LECOM Post-Bacc 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry for the late reply, but I believe it said decision had been sent out 1.5 weeks after everything for the application had been receieved and about 3 weeks after I submitted my application. I wouldn't worry about it too much! I think they're starting to get more applications right now and it's the end of the semester for all LECOM students and the application cycle so I think they're backed up. Be patient! And call Jamie Murphy. He'll give you the exact status of your application and even when the committee will most likely be viewing it.

thanks for replying, I just checked today after ignoring my urge to check the status every day lol and it says " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days". Hoping for some good news, fingers are crossed.

Members don't see this ad.

So Dr Jamie just sent me an email that a decision has been made on my application and i feel like my heart is already sinking. I just wanted to know if they send out acceptance or rejection letters or if anyone has heard of someone getting a rejection letter. I had been sending him a whole lot of emails before and he has been great at getting back at me in time. I was close to the borderline GPA so thats why am getting a little anxious a little bit. Anyone got a answer for me??

He emailed you telling about your status or did you ask him first. Just wondering. I only emailed him once when I sent my supplemental stuff but other than that I didn't want to bother them too much.

He emailed you telling about your status or did you ask him first. Just wondering. I only emailed him once when I sent my supplemental stuff but other than that I didn't want to bother them too much.

Okay this is what happened. None of my documents were showing up in the portal and i was getting nervous. Plus this is the only program i had applied to so i just wanted to make sure he received my transcripts and every other thing i had sent it. Lastly, I did not know that the letter of recommendation was not supposed to be sent as an electronic file from interfolio and i had already sent mine to his email so i also wanted to know if i should send another one through snail mail. So all my questions to him were not really about my the decisions on my application but to know whether i had really met all the required documents.
If you cannot see anything in your admission folder to make sure which of the requirements have been met and which ones have not been met, then you should probably email him. If not then they will probably make a decision this upcoming week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my app on 4/16, got a letter on 4/26 dated 4/18 that I got in. I had submitted an primary application to the DO school so that may have sped up my processing time. I am submitting my deposit soon. Does anyone know how big the class size is and any good places to live?

I had the "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" message on my application and received the letter within 7 days. As someone mentioned before the acceptance comes in a regular envelope, so don't get discouraged when you first see it as it may be an acceptance. Good luck to all.

I got my acceptance letter today. Yay! So happy right now :D
Hang in there everyone who's waiting.

Okay this is what happened. None of my documents were showing up in the portal and i was getting nervous. Plus this is the only program i had applied to so i just wanted to make sure he received my transcripts and every other thing i had sent it. Lastly, I did not know that the letter of recommendation was not supposed to be sent as an electronic file from interfolio and i had already sent mine to his email so i also wanted to know if i should send another one through snail mail. So all my questions to him were not really about my the decisions on my application but to know whether i had really met all the required documents.
If you cannot see anything in your admission folder to make sure which of the requirements have been met and which ones have not been met, then you should probably email him. If not then they will probably make a decision this upcoming week.

Same thing happened with me, I also sent my letter electronically through Interfolio then realized they didn't accept letters like that so I contacted Jamie and he said it was ok since he already received it. So I didn't have to mail one in.

Submitted my app on 4/16, got a letter on 4/26 dated 4/18 that I got in. I had submitted an primary application to the DO school so that may have sped up my processing time. I am submitting my deposit soon. Does anyone know how big the class size is and any good places to live?

I had the "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" message on my application and received the letter within 7 days. As someone mentioned before the acceptance comes in a regular envelope, so don't get discouraged when you first see it as it may be an acceptance. Good luck to all.

My application was marked complete on 4/12 and finally got the letter today on 5/8

Applying with a 24O MCAT, 3.12 cGPA, 2.6 sGPA. SUPER BORDERLINE. I was rejected from TouroCOM's Master's Program, so I'm pretty low on self-confidence. Has anybody with similar stats gotten in?

EDIT: Also clearly my application is very late... =\

Applying with a 24O MCAT, 3.12 cGPA, 2.6 sGPA. SUPER BORDERLINE. I was rejected from TouroCOM's Master's Program, so I'm pretty low on self-confidence. Has anybody with similar stats gotten in?

EDIT: Also clearly my application is very late... =\

Nah...people will be applying through July.

Does anyone know any information about how we can visit the school if we just wanna see the campus and check out Erie? I know formal orientation will be in August but my parents and I wanted to visit before making a final decision.

There is usually an open house before school starts - ask Jamie

Just sent in my app but I'm not too high on my chances 2.85gpa 31q MCAT.Probably doesn't help that I still have to take physics and orgo 2 :( Oh well here is too hoping.

Just sent in my app but I'm not too high on my chances 2.85gpa 31q MCAT.Probably doesn't help that I still have to take physics and orgo 2 :( Oh well here is too hoping.

