LECOM-Erie Pharmacy Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am a female incoming pharamcy student at LECOM this Fall, I am very easy going, clean, quite. Searching for either female / male roommate. If interested please message me.
good luck and see this upcoming fall.

Hi,
I am from California too. LA area. Interview was on...guess what...on last Tue. April 3th. I know it's really really late. I guess, according to the messages, I will get a letter either tomorrow or Mon. I am kind of nervous.

Don't get disappointed because sometimes it's just the chemistry between you and the school. I saw a guy on this forum...he is wondering why he doesn't get invitation with his M.S. in Chemistry GPA 3.89 and PCAT 90%. Would you mind giving me some idea on your stats? Thanks!

By the way, did you end up accepted somewhere? Or you gonna try again next year?

I am sending the message again b/c I thought I sent it to the wrong tread :)
Have you received the letter? Hope you got good news...

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten in from the wait list recently?

I interviewed 3/13 and was waitlisted...

How much longer will interviews be lasting?

Has anyone gotten in from the wait list recently?

I interviewed 3/13 and was waitlisted...

How much longer will interviews be lasting?

I don't think they start looking into the waislist until the interview is done. Did you receive an email from Megan recently asking if you still interest in the waitlist?

I don't think they start looking into the waislist until the interview is done. Did you receive an email from Megan recently asking if you still interest in the waitlist?

Yep.

I sent back the formal letter ages ago, and then probably got the email 3 weeks ago at least?

Its just frustrating because I'm a High School teacher, and I need to sign my contract for next year soon... But this uncertainty is killing me!

Yep.

I sent back the formal letter ages ago, and then probably got the email 3 weeks ago at least?

Its just frustrating because I'm a High School teacher, and I need to sign my contract for next year soon... But this uncertainty is killing me!

Did you know anyone in your group interview got accepted? I interviewed on 3/20 and I emailed my group and there was only 1 got accepted.

Guys i wouldn't sweat it if it turns out you dont get a letter until the final week. Yes a lot of people got acceptance letters within a week, but there have been people here too that got accepted up to a month after. And waitlist doesn't seem like too big of a deal, i doubt that everyone who gets accepted will actually attend. No need to stress.

Hey, for some of you that are on the waitlist, what are your statistics? I just want to know, what kind of students are getting waitlisted! Also, does anyone know when LECOM will stop interviewing? I have been waitlisted since Feb and I am freaking out about not getting accepted.

good to know. still waiting here. are you from Los Angeles? if you got accepted, are you going to attend?

hi, you must be science teacher! just curiosity...what makes you switch career?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep.

hi, you must be science teacher! just curiosity...what makes you switch career?

Hey, for some of you that are on the waitlist, what are your statistics? I just want to know, what kind of students are getting waitlisted! Also, does anyone know when LECOM will stop interviewing? I have been waitlisted since Feb and I am freaking out about not getting accepted.

Those who are in waitlists are either GPA not so great, no pharmacy or volunteer experiences, not so good of letter of recommendations, not perform well in the interviews, or writting a very bad short essay....remember they look for rounded candidates...

Is Lecom the only one school you applied?

I have a 3.43 gpa, over a year of working as a pharmacy tech, I know I had good recommendations, and they seemed to like me at the interview. Maybe my essay was bad. I am also waitlisted at one other school i applied to.....I keep hearing both ways, that chances are good of getting in from the waitlist and chances aren't good. I'm so confused and frustrated :/

Did anyone from the 4/3 interview hear back from the school at all? It's been almost three weeks and I haven't heard anything from them yet. Do you think I should call the school? During my interview, I was told that we would be notified within 30 days.

Did anyone from the 4/3 interview hear back from the school at all? It's been almost three weeks and I haven't heard anything from them yet. Do you think I should call the school? During my interview, I was told that we would be notified within 30 days.

i would wait until 30 days are up before you call. they can't tell you anything over the phone anyways.

i interviewed on the 27th and still haven't gotten something, but my portal was updated yesterday saying ill receive a letter within 10 days.

i would wait until 30 days are up before you call. they can't tell you anything over the phone anyways.

i interviewed on the 27th and still haven't gotten something, but my portal was updated yesterday saying ill receive a letter within 10 days.

xyeahtony, so your portal status for LECOM Erie changed to receiving a letter within 10 days? If yes, you can call Megan and ask her for your admission status. At that point, she will tell you the result.

anyone that was wait listed got in recently???
i didn't take any summer classes not knowing ....just confused wether to think i have a chance or not...seems like there is long waiting list...

