LECOM Post-Bacc 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good afternoon guys, I am writing my application right now and I was wondering if I can get some help with answering a question.

In part 9, when it asks for academic/conduct probation, does plagiarism go here?

Appreciate the helps, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, I am also working on my application for this cycle. I was on dis. Probation freshman yr UG for being in a dorm w alcohol (dry campus). Any advice on how to answer...or if i should? It was never sent to the academic office and I graduated from a different univ...but i would be more nervous avoiding it and would rather acknowleding it in a good light. Thanks!

Sorry if this distracts anyone from the application. I have a different question for my situation. Has anyone tried studying for the MCAT while they are in the program or know anyone that has done it? I need to retake my MCAT and I don't think I can get it in this year so I have to wait til next year to take it. What are my possible choices? Will I be able to take it after the program ends, before I matriculate?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this distracts anyone from the application. I have a different question for my situation. Has anyone tried studying for the MCAT while they are in the program or know anyone that has done it? I need to retake my MCAT and I don't think I can get it in this year so I have to wait til next year to take it. What are my possible choices? Will I be able to take it after the program ends, before I matriculate?

I sent an email to them something similar to your question. You need to have MCAT score for matriculation. If I know this correctly, they send out interview invites if you did well for the first semester before next year MCAT begins.

Good afternoon guys, I am writing my application right now and I was wondering if I can get some help with answering a question.

In part 9, when it asks for academic/conduct probation, does plagiarism go here?

Appreciate the helps, thank you.

That definitely is
Hello everyone, I am also working on my application for this cycle. I was on dis. Probation freshman yr UG for being in a dorm w alcohol (dry campus). Any advice on how to answer...or if i should? It was never sent to the academic office and I graduated from a different univ...but i would be more nervous avoiding it and would rather acknowleding it in a good light. Thanks!

I would just write it out. I mean your official transcript shows that right?

I sent an email to them something similar to your question. You need to have MCAT score for matriculation. If I know this correctly, they send out interview invites if you did well for the first semester before next year MCAT begins.

Are you in the same boat? What is your plan?
I'm trying to work out a plan and see if I can meet all the deadlines.

Thanks for you reply.

I have never accessed a copy of my official transcript, I only have looked at my unofficial. I am assuming I should request the trans from the Univ that the incident happened at not my primary univ that conferred the degree...? If it is not listed on either trans should I not mention it?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Are you in the same boat? What is your plan?
I'm trying to work out a plan and see if I can meet all the deadlines.

Thanks for you reply.

Similar, I took the exam last week. When I emailed Jamie about the issue, he said that he would like to see my MCAT before making the decision. I already applied. I had LOR ready for med school before but my GPA did not work out as well as I hoped for. I sent in my transcripts as well already. I'm just waiting to hear back.

I have never accessed a copy of my official transcript, I only have looked at my unofficial. I am assuming I should request the trans from the Univ that the incident happened at not my primary univ that conferred the degree...? If it is not listed on either trans should I not mention it?

I mean, you're going to have to send in all your transcripts anyways. And, when this program is trying to help students into medical programs, so I would say include whatever happened to you on the application. If you were in their shoes, you would probably want to know everything about your applicant's academic history before making your applicant into a doctor right?

Yes, I would have agree with you 100% However, since I transferred to a different school do you think that I should request an additional LOR from my advisor to indicate that I left in good standing and it was not connected to the incidence...or would that bring too much attention to the situation..

Similar, I took the exam last week. When I emailed Jamie about the issue, he said that he would like to see my MCAT before making the decision. I already applied. I had LOR ready for med school before but my GPA did not work out as well as I hoped for. I sent in my transcripts as well already. I'm just waiting to hear back.

I mean, you're going to have to send in all your transcripts anyways. And, when this program is trying to help students into medical programs, so I would say include whatever happened to you on the application. If you were in their shoes, you would probably want to know everything about your applicant's academic history before making your applicant into a doctor right?

Ah okay, I guess I should email Jamie too and go from there. But I would still love to hear if anyone has tried studying for the MCAT during the post bacc program, or what their plan was when they got into the program and ended up having to retake the MCAT.

Thanks all!

Ah okay, I guess I should email Jamie too and go from there. But I would still love to hear if anyone has tried studying for the MCAT during the post bacc program, or what their plan was when they got into the program and ended up having to retake the MCAT.

Thanks all!

You could apply with SAT score!

What i'm afraid of is that when they send out for the interview invites if you have higher than 3.0, that's what I'm afraid of. Other than that, you should apply with your SAT score!!

where do you guys put the post-bac in on your AACOMAS DO app?

Reactions: 1 users
where do you guys put the post-bac in on your AACOMAS DO app?
Im going to put it on planned course work. Add LECOM to colleges and add the courses for each semester. I hope it's right.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those applied with AIS score, how long did it take for them to receive the transcripts and the test score? I submitted my application last week, and submitted my letter last week, which now shows up as received. But my transripts and test score are not showing up. I requested them on the day I submitted my application as well. The website says not received. :(

I have a question...so I am accepted in this post bacc program and I was planning on taking my mcat for the first time this August. However, in the acceptance letter it states a AIS of 110 or higher can waive the mcat requirement and I have a 117. So should I still give my mcat or just use the time to pick up a second job to save up a little more for tuition?

For those applied with AIS score, how long did it take for them to receive the transcripts and the test score? I submitted my application last week, and submitted my letter last week, which now shows up as received. But my transripts and test score are not showing up. I requested them on the day I submitted my application as well. The website says not received. :(

when I sent my SAT scores it was updated right away on file. Did you go through college board and send them your old scores from their archives... it costed around 40$ to do it that way. My transcript took the longest time to show as received it took almost two weeks. I hated waiting and checked the portal 3 times a day to see if anything updated

when I sent my SAT scores it was updated right away on file. Did you go through college board and send them your old scores from their archives... it costed around 40$ to do it that way. My transcript took the longest time to show as received it took almost two weeks. I hated waiting and checked the portal 3 times a day to see if anything updated

I did pay 42 dollars :( idk why it's not up yet. I wonder if I chose the school wrong but when I searched the college code, I found LECOM in Pennsylvania one and selected that, which is the Erie campus.

Yeah I've been checking at least three times a day :(

I guess I gotta wait about a week more than :(

Where do you guys find the course codes for the classes?
Just got this from Jamie:

"Post Bac curriculum for 2016-17:

Fall Semester
Course Numbers Courses Credit Hours
CLB 1501 Cell Biology 2
BCH 1501 Biochemistry 3
PHY 1510 Physiology 5
CLB 1504 Histology 1
GEN 1510 Medical Genetics 1
MCB 1501 Microbiology 2
RM 1501 Critical Thinking 1
Total 15

Spring Semester
Course Numbers Courses Credit Hours
ANT 1505 Anatomy 5
IMM 1501 Immunology 1
VIR 1501 Virology 1
PTH 1501 Pathology 4
PHC 1503 Pharmacology & Toxicology 3
MED 1501 Introduction to Clinical Medicine 1
Total 15"

Is there anyone interested in sharing a house? I found some good deals online. Some 3 bedrooms for 1200 that are pretty close to campus. Pm me if interested...

I would say its best to get the mcat out of the way before you start the program. You'll need to dedicate all the free time you have towards studying for your classes. I did the postbacc. two years ago and rest assured it definitely prepared me (in terms of study habits) for MS-1 . The PB curriculum probably covered about 50% of what your going to see your first year.

If you were already in the program I feel as if it would be preparing you for the MCAT. They're first semester course material is pretty much what is covered on the MCAT, you would only have to study for the physics, psychology/sociology, and verbal reasoning sections.

So my status changed to decision has been made. Is there anyway I can find out right now? :(

I'm going to submit my application to this program soon. I hope I'm not too late!

Does anyone know what the lowest stats are of people who were admitted to the program prior or currently?

Hey everyone. How many of you have been accepted into the program so far? I'm still waiting to hear about my acceptance. I applied in May.

When do they open the application for the next year? :(

And thank you! It was a fun experience haha

I asked LECOM this same question and their reply was," The application re-opens in September, but the admissions process does not begin until mid to late December for the 2017 start."

Hope this helps! I am also waiting to apply next year because I am doing some retakes to improve my GPA because DO schools take grade replacement!

just got accepted today! is anyone still looking for a roommate?

man... got the rejection letter :( I guess I should apply earlier next time haha

Hey everyone! I just got the acceptance letter in the mail. Most likely I will be enrolling in this post bacc, but I was wondering if there is a separate forum for anyone still looking for roommates? Also is there any off campus housing nearby? I will most likely have a car.

What kind of ECs are they looking for? Will I be ok with only a few months of clinical experience?

Congrats! When did you submit your application? I will definitely be looking for a roommate if I get accepted.
thanks! i submitted at the end of june.. i'm actually waitlisted there for med school so I think that definitely helped me since I applied so late. hopefully you find out if you got in soon!

What were the ECs like for accepted students?
I had almost a hundred hours of shadowing, and a few months of work as an ER scribe. Other than that there was one volunteer abroad, some club positions, and that's pretty much it.

Volunteer translator with internist MD (+700 hrs), ER volunteer and Pathology Dept(+100 hrs)

What were the ECs like for accepted students?
I had a lot of community service through my church and leadership positions throughout undergrad. However, when I applied I had only 15 hours shadowing an optometrist and 8 hours shadowing an anesthesiologist MD, so I think it varies what they're looking for. So maybe if you're strong in one area it makes up for the ones you might be weaker in.

Can someone who applied to the program using an ACT score pm me?

Anyone recieve an email from Jamie about the mcat/ais status?
Yeah I think that went to all people, including those for which it doesn't apply to (have already scored above). I was a little worried about it for a sec. Definitely don't want to take that thing again