LECOM Seton Hill Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShyRem

I need more coffee.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
New year, new discussion here!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be starting OMS-1 in just 10 days here! :soexcited: Though I don't know much yet except about what it was like to apply, I'll do my best to help out this year's applicants. Feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sent in my deposit. Excited to be coming up next year. Is there a thread out there with more info on the way classes are scheduled particularly in the first semester? Or kind of an overview of things up at LECOM SH? Thanks

Sent in my deposit. Excited to be coming up next year. Is there a thread out there with more info on the way classes are scheduled particularly in the first semester? Or kind of an overview of things up at LECOM SH? Thanks

Hey so we just wrapped up our first semester here and I thought it'd be helpful to give the impressions of an OMS-1 after one semester. I'm not going to try to sell it either way, but just try to be honest.

I'll answer your question first, though. We had anatomy hardcore for the first ten weeks along with embryo, histo, omm and "pbl light." Anatomy was conducted like PBL. We basically were told what to learn and got together during "lab" to discuss it with our PBL group. It was a lot of studying each night but it was fine. In keeping with typical PBL, it was up to us to learn the material. We had "forums" every ten days or so that were sessions that emphasized clinical correlations, etc. Overall the Anatomy course was fine, I guess. Anatomy is anatomy...ya know? I could have done without the forums, they didn't provide any real benefit. Same with the Q and A sessions...no real benefit. They could have and should merge them into a sort of hybrid session.

We had a really quick histo mini course that was little more than an intro to the tissues. I thought it was a weird time to do it since we were all so obsessed with anatomy. But what do I know, just an OMS-1.

Our embryo course lasted until mid October, which I think was a lot longer than the class before us. I think they had it really condensed into 3 weeks which I imagine made those first three weeks brutal. I thought embryo was annoying since it always seemed to be hanging around in the background while trying to learn anatomy. But now I realize that the way they made embryo correlate with anatomy helped and if I paid more attention to embryo it might have helped me learn a couple things better. They would try to hit the same point in embryo that we were studying in anatomy, which helps to explain some of more confusing things in anatomy (like why some things are innervated the way they are). The embryo prof was a good guy. He's hilarious and a ball-buster but also knows his stuff. He definitely favors the Erie people but oh well, that's life. The lectures are broadcast live from Erie but I honestly never noticed a difference....sometimes I forgot he wasn't in the room with us. They're probably going to tweak the course a little bit for you guys but I'd say you'll probably have something similar to what we had rather than what the class before us had.

PBL light means we met once a week, because the emphasis was on Anatomy. It was the exact same thing as PBL just once a week instead of three. The biggest challenge was keeping up with the reading. Very easy and tempting to let the PBL stuff go and concentrate on Anatomy. But you realize you're in trouble when there are only two weeks to the PBL exam and you haven't studied anything and have 400 pages to learn inside and out. Trust me, try to keep up with the PBL as much as possible. But, they weight your first PBL exam much less than your second which is cool so you can "recover" from ignoring PBL...so to speak.

Also there is a healthcare management mini course along with your history and physical and omm courses. Healthcare management is literally two lectures (thank God, lol) followed by an exam. Not much to say about that course. History and Physical, at least for the first semester, was boring. It consisted of lectures once a week followed by a lab. The lab was basically learning to do patient interviews. I'm not saying it wasn't useful, just saying that it wasn't terribly interesting. But I suppose learning to actually speak to patients is important, lol.

OMM was fun. Sometimes the labs just felt like a waste because you're like "really? I'm a student and I know this is bull..." but most of the time it's interesting stuff, especially since you'll be able to "do stuff" to your family/friends that makes them feel better. The OMM lectures are given by various faculty and are fine. The exams are straight off the powerpoints...in other words, don't buy the books. We got quizzed in lab once before a test. By that I mean we got quizzed once before the first test and once before the second. Basically every other week they break the class into three groups and choose two students from the group to demonstrate techniques that we learned the week before. They seem to stress people out for some reason but honestly, they aren't so bad and it's a good way to make sure you stay on top of the stuff.

So to sum up...first ten weeks = anatomy and embryo plus pbl light. After that you go to PBL full time (MWF) with omm on tuesdays and h&p on thursdays. MWF you spend no more than 2 hours in class. Tuesday and Thursday you spend almost a full day. Tough schedule, huh?

