LECOM-Erie Pharmacy Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmm that's odd. I received an email with information regarding the supplemental app the same day that PharmCAS showed my app as being mailed. On the the PharmCAS website it says all "qualified applicants" will receive the email. Maybe you should try emailing the school? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm that's odd. I received an email with information regarding the supplemental app the same day that PharmCAS showed my app as being mailed. On the the PharmCAS website it says all "qualified applicants" will receive the email. Maybe you should try emailing the school? :confused:
Thanks

Hey everyone, the interview today went really well. I was pretty nervous, but it wasn't super intimidating (its my first interview so I don't have anything to compare it to!). The order of events went something like this:

-Arrive and wait in the cafeteria (my advice, just start talking to the other people-- it helped me relax). There were A LOT of people there -- close to thirty!

-We broke off into groups of five or six (your nametag will have a colored dot on it to denote your group) for the tours, which were fairly short.

-There is a short break before the interview. Take advantage of it and use the restroom and eat a granola bar. My stomach was growling near the end of the interview -- hope no one heard it! :oops:

-The tour ended at the interview rooms. My group consisted of two guys, three girls. They asked a question and went around with each person answering, but they alternated who got to answer first.

-The questions were very straightforward (don't be afraid to ask them repeat it if you are the fourth person to answer, cause sometimes people go on tangents in their answers. You want to make sure you answer the actual prompt!)

-My interviewers were very nice (there were two of them) and they didn't harass any of our answers.

Overall, try not to be nervous (if you can), be friendly and smile. At the end of the interview, I made sure to thank the interviewers and shake hands with them (I was the only one in my group to do this). These guys will be on the adcom the following day, so try to make a positive lasting impression!

Good luck!!! Let me know how it goes!

EDIT: Also at the end they will ask you if you have any questions for them. I would recommend having one or two meaningful questions to show that you have really looked into their program!

Did they let you know how long after the interview they would contact you? I dont know why I'm getting so nervous about the interview LOL.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview here on Nov. 15th, anyone else on that date?

Last edited:
Accepted today to LECOM-Erie School of Pharmacy Class of 2015!!!! Woohoo! :)

If you're freaking out cause your portal says a decision has NOT been made, don't worry! That is what mine said.

Those who have not interviewed yet, I interviewed on a Tuesday and heard back the following Monday!!

Good luck to all the other applicants!

Accepted today to LECOM-Erie School of Pharmacy Class of 2015!!!! Woohoo! :)

If you're freaking out cause your portal says a decision has NOT been made, don't worry! That is what mine said.

Those who have not interviewed yet, I interviewed on a Tuesday and heard back the following Monday!!

Good luck to all the other applicants!

Congrats! Do u mind sharing ur stats please ? :)

Congrats! Do u mind sharing ur stats please ? :)

Not at all.

Cum gpa: 3.69
Sci gpa: 3.5
PCAT: 91% overall (really low (54%) on math, though!)
Only 3 months pharmacy tech experience
Research and leadership

Having more pharmacy experience/research will definitely help make up for a lower gpa. Also, the PCAT isn't required if you have a BS!

Yesssss! So excited, just got accepted to Erie college of pharmacy today. I interviewed November 1st. I also interviewed at Bradenton campus on October 20 but got waitlisted.

Yesssss! So excited, just got accepted to Erie college of pharmacy today. I interviewed November 1st. I also interviewed at Bradenton campus on October 20 but got waitlisted.

do you mind sharing ur stats please? or pm me?
I was also waitlisted by Bradenton for the Oct. 20 interview and i'm wondering whether I should miss class (and a quiz!) and go to Erie interview since I dun wnna be waitlisted again :/

thanks and congrats :)

do you mind sharing ur stats please? or pm me?
I was also waitlisted by Bradenton for the Oct. 20 interview and i'm wondering whether I should miss class (and a quiz!) and go to Erie interview since I dun wnna be waitlisted again :/

thanks and congrats :)

I have a BS and a cum gpa of 3.3 and sci gpa of 3.1. I also have over a year of pharmacy experience.

