LECOM - Erie Interview Discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For discussion of the school noted above for INTERVIEW DATES ONLY!. Threads will be merged in here if they are created on their own. If you are looking for the general discussion thread, please check here to find the appropriate thread.

Members don't see this ad.

got one on November 15th. My first interview...feels good.

got one on November 15th. My first interview...feels good.

Congrats! That must be a great feeling. How long did you hear back after submitting your secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who already interviewed there this year, do they still follow the usual set of questions?

Congrats! That must be a great feeling. How long did you hear back after submitting your secondary?

Sent in the App between 10th-15th of September (can't remember sorry), got confirmation that it was complete the 20th, and got an interview today (29th).

Sent in the App between 10th-15th of September (can't remember sorry), got confirmation that it was complete the 20th, and got an interview today (29th).

Thanks!!

anyone else interviewing at lecom-erie on nov 9? looking for some good advice about the interview itself, and good places to check out in erie while there. staying with some friends parents, but planning on renting a car to check the place out a little bit. looking forward to visiting the school. peace.

Does LECOM send the interview invite via email or snail mail?

There seems to be no consistency in there response time, some people it seems got it in a week, for some it took 2 weeks. Others like a month, geez so hard to predict, schools need to have a set response time/pattern ...LOL

Dropping in to say goodluck to all the applicants. It seems as if it were yesterday when I was in your shoes. If anyone has any q's about the school PM and I will try to get back to you ASAP.

Personally, I'm loving it. It's a nice experience, and the best thing is that mostly everyone is out of state so when you come here, even though there's not much to do lol, you feel like you and all your friends are here to rock the classes. Which, should be your #1 priority. Anyway, goodluck to all!

anyone else interviewing at lecom-erie on nov 9? looking for some good advice about the interview itself, and good places to check out in erie while there. staying with some friends parents, but planning on renting a car to check the place out a little bit. looking forward to visiting the school. peace.

Definitely Presque Isle!!!!

Where is everyone staying? Are you renting a car to get from the airport/hotel to the school? My husband is planning for his December interview so I'm trying to help him figure things out. He's almost positive he'll have to rent a car because he's not getting in until 10:45 and not sure how he would get from the hotel to the school. Any good hotel recommendations?

I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Erie. I've never been to Erie, but most Holiday Inn Express hotels are simple and clean. It's only 3 miles from the school. I'll be driving to Erie using my own car because it's only about 4 hours from where I live.

Woohoo! Another fellow michigander heading to LECOM for an interview! :)

Maybe I'll see you there on thursday (Oct. 18th)?!

I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Erie. I've never been to Erie, but most Holiday Inn Express hotels are simple and clean. It's only 3 miles from the school. I'll be driving to Erie using my own car because it's only about 4 hours from where I live.

Im also from michigan and my interview is in December. :D I don't think I will be staying overnight, I might just go and come back the same day. The drive is not too bad Ive done it before.
Yay good luck everyone!

Woohoo! Another fellow michigander heading to LECOM for an interview! :)

Maybe I'll see you there on thursday (Oct. 18th)?!

Hey, :thumbup: for Ann Arbor!! What a coincidence, lol...I was originally invited for an interview on Oct. 18th but I had to switch it to the 26th because of a biochem exam conflict...good luck at your interview though!!

"You bought yo b***h to da Waffle Hut?"

HILARIOUS!!:laugh::laugh:

Thanks Desijigga!

They finally found my letter packet. I'm not entirely sure how an admissions office loses or misplaces something like that, because I'd imagine they go in the file as soon as they arrive. But anyway, I'm complete now.

Since I got an interview invite from Bradenton almost immediately after being complete, I wonder if that says anything about my chances for an interview at Erie.

And what's this about snakes?

"You bought yo b***h to da Waffle Hut?"

HILARIOUS!!:laugh::laugh:

Thanks Desijigga!

LOL isn't it absolutely hilarious. I loved that movie, especially the lady whose house Tom Hanks stays at. Absolutely marvelous movie, I haven't seen the older version of it, I heard its even better.

Texas I had a similar problem they said they forgot to add my MCAT to my file once they got it on 9/25. When I called thats when they noticed it I guess. I don't understand it either, unless the admissions office has a separate mailing dept.

[\Quote]
Texas I had a similar problem they said they forgot to add my MCAT to my file once they got it on 9/25. When I called thats when they noticed it I guess. I don't understand it either, unless the admissions office has a separate mailing dept.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute- I was under the impression that AACOMAS sent my MCAT scores. Do I have to fax them AGAIN to the schools with secondaries? I have no idea where the heck that paper is. I will have to see if I can pull it off the Internet.

AACOMAS does send your MCAT scores...