LECOM is making a distance pathway pharm school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhunwithPharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recently found out that LECOM is making a distance pathway pharmacy school. I personally thought having the Creighton one was bad enough but now another school is jumping on the wagon. What does everyone think about this situation? Do you think medical and dental schools will follow and begin distance pathway schools too? I know that there already are Nurse Practitioner online schools, I'm just wondering if this will be the new thing in the future.

Members don't see this ad.

is the entire 4 years online? i would be very interested as i work full time, and the school has full accredidation.

and also would the degree say on it distane learning or online? if not this is very, very tempting

btw they are accepting applications i think http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/2212

Booooooooo.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's obvious what is coming and must happen for things to swing back in balance. It will probably take a good 5 years worth of students feeling significant pain before we really see a huge drop in enrollment. Look at what law schools went through, that is what pharmacy is about to deal with.

It's now expected for law schools to be closing within a year or two. The same will happen with pharmacy schools in the next decade.

http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2014/02/various-law-school-developments

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
They're accepting 24 students to start this Fall. Gonna be 4 years modeled after the Bradenton campus program.

from what I understand it is basically watching the lectures online. You still have to go do your labs and rotations. Your exams will be given in the testing center. Is there a difference watching the taped version of a lecture from sitting in the classroom? sometimes I feel that when I sit in a lecture hall and the prof reads word for word off powerpoints I wonder why did I even come to lecture because I can read myself and on my time....I have seen a lot more hybrid type classes being offered in many universities already...more and more technology is coming to the classrooms. I have no interest in doing this online...but the times are coming as we get more into technology and it gets so embedded into every thing we do now....don't know how I feel about this....

Has anyone here applied to this program yet? Just wondering how competitive it's likely to be since they're only accepting 24 applicants...

Creighton is actually a well-respected school and I've heard good things about their distance pathway. It's hard to believe LECOM could do this well, at least from the online rumors I've seen about the school on this board.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied for the Distance pathway program and was lucky to be invited for an interview. I am scheduled to be interviewed this coming Tuesday - 04/22/14. I will be flying out on Monday from Reagan Airport, Washington, DC to Tampa International, then rent a car from Tampa to Bradenton. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have a GPA of 3.1 (science GPA is 3.4). BA in Political Science with a 7-year experience as an LPN. My PCAT was not great but I did well in Chemistry and Biology. I don't know how I fall on the scale of acceptance. I pray that I do well on the interview.

I applied for the Distance pathway program and was lucky to be invited for an interview. I am scheduled to be interviewed this coming Tuesday - 04/22/14. I will be flying out on Monday from Reagan Airport, Washington, DC to Tampa International, then rent a car from Tampa to Bradenton. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have a GPA of 3.1 (science GPA is 3.4). BA in Political Science with a 7-year experience as an LPN. My PCAT was not great but I did well in Chemistry and Biology. I don't know how I fall on the scale of acceptance. I pray that I do well on the interview.
It's great you posted all this info so now LECOM will be able to correctly identify exactly which applicant you are. :rofl:

Reactions: 3 users
And you do know that Creighton plays a big role as the advisor of the LECOM distance education program?

And you do know that Creighton plays a big role as the advisor of the LECOM distance education program?
So?

That doesn't mean they'll do it well. Judging from what I've heard on these boards and the web, LECOM doesn't do anything else well, so why would this be any different?

Reactions: 1 users

Sounds fishy...why would Creighton be helping LECOM do this? Is Creighton turning away hundreds of qualified applicants each year?
Then again, one never knows.

At the interview, I believe they said a representative from Creighton came and looked at the school and gave suggestions, but perhaps there is a partnership deeper than what I heard?
I would be interested to know if there was a deeper partnership.

Sounds fishy...why would Creighton be helping LECOM do this? Is Creighton turning away hundreds of qualified applicants each year?
Then again, one never knows.

During this application cycle Creighton would not stop sending me stuff to apply to their program, but I got to the whole Jesuit essay garbage and decided to not apply this cycle.