I have a BS and a cum gpa of 3.3 and sci gpa of 3.1. I also have over a year of pharmacy experience.

thanks for sharing! was ur interview closed file?
b/c over in bradenton they had my grades and pharmcas app during the interview.

thanks for sharing! was ur interview closed file?
b/c over in bradenton they had my grades and pharmcas app during the interview.

When we interviewed at Erie they never had our apps on hand. It was basically just two professors interviewing us in groups of 5 or 6 and all they had in front of them were a sheet of questions and a piece of paper to take notes on us.

I just got an email for an invite for interview on Dec 6th. Anyone else got one for that date?

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who have already been accepted to LECOM Erie,

How soon do you need to accept your offer by? And I was also wondering how much the deposit is?

Thank you!

To those who have already been accepted to LECOM Erie,

How soon do you need to accept your offer by? And I was also wondering how much the deposit is?

Thank you!

They specify a date in your offer letter, but its about 30 days after you receive the letter. The deposit is $500

Cancelling my interview here as I got accepted in state. Goodluck to everyone!

Hey guys! I am new to this whole SDN thing, but figured I would join in. I applied to LECOM and have an interview on the 28th. Was wondering how everyone else's interviews have gone so far and if anyone wanted to share for all these November interviews! :D

hello. I am new here and just submitted my application for lake Erie. Does anyone know how many seats are left? I submitted my application today (11/18) and I feel like I am really late on applying although the deadline is not until March.

I just got my acceptance letter for LECOM Erie!!!! =D My interview was on the 15th. They gave me till December 21st to submit my $500 deposite which I will absolutely be doing!!! =] Good luck to everyone who has upcoming interviews!

Reactions: 1 user
I just got my acceptance letter for LECOM Erie!!!! =D My interview was on the 15th. They gave me till December 21st to submit my $500 deposite which I will absolutely be doing!!! =] Good luck to everyone who has upcoming interviews!

Congrats! I submitted my deposit on Monday, so I will be seeing you next fall!

does anyone know how lecom's waitlisting goes by any chance?

Could you tell us your stats if you don't mind? :)

I got accepted!!!!!!!! So relieved :) I interviewed on November 29 and just got my acceptance letter today!

Could you please tell me your stats...

Sure :)

I am graduating in June 2012 with a B.S. in Biochemistry/Cell Biology. I have/had a low GPA while applying, 3.14 and a composite PCAT score of 91 (took the September 2011 PCAT after receiving ~60 my first time around...). I worked as a pharmacy technician for ~4 months and have been involved/led various on campus organizations and church activities.

I got accepted!!!!!!!! So relieved :) I interviewed on November 29 and just got my acceptance letter today!

Hi! Was your interview group or individual? I have my interview tomorrow and I'm kinda nervous. Dunno what to expect lol. Were the questions pretty basic or were they more geared towards scenario type questions? Thanks!

Hi! Was your interview group or individual? I have my interview tomorrow and I'm kinda nervous. Dunno what to expect lol. Were the questions pretty basic or were they more geared towards scenario type questions? Thanks!

I'm interviewing this thursday at 7:45am

Hi sanyu,

It was a group interview for me. I think someone posted up the details on the interview day process. It really is exactly as that person wrote. The interviewees were split into groups of 4-5 people and interviewed by two professors. For my interview, the professors made sure that each person was given the opportunity to answer the given question first, so the order as to who answers first was basically at random. However, it could be different for you. Other interviewees from different groups said that it was more a free for all; you can choose to answer the question or not. I guess it all depends on who your interviewers are. :) The questions were pretty straight forward. Make sure to ask the professor to repeat the question if you are the third or fourth person to make certain that you answer the question :) The SDN questions were a great help so make sure you practice those questions too! Overall, it was a very relaxing process and everyone was very friendly. It makes it a lot easier if you converse with the interviewees in your group and get to know one another! Don't be nervous! You'll do great! :luck:

I forgot to answer the latter portion of your questions! :) The questions were a bit of both. I would say more basic in the beginning (like introducing youself, why pharmacy, why you think you fit in at LECOM) and then more scenario towards the end (tell us an example of when you were in a conflict, if you were placed in a certain situation, how would you act and why? These questions were geared towards how you would act during conflicts, really)

Good luck! :)

I forgot to answer the latter portion of your questions! :) The questions were a bit of both. I would say more basic in the beginning (like introducing youself, why pharmacy, why you think you fit in at LECOM) and then more scenario towards the end (tell us an example of when you were in a conflict, if you were placed in a certain situation, how would you act and why? These questions were geared towards how you would act during conflicts, really)

Good luck! :)

Okay, thanks so much! Yeah, I had read over the previous person's post describing the interview but wasn't sure if there was some change since then.

I interviewed on Tuesday, November 29th, and I received my acceptance letter yesterday as well! :)

Omgggg, I just finished my interview and it was so hard >_< All the questions were scenario questions and I felt like I totally bombed it. I think all my groupmates had better experiences to share than I did. D:

Sure :)

I am graduating in June 2012 with a B.S. in Biochemistry/Cell Biology. I have/had a low GPA while applying, 3.14 and a composite PCAT score of 91 (took the September 2011 PCAT after receiving ~60 my first time around...). I worked as a pharmacy technician for ~4 months and have been involved/led various on campus organizations and church activities.

Thank you. Pharmcas is still processing my app. I still hope that LECOM will consider me, even for an interview. I applied last year but I was too late since I submitted my application on Feb. I hope this will not be the case for this time around :xf:

Hi guys. I just wonder how long after your PharmCAS has mailed out you will get the invitation for submitting the supplemental application? Thank you

hey did anyone hear back from the december 6th interview date... mine still says a decision has not been made yet

I interviewed on the 6th and just opened my letter...

Accepted! :)

my heart is still beating like crazy.

and yea.. it still says a decision hasn't been made online.

Lulz, I just got my rejection letter. But it's not too depressing since I know I pretty much bombed the interview. Totally expected it. Oh well.

Congrats to those of you who got accepted and good luck to future interviewees~!

Lulz, I just got my rejection letter. But it's not too depressing since I know I pretty much bombed the interview. Totally expected it. Oh well.

Congrats to those of you who got accepted and good luck to future interviewees~!
sorry to hear that. which part of California you are in?

I'm currently in Socal, Orange County area.

ye i got accepted too... my portal says a decision has not been made...good to know that theres another person with the same thing its not a mistake acceptance lol see you next year

ye i got accepted too... my portal says a decision has not been made...good to know that theres another person with the same thing its not a mistake acceptance lol see you next year

Hello, does anyone know how many seats are left for LECOM. I applied on Nov but Pharmcas still haven't mailed my application. They said that it will take at least 5 weeks :( I'm hoping that I still have the chance to at least get an interview:xf:

looking for a roomate, my matriculation packet said there is a forum on the lecom website under admissions tabs but i dont see it.

Hi guys. I just wonder how long after your PharmCAS has mailed out you will get the invitation for submitting the supplemental application? Thank you

My PharmCAS was mailed out on 12/05 and I received my supplement from LECOM on 12/08. I submitted everything by 12/13 and got an email that my app was processed on 12/14.

I interviewed on Tuesday, November 29th, and I received my acceptance letter yesterday as well! :)

Congrats on your acceptance!! I was wondering if you could tell us how long after you submitted your supplement did you get your interview invite? The LECOM portal says that they will contact us by email if we get invited for an interview. Does that update on the LECOM portal as well?

Are you all attending the interview alone or bringing anyone along?
Hi everyone, I am new to SDN, had my inrerview Nov. 29 , get accepted to LECOM class of 2015, can someone please provied some info about housing close to lecom ... I am very excited:love:

Get accepted to LECOM:love:
waitlisted at one RX school:confused:
Have an interview coming up:)

Last edited: