LECOM Post-bacc 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys, I didn't see a facebook page for the post-bac program so I decided to make one so that those who plan on going to LECOM in the fall can talk about living situations, etc. It should be under LECOM Post-Bac 2015-2016 if you guys would like to join!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
what percent of masters students get into DO school???

Hey Guys!
I applied in Mid February and my status just changed from "under review" to "decision has been made". Jamie informed me that I should be receiving the letter in the mail sometime next week with the decision. My stats were low for my GPA at 2.89 however I got a 33 on the MCAT in October (11's on each section). Hopefully they saw something they liked and I'll be attending with those who got in!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This may be a stupid question, but is the post-bacc program eligible for GRAD plus loans?

Hey Guys!
I applied in Med February and my status just changed from "under review" to "decision has been made". Jamie informed me that I should be receiving the letter in the mail sometime next week with the decision. My stats were low for my GPA at 2.89 however I got a 33 on the MCAT in October (11's on each section). Hopefully they saw something they liked and I'll be attending with those who got in!
Good luck hope you get in!!

Hi guys, I didn't see a facebook page for the post-bac program so I decided to make one so that those who plan on going to LECOM in the fall can talk about living situations, etc. It should be under LECOM Post-Bac 2015-2016 if you guys would like to join!
Did you end up making a group? I tried to look for it on facebook but did not find it.

Hey yall I have a question. My application changed to under review today. I also received a supplemental application today from LECOM. Do you think it would be a waist of money to submit a supplemental? If I did would that delay my processing for the post bac?

This may be a stupid question, but is the post-bacc program eligible for GRAD plus loans?
I would ask this question in one of the old forums I'm sure you will get an answer! Or you could email Jamie Murphy

Hey yall I have a question. My application changed to under review today. I also received a supplemental application today from LECOM. Do you think it would be a waist of money to submit a supplemental? If I did would that delay my processing for the post bac?
Nevermind Jamie emailed me back and said that applying to LECOM does not interfere with applying to the postbac

I'm getting worried because my application has been "under review" for quite some time now; at least a month. my application was processed on january 14th and some people have posted here that applied later than I did and have already been accepted. I have a 23 MCAT and 3.5 GPA... I thought that would be sufficient seeing how the program only requires a 23 MCAT to get an interview as long as one meets the 3.0 GPA in the program. what do y'all think my chances are of being accepted?

I'm getting worried because my application has been "under review" for quite some time now; at least a month. my application was processed on january 14th and some people have posted here that applied later than I did and have already been accepted. I have a 23 MCAT and 3.5 GPA... I thought that would be sufficient seeing how the program only requires a 23 MCAT to get an interview as long as one meets the 3.0 GPA in the program. what do y'all think my chances are of being accepted?
Have you emailed Jamie about this or called. Im sure if you do it will speed up the process. I believe your GPA is above average for the normal stats. I know the average MCAT is 25 for acceptance but they look at more than just numbers like EC. I would stay calm and call tomorrow.

Have you emailed Jamie about this or called. Im sure if you do it will speed up the process. I believe your GPA is above average for the normal stats. I know the average MCAT is 25 for acceptance but they look at more than just numbers like EC. I would stay calm and call tomorrow.
how do u know that the avg MCAT is 25? It seems high for a masters. I mean you can get into lower tier DO schools with a 25.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do u know that the avg MCAT is 25? It seems high for a masters. I mean you can get into lower tier DO schools with a 25.
I saw it in an old post(see first page) and emailed jamie about it who confirmed it. It does seem higher but 23 is the MIN requirement so it shouldnt be so surprising.

Also there are other masters programs that have a higher MCAT score requirement especially with the DO linkage

I really want to attend here but I can't apply until near the deadline because I'm not taking the MCAT until late June. I know people get in late, but it would be nice to have the piece of mind that I'm in for next year. I was supposed to take the MCAT in January but dropped my spot. I feel dumb because I know I would have done good enough for admission here but I didn't know about the program.

I really want to attend here but I can't apply until near the deadline because I'm not taking the MCAT until late June. I know people get in late, but it would be nice to have the piece of mind that I'm in for next year. I was supposed to take the MCAT in January but dropped my spot. I feel dumb because I know I would have done good enough for admission here but I didn't know about the program.
Thats okay! Just focus on kicking but on the Mcat and im sure youll be fine!! :)

Also i would go ahead and apply and just send in your MCAT scores when you get them so the process is quicker. Thats what i did and the next day everything went to under review

This letter truly does come in snail mail -_-

super anxious to find out the decision

Also i would go ahead and apply and just send in your MCAT scores when you get them so the process is quicker. Thats what i did and the next day everything went to under review
Yeah I should have everything for my app done soon except for the mcat. I guess I should stop apartment hunting for Erie and get cracking on the mcat haha

how difficult is it to get the 3.o gpa for linkage?

I'm glad to report that I got into the program and will be attending this coming fall.

Reactions: 2 users
how are we supposed to send the MCAT scores?

Yeah I should have everything for my app done soon except for the mcat. I guess I should stop apartment hunting for Erie and get cracking on the mcat haha
Haha yeah probably a good idea! I started apartment looking while applying too haha

Hey guys just got the acceptance today! Was complete on 3/4 and just received the letter in the mail today!

Reactions: 1 users
3.42 gpa and 26 MCAT

Hey everyone! Just out of curiosity, about how long after your application was complete did you find out if you were accepted / rejected from the program?

Sent in everything slowly over the course of Jan/Feb
AACOMAS-verified 3/4
Application complete-3/7
Application under review-3/11
Waiting patiently....will post date when decision has been made

Sent in everything slowly over the course of Jan/Feb
AACOMAS-verified 3/4
Application complete-3/7
Application under review-3/11
Waiting patiently....will post date when decision has been made

Omg just got an email saying I will be reviewed this week and a letter will be sent next week! Hope it's good news!

Reactions: 3 users

There are several ways, if you applied through aacomas you dont have to resend them. I have heard of some people screen shotting the tmx screen. Email Jamie for further details

" The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

hoping to hear good news soon

Reactions: 2 users
" The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

hoping to hear good news soon

Good luck! It took about 12 days for me before the mail finally arrived.

Just got my letter but I can't open it until i get home in one hour... ughhh lol hope its good news

Accepted!!!!!! Finally! See you all in class!!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey all I got accepted into the program with a 3.15cgpa/sgpa and 26 mcat so there is hope for everyone. I loves learning and science is my favoritest subject. Good luck to everyone. Not sure if ill be attending though I like the mexican food back in AZ too much. Can anyone tell me what the food situation is like in PA?

Hey all I got accepted into the program with a 3.15cgpa/sgpa and 26 mcat so there is hope for everyone. I loves learning and science is my favoritest subject. Good luck to everyone. Not sure if ill be attending though I like the mexican food back in AZ too much. Can anyone tell me what the food situation is like in PA?
Hi did you take any upper level science courses..? Did you have an extracurriculars..? Any red flags on your app.? When did you apply.

Do you think I have a good shot, I will have a 3.38 overall gpa, 3.6-3.75 science gpa when I apply. Over 600 hrs of RN experience, 180 hrs of miscallenous volunteering, over 150 hrs of hospital volunteering over 5 years. I took microbio and molecular cell bio.
But I have a red flag of an academic dismissal in 2010 from a PA program, but I retook some of the classes I did bad in and got As. ...

I am a good test taker, so I believe I'll get at least a 28 on the mca.
Do you think I have a shot...?

finally accepted! 3.25 sGPA, 3.5 cGPA, 23MCAT. not positive if i'm going to attend - still waitlisted at WVSOM.

Hi did you take any upper level science courses..? Did you have an extracurriculars..? Any red flags on your app.? When did you apply.

Do you think I have a good shot, I will have a 3.38 overall gpa, 3.6-3.75 science gpa when I apply. Over 600 hrs of RN experience, 180 hrs of miscallenous volunteering, over 150 hrs of hospital volunteering over 5 years. I took microbio and molecular cell bio.
But I have a red flag of an academic dismissal in 2010 from a PA program, but I retook some of the classes I did bad in and got As. ...

I am a good test taker, so I believe I'll get at least a 28 on the mca.
Do you think I have a shot...?

as long as you get a 23 or above on the MCAT i don't see why you wouldn't get into the program.

yeah you kind of have to take upper level science courses to graduate from college if youre majoring in the sciences. As long as you do well on your mcat I dont even know why you would do this program. Get in the upper 20s and you could probably get into a DO school. I havent ever volunteered in a hospital or really anywhere so way to be proactive. Also I had probation and was disqualifed from school my freshman year so I dont think they mind. Good luck.

p.s. I applied in late february or early march.

yeah you kind of have to take upper level science courses to graduate from college if youre majoring in the sciences. As long as you do well on your mcat I dont even know why you would do this program. Get in the upper 20s and you could probably get into a DO school. I havent ever volunteered in a hospital or really anywhere so way to be proactive. Also I had probation and was disqualifed from school my freshman year so I dont think they mind. Good luck.

p.s. I applied in late february or early march.

yeah, very true. if you can get a 28 there's no need to do this program anyway. that's higher than most DO schools' average scores

Was I rejected just because I had a 22 MCAT? Everything else I think was good enough for this program. I'm bitter lol

Was I rejected just because I had a 22 MCAT? Everything else I think was good enough for this program. I'm bitter lol
I have no idea! I thought I have seen people in previous threads get admitted with a 22-23 as well.

I have no idea! I thought I have seen people in previous threads get admitted with a 22-23 as well.
I did too. I applied to KCUMB's and USF's one year masters too. Hopefully they'll show me some love.

Congratulations on your acceptance!

Did you ever call and ask?