Sounds a little early since you haven't finished your prereqs. Why not wait until next year instead?

Sounds a little early since you haven't finished your prereqs. Why not wait until next year instead?

Well I am in the process of taking them right now, Enrolled in them over the summer and should be done by the end of july, do you think that will be an issue?

Well I am in the process of taking them right now, Enrolled in them over the summer and should be done by the end of july, do you think that will be an issue?

Oh, I thought you were taking them in the fall. I think that will be fine, then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what option to select for the "MCAT Writing Score" drop-down menu on the application for this post-bac if you took the MCAT this year when there was no writing section? It wont allow you to submit the application without it.

Last edited:
None of my docs are showing up on portal! I submitted my application a little over 2 weeks ago so I'm kind of worrying right now. I called a few times and sent in an email to see what's up but I don't want to annoy them. This is literally my #1 choice program/school so please give me good news!!! lol

Did anyone get an email saying their application was complete?

Should I be worried it says my Transcript is under review when they haven't gotten my Transcript or Rec letter yet...

Should I be worried it says my Transcript is under review when they haven't gotten my Transcript or Rec letter yet...

Do you mean "application is under review"?

Mine has been "under review" since they received my first document.

Just realized that I miscalculated my sGPA. It's actually .2 higher than I thought it was. I met the minimum requirement for everything, which gives me a little more confidence than I had a few posts ago. Best of luck to everyone!

I did not get into the DO program for this fall so I turned in my Post Bac application last week. I have a few quick questions.

I emailed Jamie and he said that I did not have to turn in a transcript because he was going to take it from my DO file. I got an email this morning that my file is under review but my LOR has not been sent in so I was wondering if since they can use my transcript from my DO file if they could also make use of the committee LOR package that I sent in.

I am kinda worried. Here are my stats Engineering Major, Math, Chemistry and Biology minors 3.64cGPA and 3.55sGPA, 24Q (8 on all sections),

Are we supposed to get an email stating that our application is complete? All my required documents have been received but I never got an email about whether my file is complete. Still says that its under review.

Thing is I don't know that is why I am asking to see if someone here knows. All my documents are in but it does not even recognize it in the portal. I hope I get a positive response back. *fingers crossed*

Thing is I don't know that is why I am asking to see if someone here knows. All my documents are in but it does not even recognize it in the portal. I hope I get a positive response back. *fingers crossed*

If Jamie told you that all your documents are in, then don't worry about the website. It will be up soon. If not, then call/email Jamie and ask if he got everything and is your application s complete

Are we supposed to get an email stating that our application is complete? All my required documents have been received but I never got an email about whether my file is complete. Still says that its under review.

As far as I remember they don't send you an email to confirm that your app is complete. Just check back your portal and if it says ... A decision has been made ... You will receive a letter in mail

Ah! thanks for that. I just checked the portal and my transcript and MCAT scores have been updated. I will look out for the letters in the mail. Thanks once again.

Hey so I checked the portal today and they said that the Committee has made a decision on my application and my science professor just sent in my letter of recommendation today and it even says in the portal that they have not received y letter of recommendation. I am really scared right now. Did this happen to anyone? :confused:

Hey so I checked the portal today and they said that the Committee has made a decision on my application and my science professor just sent in my letter of recommendation today and it even says in the portal that they have not received y letter of recommendation. I am really scared right now. Did this happen to anyone? :confused:

Did they already have your LOR's from your DO application?

Did they already have your LOR's from your DO application?
Yes they do have the committee package from my DO application but I read somewhere here that they didn't make use of that so I asked a science professor to send in a LOR.

I just sent in my deposit for the post bac program today, does anyone know how to get into the Facebook group? My stats for those that were wondering were a 3.23 overall 3.0 Science and a 24 MCAT. :) thanks

I just sent in my deposit for the post bac program today, does anyone know how to get into the Facebook group? My stats for those that were wondering were a 3.23 overall 3.0 Science and a 24 MCAT. :) thanks

Congrats! Request to join the group on fb and someone will approve it

Did anyone do the background check and drug test yet through verified credentials. Does the school cover the cost or is it coming out of our pockets? Lecom is pretty thorough when it comes to checking backgrounds.

Did anyone do the background check and drug test yet through verified credentials. Does the school cover the cost or is it coming out of our pockets? Lecom is pretty thorough when it comes to checking backgrounds.

Your pocket - cost around $134

For those that were rejected, sorry to hear that but use the time to your advantage. i didn't get in last year with around a 3.3 science gpa and a low MCAT. The difference for this year was that I did postbac work for a semester with 9 credits, 4pted it all, I think I had a better LOR this time and I applied in early March versus late summer(same MCAT). Changed my essay up a bit too. I ended up taking 16 credits of upper level sciences for the whole year with a 3.75 science gpa. My mcat is pretty high now too and i think i have shots at better schools while i'm in the program. I worked hard for a year without many leads, improved my gpa, had a good time at a different university doing a postbacc, meeting new ppl, worked on my MCAT and improved it, etc. Really looking forward to this program but now I'm in a position to get into some better schools too in the mean time due to the time I had. So if any of you guys have no leads for a sure fire program, use the time you have wisely because a year is gonna fly by before you know it. Just make sure when that next year rolls around, you have some solid work/credentials underneath you to push farther forward.
I was really in the dumps last year with no leads. Stay positive, work hard and towards your goal, enjoy the time and life you have. Invest in the process, not the outcome. Things will slowly start coming together. The grind is beautiful in a way. Good luck!

Do you feel as if it would be better to apply early with a 3.3? Or wait til after spring semester for the possible 3.4-3.45?

From my research it sounds like applying early is key to these postbacs but I wanna make sure my stats stack up.

can anyone shed some light on how this program relates to PCOM-GA and Lincoln Memorial University's Post Bac program?

I've been accepted to all 3 (PCOM-GA, LMU, LECOM) and can't decide which to attend. I want to use this program as a gateway into medical school for the Fall 2014 term.
I understand LECOM has a 23+ MCAT and a 3.0 minimum GPA for a "guaranteed interview/acceptance." How does this compare with LMU's 3.0/24+ MCAT and PCOM-GA 3.0/24+ MCAT.

I've been reading that PCOM will interview you with a 3.0 but realistically only accepts students with a 3.5 or greater while LECOM and LMU accept with a 3.0

Hopefully this will help shed light on others who are also undecided and those who need to seek another program.

Where did you hear that you need a 24 MCAT at lmu for an interview? As far as I know all that is required for the interview is the gpa minimum for the program? A 20 is required for admission to the program but from what I've heard if you have a 22/23 MCAT with a good showing in the program that should get you in. Just wondering if this 24 is something that you got from the school directly or some other source? I was told from the program coordinator that last years average MCAT for people in the program that got into lmu was just over 23.

drkobebryant, I'd apply as early as possible after Fall/Winter Semester for best chances, imo. Try maybe squeezing in some classes this summer? From the fbook page, I feel like 50-60% acceptances were made by April/May, so waiting till afterwards may make it more competitive.

teleopti, I don't know too much abt those other programs but I've seen some discussions on them already, even on old LECOM postbacc discussions.

Where did you hear that you need a 24 MCAT at lmu for an interview? As far as I know all that is required for the interview is the gpa minimum for the program? A 20 is required for admission to the program but from what I've heard if you have a 22/23 MCAT with a good showing in the program that should get you in. Just wondering if this 24 is something that you got from the school directly or some other source? I was told from the program coordinator that last years average MCAT for people in the program that got into lmu was just over 23.

I got it directly from the school. Average MCAT was a 24.6 for the 2012 incoming class last year and it goes up a bit every year. Call the school and ask to be certain.

Anyone heard anything recently? All the requirement boxes were filled 2 weeks ago but it is still under review.

I sent my application along with all materials required in the first week of May. Just received my acceptance letter this week.

Does any former post bac students know if I could survive without a car there? Especially if I found housing within walking distance to the Bayfront campus where classes are.

I still haven't gotten my letter. I am so nervous but on the good side, I got accepted into the program at Touro. But cost is making me lean towards this so I hope I get my letter soon because I have a deadline to reserve my seat at Touro.

I'm still waiting for my letter too. I'm so nervous, I hope we get go news? Congratulations on the Touro acceptances ..
I still haven't gotten my letter. I am so nervous but on the good side, I got accepted into the program at Touro. But cost is making me lean towards this so I hope I get my letter soon because I have a deadline to reserve my seat at Touro.

Did anyone's status just change to something similar to this "The admissions committee has made a decision. You'll receive the decision in the mail within 30 days?" I'm incredibly nervous about what the decision the admissions committee made! I applied late April and still haven't heard back but I know someone who applied a few weeks after and received a rejection 2 weeks ago. So nervous over here!

Did anyone's status just change to something similar to this "The admissions committee has made a decision. You'll receive the decision in the mail within 30 days?" I'm incredibly nervous about what the decision the admissions committee made! I applied late April and still haven't heard back but I know someone who applied a few weeks after and received a rejection 2 weeks ago. So nervous over here!

Mine just changed to that too! Hopefully we get our letters by the end of the week.

Mine just changed to that too! Hopefully we get our letters by the end of the week.

yes, mine had changed to that as well. i had received the acceptance letter a week later. maybe you guys will get some good news in the mail. :thumbup: