LECOM Post-Bacc 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are we supposed to receive something back from the school after turning in our Matriculation/ Financial aid package?
What's the financial aid packet?

Okay lol I figured it out I'm gonna email it in tonight

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you all listing this program under planned coursework in AADSAS/AAMCAS?

Are you all listing this program under planned coursework in AADSAS/AAMCAS?

I haven't started on my AADSAS yet but yes, I'll be listing this program under planned coursework.

I haven't started on my AADSAS yet but yes, I'll be listing this program under planned coursework.

I've looked everywhere for some sort of course guide but cant find anything with course numbers so I'm not sure how you would do it. Do you have the course numbers?

This is the only thing that is keeping me from submitting, it's so frustrating.

I've looked everywhere for some sort of course guide but cant find anything with course numbers so I'm not sure how you would do it. Do you have the course numbers?

This is the only thing that is keeping me from submitting, it's so frustrating.

Oh, that's right...completely forgot about the course numbers. Maybe email Jamie?

Hey everyone,

I applied to LECOM and was complete last Monday. By Wednesday, a decision had been made and I am anxiously awaiting the letter. It has been 9 days and I'm getting very curious! For those who were accepted, were there any clues on the admissions portal? Thanks and good luck to everyone who is applying!

Hey everyone,

I applied to LECOM and was complete last Monday. By Wednesday, a decision had been made and I am anxiously awaiting the letter. It has been 9 days and I'm getting very curious! For those who were accepted, were there any clues on the admissions portal? Thanks and good luck to everyone who is applying!

Mind me asking what are your stats?

To people who have completed the program:

How did you/your classmates handle going to interviews during the program? Did it set you back missing a day of class? Are lectures recorded, allowing you to catch up easily?

The interview was from 8 - 12 pm with an optional tour after. Most of us didn't take it because by the interview day, we had already been acquainted with LECOM. We would still go to class at 2.

Some of my classmates were lucky and had it during a "study day", which is a day where there were no classes.

Reactions: 1 user
The interview was from 8 - 12 pm with an optional tour after. Most of us didn't take it because by the interview day, we had already been acquainted with LECOM. We would still go to class at 2.

Some of my classmates were lucky and had it during a "study day", which is a day where there were no classes.
I believe they were asking about interviewing at other schools during the program.

And from what I've seen is that you are excused for the day if you have an interview

I believe they were asking about interviewing at other schools during the program.

And from what I've seen is that you are excused for the day if you have an interview

Whoops haha

But yeah, you get an excused absence but there aren't any podcasts or recordings. You just have to get notes from your fellow classmates. they also account for travel time as well. Erie's airport is expensive though since it's a smaller airport.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dropped my seat last week because I was accepted into VCOM post bacc, so hopefully that means somebody else who's been waiting to hear gets an acceptance!! Good luck guys!

Just got this from Jamie:

"Post Bac curriculum for 2016-17:

Fall Semester
Course Numbers Courses Credit Hours
CLB 1501 Cell Biology 2
BCH 1501 Biochemistry 3
PHY 1510 Physiology 5
CLB 1504 Histology 1
GEN 1510 Medical Genetics 1
MCB 1501 Microbiology 2
RM 1501 Critical Thinking 1
Total 15

Spring Semester
ANT 1505 Anatomy 5
IMM 1501 Immunology 1
VIR 1501 Virology 1
PTH 1501 Pathology 4
PHC 1503 Pharmacology & Toxicology 3
MED 1501 Introduction to Clinical Medicine 1
Total 15"

Reactions: 3 users
Just got this from Jamie:

"Post Bac curriculum for 2016-17:

Fall Semester
CLB 1501 Cell Biology 2
BCH 1501 Biochemistry 3
PHY 1510 Physiology 5
CLB 1504 Histology 1
GEN 1510 Medical Genetics 1
MCB 1501 Microbiology 2
RM 1501 Critical Thinking 1
Total 15

Spring Semester
ANT 1505 Anatomy 5
IMM 1501 Immunology 1
VIR 1501 Virology 1
PTH 1501 Pathology 4
PHC 1503 Pharmacology & Toxicology 3
MED 1501 Introduction to Clinical Medicine 1
Total 15"

They added toxicology?

Does anyone have the academic calendar for the program for 2016-2017? Basically, when do classes end fall semester/start winter semester?

Those of you (men) going to the orientation Friday: are you wearing a tie to the event? I figured it would be preferred since that's what we are expected to wear on campus. Still seeing if I can get off work to make it.

How can I figure out where the classes will begin

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hey everyone,

did you get a response yet? my decision changed in 2 days as well

did you get a response yet? my decision changed in 2 days as well

You guys should hear back around 1-2 weeks unless something happens. The only notification you will get will be your status changing and that's it. I wished the acceptance was given electronically, but I suppose snail mail allows for greater anticipation and excitement/anxiousness.

