LECOM Post-Bacc 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Private tutoring is the way to go although my parents are dropping some serious stacks on it. I took a Princeton class and thought it really wasn't much help.

Physics seems to be my worst. I take my first fl in a week. Hoping to get 500 or up

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

You're going to do really well. I only used Kaplan and AAMC but that's about where I was, and I scored 510+.

When is your test date?
April 1st. Starting my cancer research position soon so hopefully that won't distract me too much otherwise moving to April 23rd.

Physics seems to be my worst. I take my first fl in a week. Hoping to get 500 or up

Physics sucks but at the same time it's so little of the exam. Bio inside and out is vital.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the first wave of rejections has been set out

Got my acceptance today! I'm 99% sure this is where I am going to go (I applied to M.S. Anatomy programs as well). Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Got my acceptance today! I'm 99% sure this is where I am going to go (I applied to M.S. Anatomy programs as well). Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
Congrats! Waiting for someone to make an fb group haha.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

Congrats. Mind sharing your stats?

Congrats. Mind sharing your stats?

No problem!
Graduating in May with a B.S. Biology and Music
cGPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.1
I haven't taken the MCAT yet so I applied with an AIS of 124
I also have several leadership positions and volunteer work

Admissions committee made a decision in less than a week. Hope it's good news. As a side question, do you think putting down my deposit here takes me out of consideration for the medical school? I submitted this app before I found out that I got an interview. That is assuming I got accepted :confused:

Last edited:
Admissions committee made a decision in less than a week. Hope it's good news. As a side question, do you think putting down my deposit here takes me out of consideration for the medical school? I submitted this app before I found out that I got an interview. That is assuming I got accepted :confused:
I think you definitely got accepted if you got an interview for the med school! But I don't think submitting the deposit changes your position to be accepted (to LECOM med). It's a good back up to have in case they don't take you for the med school program!

New sdn member here - with a quick question!

I know the MCAT requirement for post bacc to the DO program is a score in the 40th percentile or above. Does anyone know if there have been any students admitted into the DO program with an MCAT percentile score lower than that (without the use of the AIS)? I have a MCAT score that is in the 37th percentile, do you think they would be lenient with acceptance or would they have me retake the MCAT exam? I'm sure my AIS score is too low for consideration, so that is why I'm only asking about the MCAT. Thank you!

I know the MCAT requirement for post bacc to the DO program is a score in the 40th percentile or above. Does anyone know if there have been any students admitted into the DO program with an MCAT percentile score lower than that (without the use of the AIS)? I have a MCAT score that is in the 37th percentile, do you think they would be lenient with acceptance or would they have me retake the MCAT exam? I'm sure my AIS score is too low for consideration, so that is why I'm only asking about the MCAT. Thank you!
Considering all other facets of your application are adequate I believe they will ask you to take the MCAT exam before making a decision. They will not accept lower than 40th percentile

Does anybody know if LECOM sends an email when your application status changes from "under review" to "decision made"? I'm finding myself logging into the status page literally everyday aha

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if LECOM sends an email when your application status changes from "under review" to "decision made"? I'm finding myself logging into the status page literally everyday aha
No you will have to continue checking just as if you were to keep checking for your orgo 2 final grades to be released.

Reactions: 1 user

A retake is probably much needed with that low of an MCAT

Yo! Current post-bacc student here.

Hit me up you gals/guys have questions.

To my current classmates. I know a lot of you are on this site. I see you guys during class on SDN. Please shower and do laundry. I'll pay you do it. Yes, I know you're all busy studying and look who has time to shower? FOR the love of GOD, don't just spray Lysol, Febreze, or cooking oil on yourself. If you think I can't smell you. I CAN smell you and the sourness that seeps through the sprays that you use. I CAN'T concentrate in class and nor could those sitting around you! Especially during an EXAM!

*rant done*

Reactions: 2 users

Retake. The 40th percentile thing is already a stretch imo

Yo! Current post-bacc student here.

Hit me up you gals/guys have questions.

To my current classmates. I know a lot of you are on this site. I see you guys during class on SDN. Please shower and do laundry. I'll pay you do it. Yes, I know you're all busy studying and look who has time to shower? FOR the love of GOD, don't just spray Lysol, Febreze, or cooking oil on yourself. If you think I can't smell you. I CAN smell you and the sourness that seeps through the sprays that you use. I CAN'T concentrate in class and nor could those sitting around you! Especially during an EXAM!

*rant done*

I'm conflicted between liking this or not. On one hand it's funny, on the other it's pretty disturbing and I feel kinda sorry for this person having to sit around these people.

I'm conflicted between liking this or not. On one hand it's funny, on the other it's pretty disturbing and I feel kinda sorry for this person having to sit around these people.

Man, when people pass me when we walk into the lecture hall... I just hold my breath and shake my head

Has anyone received a letter in the mail stating a rejection or deferral?
Seems like everything that has been mailed has been an acceptance so far...true?

Seems like everything that has been mailed has been an acceptance so far...true?

I'm sure sdn is only a small sample of the acceptances

yea i think everyone that have received info back have been acceptances, I feel like they don't send rejections until they have a larger pool of applicants later on. Is anyone making an fbook page for this tho?

I'd be down to make a fb group. Anyone/everyone who's set on the program, send me a message so I can add you and get this thing rolling.