If you get frustrated with your schedule during the anatomy portion (like any med student) just remember that your schedule is going to be amazing once PBL starts full time. Oh and you get to pick early/mid/late PBL session which helps you set up your days however you want.

So with that said, here's some general info on the campus.

The first thing I feel like I need to mention is that this campus is apparently not nearly as uptight and "big brotherly" as the Erie campus tends to be. LECOM in general has a rep for being a bit overbearing but I can honestly say I never felt that. Little things like having access to Seton Hill's library (where you can eat, drink, wear whatever you want unlike the LECOM property) is pretty awesome. Same thing for the Seton Hill cafe/etc. That "feeling" just doesn't seem very prevalent here. In addition, most of the staff is pretty chill. There are a couple who are annoying and on power trips, but you'll find that anywhere in academia, especially in young faculty. I'd say overall the faculty is friendly and helpful.

For example, some faculty members gave optional intro presentations that we requested to help jump start us on the subject. Others are more than willing to have you stop by the office to talk about tough subjects or at least point you towards the right sources. However, since this is a PBL pathway, any questions you ask tend to be answered by pointing you towards the right resources instead of handing you the answer. Do with that what you will, but I think it works well and helps to develop skills you'll need for the rest of your career anyway. I'm not saying it isn't frustrating at times...just that it's probably best in the long run.

As far as the PBL curriculum, I don't think campus matters either way since it's a student directed pathway. I can say I'm so glad I didn't do LDP (no, not because I think PBL people are superior...because they're not) because PBL lets me study when I want and have my own schedule with plenty of free time for my wife/friends. Seriously, I can be done with studying by the time my wife comes home from work....which is awesome...never thought I'd be able to say that.

In addition, most of my classmates seem happy and most are much more social than I anticipated, which was a huge relief. SDN tends to give the impression that LECOM students are zombies who hate their lives. I'm not saying it's not true in other situations but for us, right now, that's just not the case. I'm happy and so are those that I hang out with. I can honestly say I don't dislike a single person in my class. Not saying I'll be lifelong friends with them all, but I don't dislike anyone.

Overall the atmosphere is positive with a couple faculty members who piss us off. I'll fill you in if you PM me, I'm not going to call people out publicly, I think that's messed up.

This is turning into one long-winded and not very well organized response (sorry, yesterday was our final and let's just say I'm still hung over) so tell you what, ask me what you want to know and I'll answer the questions...

I am also an OMS-1 here and I will add that Wolverines post above is very thorough and accurate.

I also am glad for the PBL curriculum mostly because it suits my learning style better than LDP. And I do think that SH seems much more relaxed than Erie. Don't get me wrong, we have the dress code, no food/drink, mandatory attendance for lectures (and there are a surprising number of lectures in this curriculum), assigned seating in lecture, etc., but we don't have security officers and cameras.

Two points that bear mentioning:

1) Unlike Wolverines I did not like the way anatomy was taught here. It mostly consists of learning on your own and in small groups of students teaching each other. I know I would have benefitted from more structure though I agree the "forums" and "discussions" as they were presented were not always that helpful. I know we are supposed to be self learners here but anatomy is at the beginning, we're new to the PBL style learning, and it is fast and furious and I feel it would be better with more structure. Please note that we do not have cadavers here. I did not mind this, per se, but apparently many of my classmates were under the impression that we did have them here and were upset when they arrived here and found out we didn't. I do think the lack of cadavers makes it more difficult to get a feel for 3 dimensional spatial relationships.

2) Though supposedly LECOM students are supposed to have the same access to Seton Hill University facilities as the SH students, sometimes there are problems and LECOM students have been given a hard time in the cafeteria and library by SH staff. So, I think there could be better integration and community between our schools.

Keep in mind this is a new school; Wolverines and I are in only the 3rd class to start here. Like any new school there are growing pains and some courses could use improvement but they do seem to be making improvements every year and actively trying to make things work.

Like Wolverines, I am happy here, too. There are a lot of great people in my class and students are very friendly. I'm a bit older than most students and have had no trouble fitting in or being accepted by classmates. It is a really small school here, very intimate. Faculty and admin learn names quickly and its a personal environment. I've had some personal and academic struggles this semester and the faculty and admin have been very supportive. Faculty are very accessible and willing to answer questions or chat.