I got accepted so excited!!! :soexcited:

does this mean i need to apply to lecom through aacom too?

I got accepted so excited!!! :soexcited:

does this mean i need to apply to lecom through aacom too?

Congrats!

And yes for all the schools you're applying to for next year, you'll need to do the aacomas.

The nice thing about LECOM's post bac is you only need to apply to the Erie campus. During the interview, you'll have the option of ranking Erie, Seton Hill, AND Bradenton. So you won't have to do a separate Bradenton application. (I would ask just in case they change anything this year, but that's how it was for us). Hopefully you'll be able to save money on the application process.

Guys where can I find out where and when the classes will be held? And just general information about our semesters? There is no catalog for the post bacc. Are we at the bay front campus or the other one? Where are the majority of the post baccs living

Guys where can I find out where and when the classes will be held? And just general information about our semesters? There is no catalog for the post bacc. Are we at the bay front campus or the other one? Where are the majority of the post baccs living

If you can't find the schedule, then it's probably not up yet. Last year, classes started on September 2 which was a Wednesday. That first day was a 4 hour orientation, the day after was an 8 hour orientation, and two days after was when classes started. Classes are held on the main campus. So expect classes to start within the last week of August or beginning of September.

Live close to campus. Laurel ridge/laurel springs/scenery hills/the houses in the area. I've said it many times, but it'll save you a lot of trouble come winter.

That still stands per the campus visit day thing today, you apply to just Erie

After acceptance into the post bacc, should we send in our actual aacomas application to the med school asap??? And does the earlier the better philosophy still apply to post bacc students??

After acceptance into the post bacc, should we send in our actual aacomas application to the med school asap??? And does the earlier the better philosophy still apply to post bacc students??

At the open campus thing Mr. Murphy said you want your primary app in by Dec 1st, and your secondary by the 20th (IIRC).

You might as well just take care of it now during the summer

At the open campus thing Mr. Murphy said you want your primary app in by Dec 1st, and your secondary by the 20th (IIRC).

You might as well just take care of it now during the summer

Was the open house super informative? Kind of regretting not going now but I'm wondering if we will be told all the same stuff at orientation again. I have yet to receive my matriculation packet so I feel sort of in the dark.

Was the open house super informative? Kind of regretting not going now but I'm wondering if we will be told all the same stuff at orientation again. I have yet to receive my matriculation packet so I feel sort of in the dark.
If you're like me and have kept up with this thread and possibly skimmed previous years, I would say it was not super informative. The most beneficial part, for me at least, was seeing the building, finding housing, and hearing what former post-bacc students had to say. They did mention that the former students would come to speak with us again during orientation, and I'm sure we'll get another tour of some sort.

The earlier the better. It's one less thing for you to worry about during school and it also dictates when your interview will be. Some people who turned their applications in right before the deadline ended up having to interview with normal applicants.

Post bac interviews only have a group interview while normal interviews have group interview and mmi, but that's just FYI.

It was cool but provided no information you couldn't garner from SDN. The only reason I went was to look for apartments as well and I was able to visit friends in NYC soon after. I also did the whole security badge thing

It was cool but provided no information you couldn't garner from SDN. The only reason I went was to look for apartments as well and I was able to visit friends in NYC soon after. I also did the whole security badge thing
Did you hear back from Laurel Springs or Laurel Ridge?

Did you hear back from Laurel Springs or Laurel Ridge?
I stopped by and they said I was still on the list. I just needed to save enough money for a deposit and now I'm planning to just hound them till I can get a place.

Did you hear back from fin aid lol?

I stopped by and they said I was still on the list. I just needed to save enough money for a deposit and now I'm planning to just hound them till I can get a place.

Did you hear back from fin aid lol?

No, I haven't heard back from financial aid. Lecom office of financial aid said they will send out award letters this month. I'm going to keep calling laurel springs and ridge. I'm on their waiting list but I'm paranoid that they won't notify me when an apartment becomes available.

I'm just going to jump into this forum.

I would like to say congrats to people who got accepted.

I actually took MCAT two days ago and planned to apply for postbac program here upcoming cycle.

My cGPA and sGPA for AACOMAS are both around 2.8-2.9

I hope I scored higher than 505+ because that's what I scored on both AAMC practice exams.

I have pretty good ECs and LORs.

When should I apply?

Thank you!

When do they open the application for the next year? :(

And thank you! It was a fun experience haha

Ohh, I totally thought you meant this cycle. My bad! To answer your question...I'm not sure when applications open for next cycle...

Ohh, I totally thought you meant this cycle. My bad! To answer your question...I'm not sure when applications open for next cycle...
I thought it's too late to apply this cycle :(

Or should I just apply?!!

For those who applied with AIS, did you submit your SAT/ACT score to LECOM? If so, how much did you pay?