LECOM Erie, PA C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Group interview with three other students

were the questions basically the same as what is on here? Does each person answer the same question? Also, is it closed file?

Members don't see this ad.

were the questions basically the same as what is on here? Does each person answer the same question? Also, is it closed file?

The interview was closed file and the questions were pretty much the same as the ones here. I used SDN to prepared and I didn't get a question that threw me off. They take turns picking who goes first in each group, but you basically all get the same question or a varying form of the same question, if that makes sense. Good luck!

Thanks! When did they say you would know the decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! When did they say you would know the decision?

They said we should know within 30 days. :( But they also said the committee meets every Wednesday, so hopefully they made a decision yesterday :xf:

Does anyone here did not take PCAT, and had interview on November 6th?

So if anyone is going to be in Erie on Monday we should meet up. I'm traveling from out of state and I'll be staying in the Holiday Inn. Message me if anyone is going to be there tomorrow.

I am flying to Erie tomorrow but I am staying in econ. I am flying from CA

Anyone who interviewed on the sixth have a portal change or heard any news?

nope...but I called and they said they would maill by this friday

Good luck to everyone who was at the interview on the 13th!! The program seems pretty nice! It has a couple of strange rules, but overall it does seem like a good program. Especially for the cost of the tuition!! Good luck to everyone who has an interview coming up!! Hope your travels go much better than mine did!! Also, be sure to pack warm clothing!! It is FREEZING!! GOOD LUCK!! Let me know if anyone has any questions!

My portal updated saying a decision had been made, but I haven't received anything in the mail yet. I interviewed on the 6th.

I interviewed on the 13th and she told us that for those who interviewed the previous week letters would be sent out on Friday... or she hoped they would be sent out on Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anything from the Nov 6 interviewers? My portal still says "It was a pleasure interviewing you at LECOM Erie. The Admissions Committee will make a final decision on your application within 30 days and notify you of the decision."

So I just read these post by current students ... Maybe everyone should take a look at....
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=929953

After seeing what it's like there, then reading this, I've decided I prob won't go even if I am accepted. I'm afraid I would get deeply depressed. It'd be like going from university back to first grade, with one fixed classroom, attendance taken every 5 seconds, no leaving the building ever, no WATER... Actually maybe a prison is more fitting.

I went and read the student handbook of rules / fine print, it was like 300 PAGES. For comparison, I looked at those of a few other pharm schools, they were like 30 pages and 20 pages. Like how about disciplinary action could be taken if you are caught smoking a cigarette.... OFF CAMPUS. yeah.
Not about to willingly check myself into prison.

After seeing what it's like there, then reading this, I've decided I prob won't go even if I am accepted. I'm afraid I would get deeply depressed. It'd be like going from university back to first grade, with one fixed classroom, attendance taken every 5 seconds, no leaving the building ever, no WATER... Actually maybe a prison is more fitting.

I went and read the student handbook of rules / fine print, it was like 300 PAGES. For comparison, I looked at those of a few other pharm schools, they were like 30 pages and 20 pages. Like how about disciplinary action could be taken if you are caught smoking a cigarette.... OFF CAMPUS. yeah.
Not about to willingly check myself into prison.

haha I just don't know if I can be behind bars for three years.... I am pretty sure that we were in the same interview group.

haha I just don't know if I can be behind bars for three years.... I am pretty sure that we were in the same interview group.
I think so! I'm Emily, I assume you're Joshua? I thought it was just not a great experience being there. Really hope I have some other options and you too, I got the sense you're a strong applicant, especially during that super uncomfortable group interview.

Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it, and good luck to you as well. That group interview was probably one of the most awkward things I have experienced. I'm sure you will do well in your upcoming interviews! Good Luck!!

Does anyone know that they make the decision for who had interview on Nov 20th yet?

Does anyone know that they make the decision for who had interview on Nov 20th yet?

Yes. It seems everyone who interviewed on November 20 and before should be receiving letters soon.

We must be on the same interview day, Nov. 20!
My portal has changed to "decision made". How about yours?

Mine is still " under review" and i had interviewed on Nov 20

I interviewed on 11/20 and my status says
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days... anyone else says the same thing?

I interviewed on 11/20 and my status says
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days... anyone else says the same thing?

My portal says: "Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made" and i interviewed on nov 20

Does anyone know what the Admission status in the portal says for acceptance??
And has anyone gotten accepted yet, if so what was your portal status?

My portal said the same thing.

We have to wait to see the letter, as the portal won't tell.

What's your stats? If you don't mind sharing.

No one has heard back yet. Those of us that interviewed on Nov. 6th are still waiting. They said they would send decision letters out the week after Thanksgiving. :mad:

lol, at this point i guess it is what it is, anyone decided to accept elsewhere due to the wait?

one of my friends who interviewed on nov.6th found out they were waitlisted...

My portal said the same thing.

We have to wait to see the letter, as the portal won't tell.

What's your stats? If you don't mind sharing.

3.2 overall GPA
25% pcat
4 years experience
hbu?

3.2 overall GPA
25% pcat
4 years experience
hbu?

Thanks!

Someone from last year's forum said: longer wait often indicates acceptance and waitlisted. I wonder why you and me had portal change so fast...

I guess we should not put too much thoughts into this, just wait to see...

Thanks!

Someone from last year's forum said: longer wait often indicates acceptance and waitlisted. I wonder why you and me had portal change so fast...

I guess we should not put too much thoughts into this, just wait to see...

On a different forum I read the opposite, so i guess we will c within the next week or so, but good luck=)

Sorry, it takes me a while to figure out "hbu?"

3.9 GPA overall
No PCAT, with BS in biology
No related experience

If u had no Pcat, what was the topic for your essay ?? Thank you

Can u guys help me with the topic of essay plz ??? I am so nervous

I am a current student here at LECOM. If there is anything I can help you with please PM me. I can go over any questions with you and if I dont know them then I will try to find the answers for you. As far as interviews are concerned, do not worry. BE YOURSELF. The staff here are for the most part very friendly. The interview is a group interview and it is a very calm atmosphere. Do not panic and be yourself. Practice some questions found here off of studentdoctor. Best of luck everyone!

Has anyone received a letter? I interviewed on the 13th and still haven't received one! My portal has been changed for some time now!

Has anyone received a letter? I interviewed on the 13th and still haven't received one! My portal has been changed for some time now!

How does your portal change? What does it say if you dont mind?

I am a current student here at LECOM. If there is anything I can help you with please PM me. I can go over any questions with you and if I dont know them then I will try to find the answers for you. As far as interviews are concerned, do not worry. BE YOURSELF. The staff here are for the most part very friendly. The interview is a group interview and it is a very calm atmosphere. Do not panic and be yourself. Practice some questions found here off of studentdoctor. Best of luck everyone!

Thank you being here. Do you remember when did your interview and how long did you hear from them?