Feel free to post or PM any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, that is fantastic information! A question that immediately comes to mind is what kind of student activities/clubs do you guys have? I know when I was on interviews the students talked about "surgery club" or "EM club" etc and I was wondering if LECOM SH had things like that to give students extracurricular opportunities.

Off the top of my head, here are some of the clubs here (this is not a complete list):

Surgery Club
Internal Medicine Club
Anesthesiology Club
Radiology Club
Neurology Club
Evidence Based Medicine Club
Christian Medicine Club
Emergency Medicine Club

Thanks guys, that is fantastic information! A question that immediately comes to mind is what kind of student activities/clubs do you guys have? I know when I was on interviews the students talked about "surgery club" or "EM club" etc and I was wondering if LECOM SH had things like that to give students extracurricular opportunities.

I have to admit I'm not involved in many of the extracurriculars but they vary from what Helen stated about the clubs to students getting together to play everything from basketball to ultimate frisbee (when weather permits) and doing some ad-hoc volunteer activities. Seems like there's no shortage of things with which to get involved.

Wolverine, thanks for all the info. That bit about "done studying by the time my wife comes home from work" was especially reassuring as I just found out that my wife and I will be joining you all in SH next fall. While she's worried about finding a job while I'm in school, my next concern is where we are going to live. Does anyone have any thoughts on finding housing in the area (especially for the menagerie of cats, dog, and fish that will be accompanying me)?

hi all, my interview at SH is at the end of this month, can any of you guys give me some tips as of how's the interview gonna be like? like what kind of questions will I be asked? or anything else I should be aware of? thanks~!

hi all,

i have one interview from SH campus and one from Bradenton campus coming up at the end of Jan. But i still don't have a rec letter from DO yet. Is that going to be a huge problem? But i have already setup to shadow a doctor in this week. I've read the order LECOM thread, someone said the letter is not required until being offered acceptance. But I called LECOM before, the lady said it's required to "make the final decision." I'm worried :( any one could answer me?

hi all,

i have one interview from SH campus and one from Bradenton campus coming up at the end of Jan. But i still don't have a rec letter from DO yet. Is that going to be a huge problem? But i have already setup to shadow a doctor in this week. I've read the order LECOM thread, someone said the letter is not required until being offered acceptance. But I called LECOM before, the lady said it's required to "make the final decision." I'm worried :( any one could answer me?

I interviewed Dec. 9, but didn't get a DO letter to them till 12/22 (and was accepted by new years). I had a few email exchanges with them about the inconsistancy of information about the DO letter, and they assured me they were in the process of updating old info.
Don't fret about the DO letter before interviewing. My thought is that their decision is basically made after the interview and the letter is just be sure the interviewers didn't miss something important about you.
As for your other question, the interview will be much like you may have read elsewhere. A couple hours of power point about the school, then small group (8-10) interview with faculty. First, introductions around the table, who you are, where you're from, why you're here, etc. Then they will ask particular questions to specific people usually related to medical ethics in some way. Once everyone has had an opportunity to answer their particular question, they pose similar questions to the group as a whole. This is where you can really impress by respectfully disagreeing with the others in your group with counter-points, showing original thought, and generally showing you are a rationally thinking human being not bound to silence by your own anxiety of the situation. By the same token, you should be careful not to gab. Always listen first.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview with LECOM-Seton Hill on Feb. 9th. Can anyone shed some light on the fullness of the class? Also, has anyone else been put on the "your file will be rereviewed in 60 days" list for Bradenton and received an interview from Erie or Seton?

Thanks!

Hey question for Wolverines83 and Helen Wheels, how are the exams for PBL? Are they hard to study for considering you only have textbooks or do the cases pretty much lay everything out for you?

Hey question for Wolverines83 and Helen Wheels, how are the exams for PBL? Are they hard to study for considering you only have textbooks or do the cases pretty much lay everything out for you?

I'm a second year at Seton Hill... So PBL exams are hard to study for.... And you are right it is because you just get a textbook... For the most part there are no powerpoint slides, no notes, etc. I do however think that it gets easier to study for the longer you are here because you get better at figuring out what kinds of questions you will get. Also the same professors write questions for the same disciplines every time, so you also figure out what types of questions they like to ask. That being said, its very doable. There are tutors available for free at school, which are second year students that have done well, and they can point you in the right direction. It sounds challenging and it is, but you will figure what you need to do to really learn and understand the material, and you will learn the things you need to know. You may get a few lower grades at the beginning, but you won't be alone on that... But you will figure out what you need to do to learn and understand the material, and that is a skill set that will get you farther than straight A's in the first 2 years of medical school.

I'm a second year at Seton Hill... So PBL exams are hard to study for.... And you are right it is because you just get a textbook... For the most part there are no powerpoint slides, no notes, etc. I do however think that it gets easier to study for the longer you are here because you get better at figuring out what kinds of questions you will get. Also the same professors write questions for the same disciplines every time, so you also figure out what types of questions they like to ask. That being said, its very doable. There are tutors available for free at school, which are second year students that have done well, and they can point you in the right direction. It sounds challenging and it is, but you will figure what you need to do to really learn and understand the material, and you will learn the things you need to know. You may get a few lower grades at the beginning, but you won't be alone on that... But you will figure out what you need to do to learn and understand the material, and that is a skill set that will get you farther than straight A's in the first 2 years of medical school.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently a Post Bacc student at Erie and debating between PBL and LDP. Since We learn a majority of the first year material, I feel like PBL might be a better option for me. I am just worried about how I can deal with no powerpoints, notes, etc and just learning from a book.

If you are in post bacc at Erie, I'm pretty confident that you would be fine in PBL... And I think the best thing you can do with PBL is find one or two other people you feel are good students and study with them... Then you can get another opinion or two about whether something is important to know or not... And that will take care of most of what you are talking about... And remember too that if the majority of your group doesn't think something is important, and you happen to get a question about it, its highly likely most you will get it wrong and the question will end up getting dropped.

In addition to what WhitJord said, I would add that yes, the exams are hard to study for. You have hundreds of pages of material, no one teaches it, you have to read and learn it yourself, and there are no lists of objectives - you have to figure out what it important. Many of my classmates who never had to read their textbooks are struggling with this format. The cases are really just a tool to build the skills for working through a case, developing teamwork, and providing a framework around which the group can choose readings from the texts. The cases don't really help you prepare for the exams and you aren't specifically tested on the cases in PBL.

Some traits that I think make for a student who can succeed in PBL:

-likes to read, strong reading skills
-independent learner
-self motivated
-likes small group discussion

The post bac students seem to do really well when they come here so you would likely be in good shape, ScarletKnights. Also, I encourage people to get a tutor early if you need one. The tutors are free for you (the school pays them) and they are a great resource since they are MS-2s and full of helpful advice. I have a tutor I've been working with who is absolutely awesome! :)

Officially got my acceptance letter from LECOM at Seton Hill today!! So ridiculously excited since this was my first choice medical school!! Hope to see some of you in my class!!:D:D:D

Just to let your guys know, I just created the group and is now available !! :)
Come and join us to get to know each other !

Hey I just got my acceptance too! Really excited. I'm not seeing the facebook group though. I could only find the Lecom seton hill group, not the 2016 group.

I dont have a DO letter. Do LECOM seton hill helps the interviewee to get a DO letter?? or am I pretty much on my own??
i heard lecom erie does help out people like me to get the letter.
but I was nt sure whther seton hill does the similar thing or not

i just saw my portal status changed to committee has made a decision, will receive a letter within 30 days. Should I call them and ask about the decision?? so nervous ~_~

Where specifically on the campus is the interview held?

Just got my acceptance to LECOM SH. My first choice was lecture at Erie. I'm not sure which way to go. Is it hard to switch back to LDP at Erie? Just very difficult to decide. Are there data on board score differences between those LDP trained versus those PBL trained.
How hard is it to get clinical rotations in Pittsburgh among LECOM SH students?

Thanks for any insight!!

omg i got accepted at SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone. I just got accepted to Seton Hill for 2016. I interviewed at Erie and have never even been to Greensburg, but from the pictures it looks beautiful. In typical interview fashion, I'd like to ask anyone who currently goes to SH what is their favorite aspect of that campus. I went to a small Catholic university in Chicago so I think I'll fit in just fine at Seton Hill, I'd just like to know a little bit more about the campus and the town of Greensburg.

Thanks everyone,
Brian

i just saw my portal status changed to committee has made a decision, will receive a letter within 30 days. Should I call them and ask about the decision?? so nervous ~_~
I know last year people tried to get an admissions decision over the phone and the admissions staff wouldn't do it. It shouldn't actually take 30 days to get the letter, though! I got my letter 2 weeks after the interview. Hang in there!

