate course. You prob will. My gf got a 5 on her AP lit class in hs and received credit for comm 2 from her college. But then if she were to go to lecom they said she would have to go back and take comm 2 even though she already had credit for the course towards her degree. None the less she didn't go to lecom. Lol