xyeahtony, so your portal status for LECOM Erie changed to receiving a letter within 10 days? If yes, you can call Megan and ask her for your admission status. At that point, she will tell you the result.

well she originally said not to call at the interview, plus im a little scared to call and ask haha.

i have a question to everyone who got accepted/waitlisted. I got an email asking me to submit to a background check because of my "conditional acceptance." Of course it won't tell me the school that accepted me, but has anyone else who got wait listed/accepted gotten this email? Im kinda excited because it means at least one of the schools i applied has NOT rejected me haha.

hey yanyan. i was interviewed on 4/3 too. i just got the letter and wait listed. have you got your letter yet? it's awfully long to get the response. according to the messages here, getting wait listed is not that bad. at least it means i am qualified to be in the class. it's just that i applied late. if i have applied sooner, i might got accepted. what's your thought?

Hello everyone!
just wondering , any of the people that got wait listed got an acceptance letter yet?
any feedback would be appreciated...
thank you

Got my acceptance letter today! Whooo!

My advice guys, if it still shows "we haven't made a decision" after 3 weeks, dont sweat. Mine said the application was under a review until only last week, and i got my letter in the mail a week later. From what i've seen earlier, if your status changes early, then it prolly means waitlist or rejection, but if it takes awhile to change, means your application is being given serious thought!!

:)

By the way, i never thought my stats were strong. 3.3 GPA. No Pharmacy Experience. :| haha. I do have a BS though, but i did get a measily 68 on PCAT. who knows. Maybe i had a really good interview?? Best of luck to everyone else though!

Last edited:
Hi everyone ,

I am a male student new to the area , would appreciate any advice , help , directions in finding a place to share/rent preferably in walking distance to campus . I am clean and quiet and responsible . If you know some places / someone please advice .

Thanks

Hi everyone ,

I am a male student new to the area , would appreciate any advice , help , directions in finding a place to share/rent preferably in walking distance to campus . I am clean and quiet and responsible . If you know some places / someone please advice .

Thanks

Apparently there's the laurel springs apartment right across the road from the school, which must be nice to avoid driving in the snow. Although from what i've heard its all full haha :|

If you see "Gloria Apartment", owned by the Seslers, I highly recommend to stay away from it!!! Bad management + the apartment that I used to live in had bugs and a mouse. If you join your class' fb please pass this around. Thanks.

Hi all,
I just received LECOM Erie decision letter and was offered an alternate candidate position. Does anyone know difference between being alternate listed and waitlisted? I'm really nervous about it cos it is my top choice.
Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
I just received LECOM Erie decision letter and was offered an alternate candidate position. Does anyone know difference between being alternate listed and waitlisted? I'm really nervous about it cos it is my top choice.
Thanks in advance.

It is the same. When did you have your interview? Lecom interviews 400 candidates for about 150 seats. Therefore, they have a lot of alternate candidates. I heard the numbers of waitlist candidates are the same with the number of accepted candidates. But if you have good GPA and pharmacy experiences, you should not be worried.

It is the same. When did you have your interview? Lecom interviews 400 candidates for about 150 seats. Therefore, they have a lot of alternate candidates. I heard the numbers of waitlist candidates are the same with the number of accepted candidates. But if you have good GPA and pharmacy experiences, you should not be worried.
Thanks a lot for your answer. I had my interview on 04/24 (final round of interview as per Megan). I thought there might be a little bit different in terms of reviewing application profile again (for alternate candidate) versus automatically accepted (for waitlist candidate) when there is seat available.
My GPA is only 3.25 and I don't have a BS yet. These are my weak points.
But, I do have a very good background of pharmacy experience (4.5 years) and have a CPhT. And, I think my interview responses were about average (not very excellent).
Thus, lacking a very strong background, I'm really worried to compete with other alternate/waitlist candidates for only a few possible spaces.
Do you know anybody who get accepted from waitlist?

Thanks a lot for your answer. I had my interview on 04/24 (final round of interview as per Megan). I thought there might be a little bit different in terms of reviewing application profile again (for alternate candidate) versus automatically accepted (for waitlist candidate) when there is seat available.
My GPA is only 3.25 and I don't have a BS yet. These are my weak points.
But, I do have a very good background of pharmacy experience (4.5 years) and have a CPhT. And, I think my interview responses were about average (not very excellent).
Thus, lacking a very strong background, I'm really worried to compete with other alternate/waitlist candidates for only a few possible spaces.
Do you know anybody who get accepted from waitlist?

