LECOM-Erie Pharmacy Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those who already got an interview: did you have all your requirements done already? I am still waiting on 1 LOR.

edit: nvm, looks like they put apps on hold until they get the required LORs.

Last edited:
I live in PA, about 3.5 hours from Erie. For those that are considering flying, you are probably better off to fly into Harrisburg and rent a car. That would be cheaper and will also allow you to sight-see around Erie when you are there.

There is an international airport in Erie, so flying directly is a much cheaper option. I did that last year and its was much cheaper than flying to harrsiburg or pittsburg and then renting a car. Erie is a small town and there is much sight seeing to be done there seriously.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am planning on going there over the weekend and check out the town and the school, is anyone planning on doing that also?

havent booked the flights/hotel yet though.

i'm also from southern california! which airport are you flying out from?

i'm also from southern california! which airport are you flying out from?

john wayne, i live in Irvine.

when are you planning on flying out? i havent decided whether to go saturday to explore the city and school a bit or just get there monday.

you?

john wayne, i live in Irvine.

when are you planning on flying out? i havent decided whether to go saturday to explore the city and school a bit or just get there monday.

you?

I'm thinking about flying out from LAX since it's cheaper that way.. probably flying over night and getting there either on Sunday or Monday morning. Haven't decided yet because of hotel cost, transportation, etc.

did you attend UCI then by any chance? c/o 2011?

i am planning on going there over the weekend and check out the town and the school, is anyone planning on doing that also?

havent booked the flights/hotel yet though.

I'm going a day early to check out the city and get a feel for the area.

Yes I graduated UCI, but I graduated a bit early in 2010.

Flights to East Coast cost $500+! arg...
Do you guys want to meet up and check out the city or something?

btw, has anyone heard anything back from LECOM Bradenton? I've been stuck at admission comittee review for a week now.

attending alone, we can bring someone to the interview??:confused:

My sister is coming with me to Erie to check out the city. She wanted to see the school, but I assumed that only the applicants were allowed to go on the tour. Just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about that.

My sister is coming with me to Erie to check out the city. She wanted to see the school, but I assumed that only the applicants were allowed to go on the tour. Just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about that.

Oh I have no idea about that.

I booked my flight to get there Sunday night. Hope there are things to do there.

I'm arriving Monday morning if anyone wants to explore the city!

Members don't see this ad :)
LECOM Bradenton started sending out interview invites.

Had to reject because on the same day as another interview :mad:

I got the Bradenton interview sooo happy guys :)

Does anybody know if they look at science GPA calculated by PharmCAS, or they calculate their own pre-req GPA??!
The way PharmCAS calculates my science GPA(repeated coursed), it is slightly under their minimum?! Called them and left message no answer yet!!

Does anybody know if they look at science GPA calculated by PharmCAS, or they calculate their own pre-req GPA??!
The way PharmCAS calculates my science GPA(repeated coursed), it is slightly under their minimum?! Called them and left message no answer yet!!

I believe most schools take whatever PharmCAS gave them and then calculate themselves again. Since schools may have a different course list requirement so they want to know your GPA in those courses.

If it is slightly below, I would definitely let them know you are only a slightly lower. If you are more than 0.2 or 0.3 below...hmm might have to pursuade a little. I can only suggest general things without knowing your stats.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, Yes,literally slightly lower with PharmCAS, but if you take my repeated course into consideration it will be more thatn 3.0, I called both lake Erie and Bradenton and left message. We'll see. Just don't want to waste another $100 for the application and then they don't invite me for supplemental. :)

Thank you again and good luck with your interviewSSSS!

You are allowed to bring people with you for the tour. They can do everything with you except the actual interview. I heard spouses are encouraged to go

decided to add ERIE to my pharmcas as well hehe. hopefully i get an interview here too, goodluck guys :)

It says i am missing one pre-req of Economics, and I send them an email saying I will be taking that next semester, and they said they'll update that. Now I am not sure, would I even get an interview before then or they would wait for me to finish taking that ONE class and then call me up?

It says i am missing one pre-req of Economics, and I send them an email saying I will be taking that next semester, and they said they'll update that. Now I am not sure, would I even get an interview before then or they would wait for me to finish taking that ONE class and then call me up?

They will still consider you for an interview. I am working through my last ochem now, but they told me that it wouldn't delay my application and I got an interview. If you are unsure, though, send them an email.

I haven't been able to find any other Penn State students interested in pharmacy school, but I thought I would share this anyway. LECOM will be attending Penn State's Medical and Pharmacy School Day on October 19th from 11am-2pm. Anyone who lives nearby may be interested in visiting their booth and asking questions!

PM me if you want more info!

Sorry to post AGAIN, but I got a call from the school asking me to reschedule my interview.

Have other people rescheduled, and if so, when? I'm concerned because my hotel won't let me change my registration without charging me for both reservations!

^what date did they ask you to reschedule to?

I just got an invite today for 11/15 (I sent my supp last week if anyone is curious). What website did u guys use to buy plane tickets? and what airport do we fly to?

Thanks guys! :)

^what date did they ask you to reschedule to?

I just got an invite today for 11/15 (I sent my supp last week if anyone is curious). What website did u guys use to buy plane tickets? and what airport do we fly to?

Thanks guys! :)

Actually by the time I called back, they found someone else to switch. I had just been on the phone with the hotel and I was so happy that I didn't have to switch!

Withdrew. Even though it's a good school, I don't like the location.
Good luck, guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
did the 11/1 interviewee receive an email that the interview is now a group interview?!

