This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You should add the FB groups of current dental/medical/pharm school classes. They post quite often looking for roommates.
I will do that! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted 4/1!!
Applied 3/22!

I'm also looking for housing! There are some reallllly nice apartments in the area but pretty pricey! Not sure if I'll be having a roommate yet or not... Still open to the option :)

Can anyone verify on the MCAT requirement? I see you only need a 490 to apply but is that also for a guarenteed interview. I am getting misleading information; why does the entrance requirement mention having an MCAT score in the 50th percentile (for the new exam)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone verify on the MCAT requirement? I see you only need a 490 to apply but is that also for a guarenteed interview. I am getting misleading information; why does the entrance requirement mention having an MCAT score in the 50th percentile (for the new exam)?
In one of the posts above someone said they asked about the MCAT and that as long as you have a 3.0 you will not have to retake the MCAT :) I haven't verified this myself though.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone verify on the MCAT requirement? I see you only need a 490 to apply but is that also for a guaranteed interview. I am getting misleading information; why does the entrance requirement mention having an MCAT score in the 50th percentile (for the new exam)?
Their website says: "MCAT scores OR (minimum score of 23 on the old exam or 490 on the new exam)" in the "Apply" section for the MMS program and I verified with LECOM that it's their requirement for matriculation if a 3.0 is maintained. They also said that if a 3.0 is achieved and you get along with faculty, the interview goes well, and you follow the dress code and attendance policies.. then you have a spot in their DO program. I can't speak for other tracks of course.

For those of you that were accepted on 4/1 did you receive an acceptance letter in the mail? I was complete on 3/31 and my portal status as of 4/1 says the decision has been made and I should be getting a letter within 30 days.

For those of you that were accepted on 4/1 did you receive an acceptance letter in the mail? I was complete on 3/31 and my portal status as of 4/1 says the decision has been made and I should be getting a letter within 30 days.
I was complete 3/29 and received the email saying my application had been processed on 3/31, I got my acceptance letter in the mail today (4/4).

How did you guys go about sending your transcripts? I tried to find it on portal. I am guessing you mail them to admissions? Also, could anyone let me know how long it took for your application to be processed into the system?

Go to your college portal page, and find transcript request and put in the address. It took about a week or so

How did you guys go about sending your transcripts? I tried to find it on portal. I am guessing you mail them to admissions? Also, could anyone let me know how long it took for your application to be processed into the system?
I applied to LECOM's DO program originally so they were able to pull my transcripts and LOR from there, and it only took 2 days for my application to process.

I believe its professional attire. Shirt & tie with slacks for guys and dress / professional attire for ladies

Submitted my application today. Here we go!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! So I got accepted into the masters program and the post bacc in Erie and I am having a tough time deciding which one I should attend. Any thoughts? I am originally from Florida so it would be easier to stay in state, but I want to do whatever will help me the most to get into dental school.

File Says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days"

You guys received letters in the mail for acceptance right?

I was completed on the 5th

File Says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days"

You guys received letters in the mail for acceptance right?

I was completed on the 5th

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My status said that on 4/1 and I am still waiting to receive a letter!

My file was updated today with "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." Can anyone that has been accepted tell me if the letter is a regular size envelope or a thick envelope with financial aid information etc,.

My file was updated today with "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." Can anyone that has been accepted tell me if the letter is a regular size envelope or a thick envelope with financial aid information etc,.
regular envelope

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been accepted and received the orientation packet. The dress code for girls says skirts, slacks and blouses. Does anyone know how strict this is? Or if we can wear patterns etc?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been accepted and received the orientation packet. The dress code for girls says skirts, slacks and blouses. Does anyone know how strict this is? Or if we can wear patterns etc?

LECOM is strict with their dress code from what I have heard from the Pennsylvania DO campus. The security guard will not let you into class if you are not following dress code. (This is all from students in Pennsylvania campus, not sure if it's the same in Fl)

What are you guys doing for housing btw?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey everyone! So I got accepted into the masters program and the post bacc in Erie and I am having a tough time deciding which one I should attend. Any thoughts? I am originally from Florida so it would be easier to stay in state, but I want to do whatever will help me the most to get into dental school.

I'm in the same position. Do you know if we are guaranteed an acceptance if we make a 3.0 in the dental class?

I'm in the same position. Do you know if we are guaranteed an acceptance if we make a 3.0 in the dental class?
So I emailed admissions and they told me I should do the masters over the post bacc. I'm not sure if we are guaranteed an acceptance if we make a 3.0 though.

So I emailed admissions and they told me I should do the masters over the post bacc. I'm not sure if we are guaranteed an acceptance if we make a 3.0 though.

welllll its worth the post bacc since they give you a spot..... so idk.

welllll its worth the post bacc since they give you a spot..... so idk.
Maybe! You should try calling them and asking. I had to decide quickly because my due date was coming up so I just went off of what admissions said

I was told that neither program "guarantees" acceptance. They only guarantee an interview if you maintain a 3.0 ... But obviously to be competitive, you want to maintain higher than that! Also, I was told by Lisa that you may have a better chance in the dental program if you attend the masters because it will give you a chance to interact with the professors. Whereas, if you are in Erie, you will almost be more like any other candidate!

Hope that helps! Good luck in your decisions and endeavors

do you guys think its too late to apply to this program?
Dude I applied last Monday, was complete on Thursday, and a decision was made on Friday. Now I'm waiting for my decision letter. You have plenty of time.

Hello! I am looking for a female roommate to sign with me in June. If you are interested you can message me separately and I can give you all the details!

I just got accepted to this program today! Does anyone know when class starts? I thought I read on the website it is starting mid/end of August but on my acceptance letter it says June?

Thanks, I ended up finding the Academic Catalog with the calendar information. That is a great winter break for more than a month! Way awesome.

Did you receive your orientation packet after sending in a deposit? Or did it come right after the acceptance letter? I'm still waiting for mine

Is anyone thinking of retaking the MCAT or is everyone just banking on getting in as long as you follow the guidelines and maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA?

Is anyone thinking of retaking the MCAT or is everyone just banking on getting in as long as you follow the guidelines and maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA?
I was going to retake and do the Post-Bac in Erie but then I found out about this MMS so now I'm just going to bank on getting the 3.0.

I'm retaking my MCAT, I got a 495 on the first attempt and don't want to bank on that getting me accepted even with an interview. Also it's nice to have options with a better MCAT

yea im retaking just to potentially have better options in the future even though its gunna suck studying for it again :/

Just got my letter. Rejected. Oh well, good luck to everyone else.

My stats are
CGPA 3.2
SGPA 3.2
MCAT 495

Last edited:
Just got my letter. Rejected. Oh well, good luck to everyone else.

My stats are
CGPA 3.2
SGPA 3.2
MCAT 495

Sorry to hear that. Did you submit a resume with your app?

Sorry to hear that. Did you submit a resume with your app?

No because I only had one experience, and it says to only send if you have more than 2 experiences. I have over 3000 Clinical hours of experience working as a scribe at an ED, but nothing else really. I think maybe applying late hindered me, but IDK.

Do they calculate GPA with grade replacements?
I believe that it depends. From my understanding, if you applied to LECOM DO through AACOMAS first then they'll use their calculated GPA (which means grade replacements), but if you apply without AACOMAS then they calculate it without grade replacements.

Hi everyone!

I applied a couple weeks ago and was just accepted earlier this week :) Does anyone know if they're going for sure?

Any idea what our schedule is going to be like?! I can't find it anywhere

I think what I heard was class 4 hours a day starting at 8 am but not positive!