Reactions: 3 users
I'd be down to make a fb group. Anyone/everyone who's set on the program, send me a message so I can add you and get this thing rolling.
The real MVP

Its been 2 weeks since my application has gone to under review. Should i be scared?

Its been 2 weeks since my application has gone to under review. Should i be scared?
I think mine was under review for two weeks. I emailed them with a question about my transcripts and they said they hadn't looked at my application yet and would be looking at it later that day. That of course made me worry more knowing that they were talking about me! But, I think it just switches to under review when your application is complete.

Does anyone know if there has been a rejection

Does anyone know if there has been a rejection

I haven't heard of any yet? Of course, we're still pretty early in the app cycle so... along those lines though, is there any info on the acceptance rate/number of applicants on average?

Hi all I am new to SDN but this chat made me want to apply to post bac program. I have had interview for MD school but got waitlisted and am interested in applying to the post bac. I have filled out the entire application but cant seem to find any place where it tells me if I should send MCAT score through the aamc portal or not. Also, does anyone know how to send the SAT scores since they need those. It would be really helpful if someone can tell me how you guys sent your scores.

Hi all I am new to SDN but this chat made me want to apply to post bac program. I have had interview for MD school but got waitlisted and am interested in applying to the post bac. I have filled out the entire application but cant seem to find any place where it tells me if I should send MCAT score through the aamc portal or not. Also, does anyone know how to send the SAT scores since they need those. It would be really helpful if someone can tell me how you guys sent your scores.

Your college transcripts have your SAT scores on them. The threads been slow. Any updates? Anyone accepted?

I dont think my college has official SAT scores on transcript. Mr. Murphy has not replied so If anyone else here knows what to do it would be of great help.

I dont think my college has official SAT scores on transcript. Mr. Murphy has not replied so If anyone else here knows what to do it would be of great help.

I think that SAT/MCAT is all self reported information and you don't need to turn in anything as they never asked. My application shows they "received" my MCAT score so I'm not sure how that works.

I think that SAT/MCAT is all self reported information and you don't need to turn in anything as they never asked. My application shows they "received" my MCAT score so I'm not sure how that works.

Are you applying other programs. Can anyone give me some post bacc programs worth looking jnto. I've only applied to this one but would like to put my eggs in more than one basket

Are you applying other programs. Can anyone give me some post bacc programs worth looking jnto. I've only applied to this one but would like to put my eggs in more than one basket

VCOMs is the same concept but a bit harder to matriculate to the school as you need a 3.6 in the post bacc program rather than the 3.0 you would need for LECOM

If your MCAT meets the requirement, they don't need your SAT score. I asked Jamie this early on.
If they need your score, I think you go to college board and have it sent. I did apply to LECOM last cycle so maybe they had my MCAT score from that. I don't remember this specific application...

I applied to this one (accepted) Georgetown SMP (waitlisted) Drexel DPMS and IMS (DPMS has early assurance to the med school, IMS has guaranteed interview) and Temple ACMS (early assurance) Drexel DPMS is not rolling so they wont send out any info until after the deadline which is April 29.

I applied to this one (accepted) Georgetown SMP (waitlisted) Drexel DPMS and IMS (DPMS has early assurance to the med school, IMS has guaranteed interview) and Temple ACMS (early assurance) Drexel DPMS is not rolling so they wont send out any info until after the deadline which is April 29.

Is Drexel primarily for URM that's what I heard so decided I couldn't get into that

Is Drexel primarily for URM that's what I heard so decided I couldn't get into that

Yeah I think the DPMS is for disadvantaged or URM.
IMS might not be though. If you go to their website they have online info sessions every few weeks you can find out details

Hey guys, accepted for the postbac here. Still have an interview for the D.O program but one way or another I will be attending LECOM in the fall!

So should you be a gunner while in the program? No.
Why? You'll have some interactive quizzes during lecture so interact with your peers. You'll have a micro lab and a bone lab for which you'll work with someone.

It's very clique-ish so form your groups early, because at least to me it feels like high school. Once the clique forms... that's it.

Got my letter in the mail...finally some good news! Waited 2 years to get some kind of acceptance lol

If you guys are still wondering if your stats are good enough, hopefully I can give you all some hope.

When I applied for the last cycle, these were my stats:

cGPA: 3.1
sGPA: 2.9
MCAT: 25
I had some ecs, volunteering, and work experience/clinical experience but no leadership roles and such. If I could get into the post bac program, I'm sure you all can as well. In my personal opinion, this was the best program for me to get into med school given my stats, so I'm sure you guys will do fine as well as long as you work hard. So good luck to those that are still applying, and congratulations to those that have gotten their acceptances.

If you guys are still wondering if your stats are good enough, hopefully I can give you all some hope.

When I applied for the last cycle, these were my stats:

cGPA: 3.1
sGPA: 2.9
MCAT: 25
I had some ecs, volunteering, and work experience/clinical experience but no leadership roles and such. If I could get into the post bac program, I'm sure you all can as well. In my personal opinion, this was the best program for me to get into med school given my stats, so I'm sure you guys will do fine as well as long as you work hard. So good luck to those that are still applying, and congratulations to those that have gotten their acceptances.

Did you end up matriculating to LECOM after doing the post bacc?

hi all. this is my first ever post and i was just wondering if people think i should apply to this program while i currently have a application in to LECOM medical school? will it hurt my chances on getting an interview with them? thanks!