Hey everyone. I just got accepted to Seton Hill for 2016. I interviewed at Erie and have never even been to Greensburg, but from the pictures it looks beautiful. In typical interview fashion, I'd like to ask anyone who currently goes to SH what is their favorite aspect of that campus. I went to a small Catholic university in Chicago so I think I'll fit in just fine at Seton Hill, I'd just like to know a little bit more about the campus and the town of Greensburg.

Thanks everyone,
Brian

The campus is beautiful, Brian! There are expanses of green rolling hills and this amazing tree lined driveway leading up the hill to the campus. The dining hall even looks like it is part of Hogwart's! :D My favorite aspect of the campus is that it is much smaller than Erie. In Erie you have 250+ students per class plus pharmacy and post bac students. Down here we only have about 100 students per class so it is very small and faculty and staff will learn your name very fast. You will definitely not get lost in the crowd here. Faculty are also very accessible.

In some respects, fitting in with the university isn't really necessary. LECOM has its own areas on campus and there is very limited contact with university students. The LECOM part of campus is card key access only so it is very separate from the university. A lot of LECOM students use the Seton Hill cafeteria, library, and gym (which we do have access to) but in some ways it is unfortunate that we are so separate from the university.

I dont have a DO letter. Do LECOM seton hill helps the interviewee to get a DO letter?? or am I pretty much on my own??
i heard lecom erie does help out people like me to get the letter.
but I was nt sure whther seton hill does the similar thing or not

Hmmn... I got the DO letter on my own so I don't know the answer to this. I think the LECOM main web site says something about contacting them if you need help with finding a DO to shadow. My guess is that they might supply you with some names of alumni DOs in your area.

omg i got accepted at SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, 1283!!! It's a great feeling, isn't it?
:highfive:

Where specifically on the campus is the interview held?

They are having interviewees meet in the theater at Reeves Hall in the morning. At some point, you will come over to the PBL rooms in Lynch Hall for the group interviews. And they also take you over to the Seton Hill University dining hall for lunch with 2nd year students. Don't stress too much - I know some of the faculty doing these interviews and they are very nice. :)

I've been accepted to the SH class of 2016. I was wondering if the students had access to the cadaver lab in Erie or anywhere else? My Dad (physician) is concerned about learning anatomy without the full 3-D experience. Thanks for any input.

I've been accepted to the SH class of 2016. I was wondering if the students had access to the cadaver lab in Erie or anywhere else? My Dad (physician) is concerned about learning anatomy without the full 3-D experience. Thanks for any input.

The PBL students up at Erie do have the option of requesting special permission to go to the cadaver lab. We were never offered that here. I suspect it would be just too impractical. SH is a 2 hour drive from Erie each way. During anatomy your schedule is very full most days. Really not possible to meet your obligations down here and be driving up there for labs. So, no, you should not expect cadavers as a SH student. We use a DVD down here with photographic images of cadavers, that's as close as it gets.

The PBL students up at Erie do have the option of requesting special permission to go to the cadaver lab. We were never offered that here. I suspect it would be just too impractical. SH is a 2 hour drive from Erie each way. During anatomy your schedule is very full most days. Really not possible to meet your obligations down here and be driving up there for labs. So, no, you should not expect cadavers as a SH student. We use a DVD down here with photographic images of cadavers, that's as close as it gets.
Thanks Helen!

During my interview at SH they said we could visit Erie in the summer and work in the cadaver lab. I'm really impartial to the needing a cadaver mentality but if given the opportunity I would take advantage of it. Call the admissions and talk with Linda about it.

During my interview at SH they said we could visit Erie in the summer and work in the cadaver lab. I'm really impartial to the needing a cadaver mentality but if given the opportunity I would take advantage of it. Call the admissions and talk with Linda about it.

Yes, we received an email about this recently:

Please find this as the official posting of jobs for our summer dissection program.

The program will run from May 29th through June 29th. You are expected to work 20 hours/week (~$7.25/hour; beyond weekly check-ins with an anatomist, you can work according to your own schedule). We can be flexible with your schedule – if you need to be away for an extended weekend, you can put the hours in ahead of time. During these four weeks, you are expected to complete dissection of your assigned cadaver; if you finish early you may freelance with other dissectors.

Two important points:
1. You cannot participate if you are remediating a course over the summer.
2. You cannot get paid for dissection and another LECOM job (i.e. research or Bridging the Gaps).

So, yes, there is a possibility of summer employment but this depends on you living in Erie for a month, that you don't want to do any research or other programs over the summer, and that you aren't remediating any courses (it happens). Also, not sure how many applicants they get and your chances of getting the position. So, my point is, it isn't part of the regular school year and might not be an option.

We have cadavers down here in bradenton and to be honest I never really used them. They are cool to look at and poke around in, but not everyone gets a lot of benefit from them. That being said there are people that would spend 5 hours a day looking at them to nail down where things where and how things were related but if you dont personally think that you need so see it live then I wouldnt worry about not having the bodies. I didnt even touch a body after the 4th week of anatomy(there were 9 total) and I did better on the 2nd and 3rd test than I did on the first which i used the bodies for extensively.

Here is a spread sheet that compares match lists, GPA/MCAT scores of matriculates, COMLEX scores, and other types of data. It includes:

-2011-2008 Match lists for many osteopathic schools
- comparison of match results between schools
-GPA/MCAT scores, a profiles of average matriculating students compared between all Osteopathic schools,
-COMLEX scores for some schools
- You'll also find comparison of tuition / graduate indebtedness between schools

https://sites.google.com/site/osteopathicreference/home

(I can't host the spread sheet on the forums because of size limits)

I apologize in advance that I will be mass posting this through out the forums this afternoon but many people have been looking for this data and I want the to be able to find it!

OMSII here from SH... If your PBL group decides and all agree to go, you can go up to Erie and see the cadavers... We were offered this last year, but no one wants to. You will be busy and no one believes it is really worth 4-5 hours in the car. So technically its available but no one does it.

Hey! Are accepted applicants offered the option to defer entrance for a year? Thanks

Does anyone know if Seton Hill allows students to take Anatomy prior to entering their first year and receive credit?

Now I have to think about where to live..I'm from Texas and I only been there once for the interview... Is there any nice apartment close to the campus? and what are the price like? and should I fly there to look at the apartments in person or just look up online will be fine? what about cars? should I ship/ drive my own car up there?

any suggestions? thanks!

Does anyone know if Seton Hill allows students to take Anatomy prior to entering their first year and receive credit?

I haven't heard of anyone doing this. In fact, one of the students in my group for anatomy had an MS in Anatomy so I doubt it.

Now I have to think about where to live..I'm from Texas and I only been there once for the interview... Is there any nice apartment close to the campus? and what are the price like? and should I fly there to look at the apartments in person or just look up online will be fine? what about cars? should I ship/ drive my own car up there?

any suggestions? thanks!

I am a bit unusual in that I live pretty far from campus because I already lived in the area and didn't want to move. So I can't say much about apartments in Greensburg. Some people do come to see the apartments in person, others rent sight unseen.

I can tell you that you will need a car. Not all rentals are within walking distance and you'll need a car just to get around to buy things and go places. And you'll also want to get away from Greensburg occasionally with a trip to Pittsburgh.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is a quiet thread! Any other acceptances out there? I'm wondering about housing close by or commuting from Pittsburgh.

I would say if you are moving here to go to school save yourself some hassle and expense and get a place close to campus. I already lived in the area and did not want to move so I have a long commute. I had my reasons but I am spending a lot of money on gas and tolls and the time I spend commuting could be spent studying. Just my 2 cents.

I would say if you are moving here to go to school save yourself some hassle and expense and get a place close to campus. I already lived in the area and did not want to move so I have a long commute. I had my reasons but I am spending a lot of money on gas and tolls and the time I spend commuting could be spent studying. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks Helen!

I'm looking for a furnished apartment close to Seton Hill University. Does anyone have any recommendation? I'm moving from Texas. Thank you for you input.

hello group!

I have an interview this Monday and was wondering if any of you could prep me on the types of questions you were asked at your interviews. Someone mentioned ethical questions - can you give an example? Thanks. I would greatly appreciate any feedback as to the questions you can remember, how you prepared for the interview, etc.

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope one of you gets it. Good Luck!

I withdrew my acceptance as well. Great school just not for me. Hope one of you gets the spot:)