I confirmed a couple weeks ago for my interview on 11/15. Very excited/nervous!! I know a couple people who go to the school and they seem to really like it :).There are rumors that they are changing the interviewing process this year for incoming students. Hopefully thats a good thing! Good luck to everyone who has interviews on 11/1!!

I'm down! what's there to do?

They emailed us a website of lists of things to do and places to eat but I don't really know where I would want to go.. possibly downtown? Let me know if there's something you're interested in exploring!

I confirmed a couple weeks ago for my interview on 11/15. Very excited/nervous!! I know a couple people who go to the school and they seem to really like it :).There are rumors that they are changing the interviewing process this year for incoming students. Hopefully thats a good thing! Good luck to everyone who has interviews on 11/1!!

It looks like they changed it from two-on-one interview to a group interview! =/ i am now officially terrified haha

It looks like they changed it from two-on-one interview to a group interview! =/ i am now officially terrified haha

really? how do u know about the change?

I kinda like it actually, that means if they try to grill us everyone gets grilled and you won't feel lonely and scared all by yourself lol

Withdrew. Even though it's a good school, I don't like the location.
Good luck, guys!

I know location is a matter of preference, but would you mind sharing why you don't like it? I've never been there, so I'm curious if its not a nice place. Thanks!

Are you from penn state?!?!

I received all the stuff from Bradenton but heard absolutely nothing from Erie. :shrug:

yup I'm from penn state behrend! =] I just graduated last year with a chemistry degree. You too I take it?

yup I'm from penn state behrend! =] I just graduated last year with a chemistry degree. You too I take it?

Yay! I am at University Park and I'll be finishing my BS in May. I haven't met a single other person from PSU that is applying to pharm school. Too bad we aren't interviewing on the same day -- I go Nov. 1st.

really? how do u know about the change?

I kinda like it actually, that means if they try to grill us everyone gets grilled and you won't feel lonely and scared all by yourself lol

They emailed us the interview agenda and it said "group interview" =[

Yay! I am at University Park and I'll be finishing my BS in May. I haven't met a single other person from PSU that is applying to pharm school. Too bad we aren't interviewing on the same day -- I go Nov. 1st.

I'm also interview Nov 1st! When are you planning to arrive in Erie?

Good luck tomorrow!! Hope everything goes well for ya! =]

please let us know how the interview goes! :)

Hey everyone, the interview today went really well. I was pretty nervous, but it wasn't super intimidating (its my first interview so I don't have anything to compare it to!). The order of events went something like this:

-Arrive and wait in the cafeteria (my advice, just start talking to the other people-- it helped me relax). There were A LOT of people there -- close to thirty!

-We broke off into groups of five or six (your nametag will have a colored dot on it to denote your group) for the tours, which were fairly short.

-There is a short break before the interview. Take advantage of it and use the restroom and eat a granola bar. My stomach was growling near the end of the interview -- hope no one heard it! :oops:

-The tour ended at the interview rooms. My group consisted of two guys, three girls. They asked a question and went around with each person answering, but they alternated who got to answer first.

-The questions were very straightforward (don't be afraid to ask them repeat it if you are the fourth person to answer, cause sometimes people go on tangents in their answers. You want to make sure you answer the actual prompt!)

-My interviewers were very nice (there were two of them) and they didn't harass any of our answers.

Overall, try not to be nervous (if you can), be friendly and smile. At the end of the interview, I made sure to thank the interviewers and shake hands with them (I was the only one in my group to do this). These guys will be on the adcom the following day, so try to make a positive lasting impression!

Good luck!!! Let me know how it goes!

EDIT: Also at the end they will ask you if you have any questions for them. I would recommend having one or two meaningful questions to show that you have really looked into their program!

Last edited:
Hey everyone, the interview today went really well. I was pretty nervous, but it wasn't super intimidating (its my first interview so I don't have anything to compare it to!). The order of events went something like this:

-Arrive and wait in the cafeteria (my advice, just start talking to the other people-- it helped me relax). There were A LOT of people there -- close to thirty!

-We broke off into groups of five or six (your nametag will have a colored dot on it to denote your group) for the tours, which were fairly short.

-There is a short break before the interview. Take advantage of it and use the restroom and eat a granola bar. My stomach was growling near the end of the interview -- hope no one heard it! :oops:

-The tour ended at the interview rooms. My group consisted of two guys, three girls. They asked a question and went around with each person answering, but they alternated who got to answer first.

-The questions were very straightforward (don't be afraid to ask them repeat it if you are the fourth person to answer, cause sometimes people go on tangents in their answers. You want to make sure you answer the actual prompt!)

-My interviewers were very nice (there were two of them) and they didn't harass any of our answers.

Overall, try not to be nervous (if you can), be friendly and smile. At the end of the interview, I made sure to thank the interviewers and shake hands with them (I was the only one in my group to do this). These guys will be on the adcom the following day, so try to make a positive lasting impression!

Good luck!!! Let me know how it goes!

EDIT: Also at the end they will ask you if you have any questions for them. I would recommend having one or two meaningful questions to show that you have really looked into their program!

im glad your interview went well! and thanks for the detailed experience + advice. Was your interview open file btw? (like did they have your pharmcas gpa + essays and stuff)?

im glad your interview went well! and thanks for the detailed experience + advice. Was your interview open file btw? (like did they have your pharmcas gpa + essays and stuff)?

Since it was a group interview, I don't think it was. They never mentioned anything file specific. They only had a few papers that they took notes on.

Does LECOM send supplemental App. for every applicants?
It has been about 10 days since pharmcas has sent my app. package, but i didn't receive the supplemental application.