Compared to me, you are in better position because I do not have pharmacy experiences.
I don't know if there is anyone got pulled out of waitlist yet but Megan said they will review the alternate lists from May -l August

Compared to me, you are in better position because I do not have pharmacy experiences.
I don't know if there is anyone got pulled out of waitlist yet but Megan said they will review the alternate lists from May -l August

But, you hava a B.S. right?
So, are you also in waitlist? Do you mind sharing your stat. ?

My science GPA is about the same as yours. Yeah, I have a B.S but I think a wrote a horrible essay during the interview.

Congratulations C/O 2015. I am a potential applicant for 2016. I will apply to pharmCAS this summer. I am working on my BS in Molecular and Cellular Biology.

Here is my resume summed up

BS in Bio spring of 2013
2 Years of Pharmacy Experience
Very active in leadership and involvement with pharmacy organizations and attended annual meetings
Very Outgoing :D
GPA 3.2-3.3ish

But... I took the PCAT and did bad on it a few times :-( (under 50)

Think I got a shot? I really would like to go to Erie because I live in Ohio and that's not too far.

Dont fret the pharmacy experience. Tbh i dont think it matters that much. I have zip pharmacy experience and i still got accepted, despite low GPA and mediocre PCAT. I think the interview is the major factor in admissions.

Hello!
did anyone from the waiting list get an acceptance letter yet?
Thank you

mex27,
I was placed on the waiting list at the end of April and just received an acceptance letter in the mail on Monday 5/21/12. Are you waitlisted?

mex27,
I was placed on the waiting list at the end of April and just received an acceptance letter in the mail on Monday 5/21/12. Are you waitlisted?

Congratulations !!!
It's good to know that the waitlist starts moving. May I ask if you took PCAT exam or you wrote an essay at the interview? I have the feeling most people who didn't take PCAT exam were put in alternate list

I wish the LECOM-B Alt list would start moving like erie's

Congratulations !!!
It's good to know that the waitlist starts moving. May I ask if you took PCAT exam or you wrote an essay at the interview? I have the feeling most people who didn't take PCAT exam were put in alternate list

Thank you RoseBudLA!! Unfortunately, I did not take the PCAT because it was waived due to the fact that I have a BA completed. I wrote an essay at the interview. My stats were OK but I felt that my interview was lacking and I didn't do well on my essay b/c I didn't really prepare much for the Erie interview plus it was actually my first interview as well. Hopefully, you will be getting a call soon! They call you first and then mail the official letter out right afterwards. Is Erie your first choice? Have you receive acceptances else where? Good luck!!

I wish the LECOM-B Alt list would start moving like erie's

Ccump, the reason why I think Erie's alternate list probably moved faster than Bradenton's is b/c Erie completed all the interviews at the end of April whereas Brandenton had interviews till mid May. Don't worry though!! Bradenton should be starting to pull people off soon. I gave up my seat at Bradenton so I'm glad that will go to someone who has the school as their first choice. I really like Bradenton alot and it was really difficult for me to decline my seat but I am a little older than the typical pharmacy student at that school and I wanted to finish early so I figure a 3 year school would be more suitable for me. Good luck!

Thank you RoseBudLA!! Unfortunately, I did not take the PCAT because it was waived due to the fact that I have a BA completed. I wrote an essay at the interview. My stats were OK but I felt that my interview was lacking and I didn't do well on my essay b/c I didn't really prepare much for the Erie interview plus it was actually my first interview as well. Hopefully, you will be getting a call soon! They call you first and then mail the official letter out right afterwards. Is Erie your first choice? Have you receive acceptances else where? Good luck!!

Thanks yanyan. My stats were also not so great and I also wrote a horrible essay. But Lecom Erie is my only choice because of the costs. Other schools are so way ridiculus expensive in CA.

Hey Guys,
Congrats to all the people who got in. I'm current a 2nd year student at lecom. I am going to move soon. I'm look to sell some of my stuff. I have things like kitchen appliances, a table, full size bed w/ box spring, and etc. PM if your interested. Good Luck to the people still waiting.

have u decided yet?

Ccump, the reason why I think Erie's alternate list probably moved faster than Bradenton's is b/c Erie completed all the interviews at the end of April whereas Brandenton had interviews till mid May. Don't worry though!! Bradenton should be starting to pull people off soon. I gave up my seat at Bradenton so I'm glad that will go to someone who has the school as their first choice. I really like Bradenton alot and it was really difficult for me to decline my seat but I am a little older than the typical pharmacy student at that school and I wanted to finish early so I figure a 3 year school would be more suitable for me. Good luck!

Has anyone else got accepted from the wait list yet? Also, is there a separate discussion board for the wait list? If so, will someone please send me the link?

Anyone from California accepted and decided to LECOM Erie?

If so, I like to know if you guys going to drive there or fly there.:cool: