LECOM-Erie Pharmacy Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions and would really appreciate if someone could help me.

What's the closest airport from LECOM? How long is the drive to the airport to the school? If someone took a cab from the airport to the school, how much did it cost? (Is it easy to find cabs at that airport?)

Lastly, I looked at the hotels close to the school and they say that they offer free shutter to and from the airport, does anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions and would really appreciate if someone could help me.

What's the closest airport from LECOM? How long is the drive to the airport to the school? If someone took a cab from the airport to the school, how much did it cost? (Is it easy to find cabs at that airport?)

Lastly, I looked at the hotels close to the school and they say that they offer free shutter to and from the airport, does anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks in advance!
Erie international is the closest airport, I stayed at econolodge,its cheap and has shuttle to take you from airport to hotel and to school as well. I would suggest to get hotel and use their shuttle service not rental, make sure you talk to hotel ahead to schedul your trip to school. most of those hotels are not that far from school. oh and i had really great experience with the hotel and its shuttle service,good luck with the interview

Erie international is the closest airport, I stayed at econolodge,its cheap and has shuttle to take you from airport to hotel and to school as well. I would suggest to get hotel and use their shuttle service not rental, make sure you talk to hotel ahead to schedul your trip to school. most of those hotels are not that far from school. oh and i had really great experience with the hotel and its shuttle service,good luck with the interview

Thanks a lot for the reply! Does anyone happen to know how much the cab costs from the airport?

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

I took a cab from Erie Airport and it is $20. The airport like 10-15 minutes away from the school ! Good luck with your interview!

Hi everyone ! I'm also got accepted to LECOM Erie and also in the process of looking for a place to live in Erie. I heard Erie is really snowy in the winter so I am hoping to rent a place within working distance to the campus ! if anyone here also looking for a roommate or know anyone already that have a place to rent (of course have to be a students at LECOM) then let me know ! thank you so much and CONGRATULATIONS to all and good luck to all the interviewers!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!! I was wondering if you could tell us how long after you submitted your supplement did you receive your interview invite? The LECOM portal says that they will contact us by email if we get invited for an interview. Does that update on the LECOM portal as well?

Hello everyone!!

I have an interview on Jan 10 and I will be driving from MI. I am very excited especially since my friends who attend there have nothing but the best things to say about this school and all the professors there. I hope we all do great!! :luck::luck::luck::luck::)

Good luck all. I'm also coming on the 10th of Jan from Texas. Is is pretty bad, weather wise, as far as driving goes? I thought of getting a rental car from Erie International.

Did you get the invite for your Jan interview this week or earlier? Just wondering if they have shut down for a holiday break.

I took a cab from Erie Airport and it is $20. The airport like 10-15 minutes away from the school ! Good luck with your interview!

How are driving conditions? Was it snowing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they're closed. I got the invite several weeks ago, almost a month back.

Did you get the invite for your Jan interview this week or earlier? Just wondering if they have shut down for a holiday break.
I got my invitation about a month ago.

I have an interview on Jan 10 at 9:45 am.

If anyone coming from Maryland has the same interview, please PM me. We can carpool and also split the cost of the hotel room.

I just received the invitation today for Feb 7, 2012 @ 9:45am interview

I created a Facebook group for the Class of 2015. Those of you that will be attending next fall, please join! Search Lecom Erie School of Pharmacy Class of 2015. Also, if you would like to be an admin for the group, let me know!

If you have trouble finding the group, use this link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/271742059546980/ .

Last edited:
Thanks Giaba..I submitted my app on Nov 18th and I submitted my supplemental on the Dec 31st. I hope I will hear from them soon as well. :xf:

I submitted PharmCAS around the second week of Oct, and supplemental in Dec 23.

I have an interview on Jan 31st at 9:45 AM. If anyone can give pointers about the interview, it would be greatly appreciated. LECOM is my top choice and it would be helpful for all those others with the upcoming interview as well :) Thanks in advanced

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone is attending LECOM-School of Pharmacy starting Fall 2012 and was looking for a female roommate. Send me a private message if you are also attending in the fall for pharmacy and were interested in finding someone to live with.

*Class of 2015*

I got my acceptance letter today!!! I am so happy!! :love::love::love::love: Looking for a female roommate that is clean and friendly!!! I cant wait to meet my LECOM family:love:

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone is attending LECOM-School of Pharmacy starting Fall 2012 and was looking for a female roommate. Send me a private message if you are also attending in the fall for pharmacy and were interested in finding someone to live with.

*Class of 2015*

I got my acceptance letter today!!! I am so happy!! :love::love::love::love: Looking for a female roommate that is clean and friendly!!! I cant wait to meet my LECOM family:love:

Congratulations to both of you! Please check out the Class of 2015 group on facebook (request to join) and start getting to know other members of the class!

I also got accepted...what is the name of the Facebook group, I can't find it?

Hello everyone, I accepted to Lecom and a 4yr tradational program, cant decide which one to go? Can anyone give more info about Lecom program please.
thank you in advance

Is anyone going to the interview next week Feb 07?

Hi

I'll be attending LECOM for pharmacy starting Fall 2012 and was looking for a female roommate. I am from Akron, Ohio and graduated from The University of Toledo with a Bachelor's degree. I am quiet, clean and easy to get along. I am a non smoker and don't drink so I was looking for someone that is similar. I enjoy shopping, dance and working out during my free time. If someone is interested in living together please send me a PM :)

-R-

Last edited:
Hey,

Does anyone know if LECOM is done interviewing? I have been placed on the wait list, and the anxiety of possibly not getting in is killing me! Has anyone on the wait list been accepted yet? If so, when did you interview?

Has anyone received acceptance from the February 2012 interviews? I really liked the people the city, and the school! Now just wishin and a prayin...

Has anyone received acceptance from the February 2012 interviews? I really liked the people the city, and the school! Now just wishin and a prayin...
They usually send you something between 7-10 days after your interview. Best of luck!!

I interviewed at the end of Feb and I have been wait listed. I am really upset because I keep getting wait listed, even LECOM in Bradenton. I don't know what seems to be the problem, I have a 3.50 gpa, I have pharmacy experience, I will have a BS in May, and my interviews seem to go well. I guess I should just give up on going to pharmacy school in the fall! :(

Last edited:
I interviewed in February and received acceptance on Monday of this week. I am looking for a roommate to share a 2 bedroom apartment come August.

Hello class of 2015 LECOM students. My name is Santina. I am going to be a second year pharmacy student next year and have a place available for rent. I live across the street from LECOM in a two bedroom apartment in Laurel Springs. It is brand new with two bedrooms, a bathroom, living room and kitchen. Pretty much furnished and full of everything needed other than the bedroom. Preferably looking for another female pharmacy student to live with for the upcoming year. I know what it is like to get housing and know there is a waiting list for these apartments. If you are interested, get in contact with me ASAP. My email address is [email protected] and you can also look me up on facebook: Santina Nicole. Thank you and good luck in the upcoming years =)

Last edited:
I interviewed in February and received acceptance on Monday of this week. I am looking for a roommate to share a 2 bedroom apartment come August.

Congratulations!
May I ask if you have pharmacy experience or volunteer work? I were put in alternate list. I am not sure if it was because I do not have experience. Thanks.

Hello soon to be LECOM Pharmacy students! I am a graduate of the Class of 2010. Now I am a gainfully employed medical writer. Congrats on getting accepted.

I have two rooms in a nice house that will be available to rent - starting this coming June 2012.

Features:
NO Deposit
Month-to-month (Most people stay until they graduate :D but if you don't like it you aren't locked in)
1.5 miles from LECOM and close to Peach street shopping/restaurants
1 upstairs and 1 downstairs bedroom available
Washer and dryer in basement (no sharing with people you don't know :))
32 inch TV in living room
Kitchen stuff already there (microwave, food processor, blender, plates, cups, silverware, toaster, etc.)
Back porch with grill
My old pharmacy school notes that you can peek at :)

Past tenants:
2 LECOM Pharmacy 2010
2 LECOM Med School 2012
1 LECOM Pharmacy 2012

If you are interested, let me know. I can provide you with some more details/send you pictures of the house. Private message me or email me at [email protected]

Also if you have any questions about what to expect in the months ahead at LECOM, send me a Private message or email. I've been there and done that and would be happy to give you the low down on the school and the area.

Best of luck!

**UPDATE** Both available rooms are now rented out. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Thanks, Yes I work in a pharmacy and have many extra curriculars and good letters of recommendations from professors and pharmacy manager. I also got accepted to PCOM and had 3 other interviews that I declined.

Congratulations!
I was interviewed on March 21st and was put on the alternate list...was anyone else that was interviewed that day also put on the alternate list? aim just asking because i really like the school and two of my friends actually got in...but their interviews were in january...so aim wondering should i keep hope to get in for the fall?

My husband is a first year at lecom erie (medical) and I remember how nerve racking it was to move a family to a completely new place. If any of y'all are moving with a family and have questions about housing, financial assistance, or just want someone to introduce you around, let me know. We have an amazing group of "lecom widows" here to support each other in this journey. Send me an email at [email protected] if you need anything

Hi, I have an interview at LECOM and I was wondering what the written assesment test was like. Also I would like to know what kind of questions they will ask.

Hello,

I have an upcoming interview at Lecom-E. Just wanted to know how did the interview went for everyone. From what I've read so far it's a group interview.

My second question is did the interview end on time? My flight back home is at 4pm and I feel like it's kinda cutting it close. I don't want to miss my flight hehe.

Hello,

I have an upcoming interview at Lecom-E. Just wanted to know how did the interview went for everyone. From what I've read so far it's a group interview.

My second question is did the interview end on time? My flight back home is at 4pm and I feel like it's kinda cutting it close. I don't want to miss my flight hehe.

The interview ended roughly around the stated end time (1ish). if your flight is at 4pm you'll be fine, Erie airport is a pretty small rural airport, and i arrived at the airport at 3pm with 45 minutes to spare.

Interview went well i think, i think the whole point of the group was to make you feel less nervous and just talkative.

Lulz, I just got my rejection letter. But it's not too depressing since I know I pretty much bombed the interview. Totally expected it. Oh well.

Congrats to those of you who got accepted and good luck to future interviewees~!
Hi,
I am from California too. LA area. Interview was on...guess what...on last Tue. April 3th. I know it's really really late. I guess, according to the messages, I will get a letter either tomorrow or Mon. I am kind of nervous.

Don't get disappointed because sometimes it's just the chemistry between you and the school. I saw a guy on this forum...he is wondering why he doesn't get invitation with his M.S. in Chemistry GPA 3.89 and PCAT 90%. Would you mind giving me some idea on your stats? Thanks!

By the way, did you end up accepted somewhere? Or you gonna try again next year?

Sorry I meant this message to CSP003. Congrats on your acceptance!!!

Last edited:
Lulz, I just got my rejection letter. But it's not too depressing since I know I pretty much bombed the interview. Totally expected it. Oh well.

Congrats to those of you who got accepted and good luck to future interviewees~!
Hi,
I am from California too. LA area. Interview was on...guess what...on last Tue. April 3th. I know it's really really late. I guess, according to the messages, I will get a letter either tomorrow or Mon. I am kind of nervous.

Don't get disappointed because sometimes it's just the chemistry between you and the school. I saw a guy on this forum...he is wondering why he doesn't get invitation with his M.S. in Chemistry GPA 3.89 and PCAT 90%. Would you mind giving me some idea on your stats? Thanks!

By the way, did you end up accepted somewhere? Or you gonna try again next year?

I am sending the message again b/c I thought I sent it to the wrong tread :)