LECOM Erie, PA C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi I am scheduled to interview 2/19!!! So excited but nervous.
3.98 science GPA
4.0 non science GPA
Overall 65% pcat
86% in chemistry on pcat
Volunteer service at hospital, 150+ hours, and a few other smaller volunteering projects
In a pre-pharmacy group at my school
Have shadowed at hospital, local Walgreens and smaller independent pharmacy

What are my chances??
Anyone know when they usually reject people? Or what percent they interview and accept??
Thanks!

At my interview on 1/29, they let us know that 41 spots were already full. They said about 1/3 of the people at each interview would be accepted (i think they interview around 400 people total?), but not everyone would accept the offer. They said that all people at the interview are basically considered equal--if you get an interview, your gpa/work/pcat scores are good. The next step is just the interview process and seeing how you interact with people.. that will decide your fate.
I do know that I was accepted 2 days after my interview, and it looks like other people were accepted very quickly after theirs as well. If you check the portal, it'll show you if they've made their decision or not, then you just have to wait for the official letter in the mail!
Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad.

At my interview on 1/29, they let us know that 41 spots were already full. They said about 1/3 of the people at each interview would be accepted (i think they interview around 400 people total?), but not everyone would accept the offer. They said that all people at the interview are basically considered equal--if you get an interview, your gpa/work/pcat scores are good. The next step is just the interview process and seeing how you interact with people.. that will decide your fate.
I do know that I was accepted 2 days after my interview, and it looks like other people were accepted very quickly after theirs as well. If you check the portal, it'll show you if they've made their decision or not, then you just have to wait for the official letter in the mail!
Good luck! :)
okay great! thanks for the response!! hope to see you there next year if you end up going there!!

Interviewed on 1/29 and received an acceptance letter today. I am so excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I'm a P1 at LECOM this year and I'm willing to answer questions about life at the school for those who are interested. I really wanted to get in to LECOM when I applied last year, but I know I was concerned about all the negative reviews of the school.

So if you have questions about what it is actually like to go to school here, just ask and I will be happy to give you truthful answers.

Congratulations on those of you who got accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear!

LECOM erie
1. 3 years, tuition of about 23,000*3 years = 70,000 bucks by the time I graduate. + housing and other + DEFINITELY NEED A CAR FOR THIS SCHOOL
2. LECOM erie do lottery rotation and I need to go to rotation where they choose most likely.
3. So I will need a car for LECOM erie
4. No social life from what I heard. just studying
5. 2 years of curriculum + 1 year roation
6. 1 week break from winter, 1 month break during summer
7. Lecom Erie provides 750 hours of rotation to graduate, and I need to find my own intern hours of 750 hours to get licensed in PA
8. No on campus housing, I need to find my own place
9. Dirty weather
10. Large class(150)

Can you please tell me hows the life and how you like it there and HOW EASY IS TO FIND ROTATION AND WHAT HAPPENS IF I CAN NOT FIND ANYWHERE?

does anyone know if there's a LECOM class of 2016 facebook group?

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

LECOM erie
1. 3 years, tuition of about 23,000*3 years = 70,000 bucks by the time I graduate. + housing and other + DEFINITELY NEED A CAR FOR THIS SCHOOL
2. LECOM erie do lottery rotation and I need to go to rotation where they choose most likely.
3. So I will need a car for LECOM erie
4. No social life from what I heard. just studying
5. 2 years of curriculum + 1 year roation
6. 1 week break from winter, 1 month break during summer
7. Lecom Erie provides 750 hours of rotation to graduate, and I need to find my own intern hours of 750 hours to get licensed in PA
8. No on campus housing, I need to find my own place
9. Dirty weather
10. Large class(150)

Can you please tell me hows the life and how you like it there and HOW EASY IS TO FIND ROTATION AND WHAT HAPPENS IF I CAN NOT FIND ANYWHERE?

1. Tuition is cheap, almost as cheap as some state schools. And its 3 years so you don't have to pay for that last year.
2. You can do whatever rotation you want. If the rotation site you want isn't on their list, you can try and get it yourself. They use a program that does a lottery throughout the class but as long as your not picking something from Erie you will most likely get it.
3. I think about 90% of the class has a car with them, so a car is important.
4. If you want to have a social life this school is all about cramming until you get the important classes. People normally go out on Fridays and sometimes Saturdays.
5. First years sucks a lot, second year sucks, third year don't stay in Erie for rotations.
6. Enjoy the breaks as much as possible, and don't fail a class otherwise you wont have a break because you will find yourself studying. Get a nice long break the first summer.
7. Its nice if you have tech experience or work somewhere before you come especially if you plan on working in PA bc of the 750 hours.
8. LECOM doesn't have their own housing but Im pretty sure they're contracting with the apartment complex across the road. THey keep sprouting more and more apartments right across from the school.
9. Weather is really nice when its warm. Surprisingly they don't do that great of a job plowing the roads.
10. Class isn't that big, its a normal pharmacy class size, most new schools are starting around 90-100 and work their way up to 150. After the first year expect 140 in the class.

As far as the school goes, high stress, lots of studying, must be highly motivated. The workload doesn't slow down it only increases. If you really want 3 years and need to save the money, you get a pharmD out of it. Otherwise a 4 year program is more ideal and a lot less stressful. If I could go back in time, I would have chosen a 4 year school and enjoyed it a little more.

Thank you for your answers.
So I have been accepted to both LECOM ERIE and D'youville Pharmacy if you know where that is, it is in Buffalo and its status is candidate while LECOM ERIE is full accrediaated. and D'youville is 4 years and the shchool was estabilshed in 2010.(Tuition is about 28,000 per year and 4 years), nice roations system, they have 2 weeks of rotations every semester for 3 years
Do you suggest me to go to 4 years of D'youville or better established school of yours, LECOM ERIE? can you please be honest because this is my big decision right now before I need to get a car for LECOM ERIE.
Thank you again!
1. Tuition is cheap, almost as cheap as some state schools. And its 3 years so you don't have to pay for that last year.
2. You can do whatever rotation you want. If the rotation site you want isn't on their list, you can try and get it yourself. They use a program that does a lottery throughout the class but as long as your not picking something from Erie you will most likely get it.
3. I think about 90% of the class has a car with them, so a car is important.
4. If you want to have a social life this school is all about cramming until you get the important classes. People normally go out on Fridays and sometimes Saturdays.
5. First years sucks a lot, second year sucks, third year don't stay in Erie for rotations.
6. Enjoy the breaks as much as possible, and don't fail a class otherwise you wont have a break because you will find yourself studying. Get a nice long break the first summer.
7. Its nice if you have tech experience or work somewhere before you come especially if you plan on working in PA bc of the 750 hours.
8. LECOM doesn't have their own housing but Im pretty sure they're contracting with the apartment complex across the road. THey keep sprouting more and more apartments right across from the school.
9. Weather is really nice when its warm. Surprisingly they don't do that great of a job plowing the roads.
10. Class isn't that big, its a normal pharmacy class size, most new schools are starting around 90-100 and work their way up to 150. After the first year expect 140 in the class.

As far as the school goes, high stress, lots of studying, must be highly motivated. The workload doesn't slow down it only increases. If you really want 3 years and need to save the money, you get a pharmD out of it. Otherwise a 4 year program is more ideal and a lot less stressful. If I could go back in time, I would have chosen a 4 year school and enjoyed it a little more.

If you don't get accepted to other schools by August, pick Lecom. If you do, consider those options over Lecom.

If you don't get accepted to other schools by August, pick Lecom. If you do, consider those options over Lecom.
Can you elaborate more on this?
Are you Erie LEcom current student?
Is the school pretty bad?
Thank you for your input.

got my acceptance in the mail yesterday!!! couldnt be more thrilled. hope to see you guys there. :D

So with the supplemental complete, do I even go back to pharmcas anymore or just check the lecom portal for updates?

Anyone on the alternate list for Erie's Pharmacy program? I interviewed last Tuesday and I just got a alternate list form filled out and ready to mail to them today. They said 110/143 seats are already filled. What are my chances on getting accepted when they review them in May?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone on the alternate list for Erie's Pharmacy program? I interviewed last Tuesday and I just got a alternate list form filled out and ready to mail to them today. They said 110/143 seats are already filled. What are my chances on getting accepted when they review them in May?

I am on the alternate list too and interviewd last December. Do you know if they're still conducting interviews?

Yeah they are interviewing two more groups in April I think.

I am also in the same boat, I interviewed in Jan and got placed on the alternative list. I called a couple weeks ago and they said that interviews go until the end of April and that they start reviewing the alternative list in May.

I am also in the same boat, I interviewed in Jan and got placed on the alternative list. I called a couple weeks ago and they said that interviews go until the end of April and that they start reviewing the alternative list in May.

Yeah that's exactly what I've heard. Seriously though, best of luck to us who are waiting for a seat. It really is a brutal waiting game, that's for sure. Hopefully a good amount bail that just put a deposit down as a back up plan and get a seat where they actually want to go!

Edit: did your portal status change when you submitted the alternate list form?

Yeah once you submit your alternate list form your Admissions status will update and say they have received it

I sent mine out last Monday and it hasn't updated. Wonder how long it takes. Few more weeks and they will be goin over em.

Pretty much , mine just went to admissions committe review yesterday so took bout 2.5 weeks. Anyway will see what happens as I just threw this app together last minute to try and get in this cycle but will take PCAT in July and apply this coming cycle if needed.

Good luck man. Hope you don't have to apply again! This wait is brutal.

Does anyone know how long does the interview last? The email was very vague and the Lecom portal only shows date and starting time (10:15am). I chose April 30th due to finals, but I need the ending time to book my flight back home!!!!! Anyone@#$%@#$% HELP PLEASE!!!

thank you guys for responding

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FlavyFlav
As for wait list acceptance, my class (2013) accepted everyone on the wait list. The next year only saw a small portion accepted so it varies year to year depending on the application pool.

One thing I've discovered about interviews at LECOM is if you are offered an interview, then your application was good enough to be accepted. Hope you guys get some good news, our class had a large number accepted for residencies so things are looking quite good for the school not to mention the recent approval for 6-year accreditation.

I am glad to hear this. I honestly think LECOM wants this semesters transcripts and see how I do as I am also graduating in May. They said they will review applications who are on the alternate list after they are done interviewing and that was estimated in May as well. So to put the puzzle together for my situation I think I might have a shot

Right now I think my 3.0 is holding me back. I honestly think everything else went well because the interviewers were agreeing with my answers l, essay went well and my Pharmcas has a lot of information about my extracurriculars and work experience as well.

Phew!

Last edited:
Hi, how you doing? please wee you able to get the essay topic? Thanks

The essay is a very simple question and not really graded too heavily. It's all about communicating through writing and allowing the reader to understand and sense organization. Focus on interview. I'm not too sure if there are any restrictions on posting topics on the forum or to public.

When did you submit your application? It takes a week or so to process at Erie, a month at Bradenton. To hear back about a week to a month

You'll get an email about your interview. It takes about an 4-5 hours to get the whole on site interview done.

Hey does anyone else have an interview on the April 23rd?
I'm so nervous and have no idea what type of question's they're going to ask. I read all the posts on this forum but I'm still nervous.. Any suggestions?

They make you write an essay on the day of the interview? I'm so lost.. What exactly happens during the interview day??

Hello all...a quick question about the interview process at this school. Is it a group interview with other applicants or a 1-on-1 with a faculty member?

Thanks!

U only write an essay if you have a bachelors. i'm checking the interview feedback results for LECOM for possible questions they ask at the interview.

Will be interviewing at eerie tomorrow for what appears to be the last interview cycle based on what has been written here. Already interviewed at Bradenton though no decision yet.

Gotta love the presentation with them telling you all the seats are filled but if one opens up, you got a chance

I am currently on their waiting list and I interviewed early April. I don't really know how the process goes from here.

lightrose......don't mean to scare you, but Angie said that if seats are available then students from the alternate list will fill those seats and if they run out of alternate list then they will take students from waiting list. Its a long way, but it's not impossible. Good Luck!

Actually I believe it's the other way around. The wait list is who they go to when spot opens up and after that list, they go to the alternate

anyone know how to get alcohol screen done? i got the code for the drug screen from certipi, but i still need lab documentation for alcohol screen.

Ahh I see. It's very competitive, I was wondering if I have a chance with a 3.36 GPA, 3.42 Science GPA?

Congrats to those that have been accepted!!

Anybody looking for a roommate? I will be a 2nd year pharmacy student this upcoming August. My current roommate isn’t returning so I’m looking for a roommate….gender and sexual orientation don’t matter. I live in a brand new two-bedroom apartment in Laurel Springs right across the street from LECOM. If you’re looking for a place to live, please let me know. My email is [email protected].

Hi, I'm looking for a female roommate for a 2 bedroom apartment in Laurel Spring. If you are interested, please email me at [email protected]. Thanks.